Las Cruces Public Schools Employee Reviews

Would not work here!!
Maintenance Technician/ Custodian (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 8, 2017
Poor Management!! over worked and under paid! no room for advancement, unless your among the favored. The only good thing about my expierience was my fellow Co-wokers who are the ones who made it ok. Good hearted people
Great Co Workers
School Counselor/Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 2, 2017
Overall decent place to work. Great place to obtain social work experience. Great opportunities to work with families and students. Not always a great leadership, and alot of turnover can lead to low morale, however recent change in leadership will hopefully improve.
Elementary School Teacher
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 17, 2017
Worked with KIndergarten and 4th grade students as well as parents, administration and colleagues on a daily basis. Prepared lesson plans, created and delivered lessons, administered tests and collected and desegregated data to ensure student success.
Professional place
VVES Intermediate multiage teacher 3-5 (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 17, 2017
LCPS is the best place I've ever worked! I say this because I'm challenged each day, motivated to do my best and feel supported by my management team. It's a joy coming to work each day!
Pros
Support
Cons
Salaries
Great Experience
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJune 21, 2017
Overall great place to be. Great experience, in the teaching field. Room to progress and coach in the schools. The advancement to expand your education and those lives around.
Pros
Schedule time off
Cons
Not as competitive pay compared to other school districts
Great staff of caring educators and leaders.
Maintenance Custodial (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 24, 2017
A typical day finds me exposed to great people of stature and heart. I've learned that being positive is the beginning of knowledge and very rewarding. Management strives to uphold its employees in a respectful and dignified manner. The culture is of a "oneness" approach...if one fails all fail. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with young children with ambitions and rambunctiousness. The most enjoyable would be watching educators of each grade do their best to prepare a child for another grade and being able to contribute to the success of a child.
Pros
Watch children grow and mature.
Cons
Witnessing children that have problems at home.
School Psychologist (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 10, 2017
Good place to work. Would recommend it to a friend. Decent pay. Good supervisor. Knowledgeable employees. Hard working. Pay could be a bit better. Overall good.
Interesting experience
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 29, 2017
I was able to see firsthand how difficult it was to work in this school district. I thought student teaching was hard this was way worse. Teachers expected miracles and hardly anyone helped. The kids went crazy and it was exhausting
Pros
Meeting new people, learning new skills
Cons
Lack of support, rude people
great environment
PAINTING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 9, 2017
great people to work with teach you different thinks about paints and how to paint certain things with what brushes and which ones to not use. great work place
Great work environment, steady employment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMDecember 29, 2016
Steady paced work environment. Always be willing to help and satisfy the customer. Offer suggestive selling as much as possible, be positive and productive. Always have team workl
Typical school district with minimal pay and benefits.
Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 22, 2016
As in all districts pay is minimal for outside work required and benefits are expensive. Paycheck is half tax and insurance every two weeks. Much more is required than job description.
Lcps
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 26, 2016
I enjoy working with the students and their families. The overall love and compassion I have for every student on my case load and the students who aren't, is what drives me to work as hard as I can everyday.
Office Manager & Finance (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMay 4, 2016
The educators were amazing, they cared about the students & went above and beyond for them. It wasn't just a staff, it was a family.
Fun and secure
Building Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 12, 2016
I have been with the School district for about 10 years now. Benefits are great however, the pay is it little low for various positions.
Comfortable learning place
Classroom Intern, Clyde Tombaugh Elementary School (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 20, 2016
I enjoy working with all of the students and the staff as well. i like working with people and helping out as much as i can. The administration really cares about the children and the staff.
Pros
Nice teachers
fun workplace
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 9, 2016
awesome to work with, interacting with the students (Pre K to 5th grades) lots of fun..
Participate in special events for the school like, fieldtrips and special programs.. Free school merchandise for food services workers. Love the working hours from 7:30 am to 1:30. Off on every holiday an during winter break, spring break, and summer break. Love been off with my kids.
Pros
Free Lunch and Breakfast
Cons
6 hours daily not enough hours.
Simple Productive work to Advance the School.
Gournds Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 22, 2016
Well a typical day as a Grounds Keeper would be arriving to work early and receive any orders for the day from our supervisor or we would process regular maintenance with the schools facility.
Pros
Fun Work Outdoors, Work on your own time schedule.
Cons
Hot wheather conditions and co workers.
Productive and enjoyable
Bilingual Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 1, 2016
A typical day @ work is supporting students with the academic skills that they need to be successful in their academic path.
I get along with all the people I work with on a regular basis.

The hardest part of my job is trying how to explain things in a different ways or strategies so that the students can understand it.
Poor training and follow through
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMDecember 13, 2015
It depends what school you go to on that given day.
The training for new Employees Is terrible,they basically just throw you out there.Then when you go to schools they all assume you know everything about the job or have done everything so they just say go do this or that with no details of how to do it then get Irratated when you ask them to explain or they just leave you standing around doing nothing because nobody wants to take the time to explain.
Working with Children
Special Education Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 12, 2015
I enjoy working with children and making a difference in their lives even if just a little. The schedule is great as well as the environment. There is room for some growth and able to transfer different positions, but the rate of pay for the amount of work is not very competitive.
Pros
Set schedule, summers off.
Cons
Pay