Las Palmas Medical Center Employee Reviews

not a great place to work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 9, 2017
Not a great place to work, management is poor, compensation is not the greatest, management is poor. No communication from management to staff. Little regard for work like balance.
Got to meet a lot of good people
Medical Staff Credentialing (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79902July 4, 2017
Was hired for credentialing but was receptionist so it was difficult to concentrate on my work load when I was constantly being interupted.
Prepare location for several meeting and meeting minutes.
Pros
Lots of free lunches
Cons
No breaks
Small Hospital, Big Heart
Tech (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 21, 2017
Working in the PEDS ICU was an honor. The doctor on staff gave his whole heart and effort into taking care of the children who came in. The staff was enthusiastic and supportive and the ability to grow was always available.
Smaller laboratory but very helpful staff
Generalist CLS (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 31, 2017
Each section of the laboratory is small, but if you were to need help with the work load or troubleshooting the staff is willing to help you out. Good learning environment
Work environment
O/R Supplies Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 27, 2017
The work culture and environment at Las Palmas was very good. Unfortunately, this position was temporary and short-lived.
Pros
Potential for growth and compensation was very good
Cons
Very professional and highly recommended to gain work experience in all medical fields.
Multi Skilled Tech (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 21, 2017
A typical day is a fast pace that keeps you on your toes the entire twelve hour shift. Customer service is a plus working for this company. Management always available to voice concerns and easy to work with. The culture is very family and enjoyable to work in. The hardest part of the job is attachment to patients and family. The most enjoyable part of the job is discharging a patient.
Pros
patient load is distribute fairly most of the time.
Cons
low pay
Making a difference
Outpatient Rehabilitation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 2, 2016
I enjoyed doing my part in healthcare as a business office coordinator for the Rehab department. It was nice to help people in a time of need. Lots of multitasking made the day go by quick. Great benefits and great leadership. I always felt like my job was challenging and provided a lot of opportunity for growth. My direct leadership was very encouraging and supportive.
Pros
Free gym membership at the LifeCare Center
Cons
Health Insurance was a little pricey for the family
N/a
PRN staff in the NICU (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 17, 2015
Enjoy working with co-staff but management is not supportive with staff. Decent amount of red tapes and politics. Encouraging staff to grow educationally by providing free seminars and tuition reimbursement.
enjoyable work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 12, 2015
Enjoyable work environment working in the pediatric, PICU, NICU and OB/GYN departments. Worked with great, experienced nurses who also enjoyed working with the pediatric population, and who enjoyed working as a team. Unfortunately due to low patient census during many months of the year, nurses were cancelled to work scheduled shifts, and in order to complete a 40 hour work week, nurses were forced to find their own hours in other departments throughout the hospital.
Pros
team work, enjoyable work environment
Cons
work instability with minimum pay raises
Please see above......
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TexasAugust 9, 2015
This section has already been thoroughly, thoughtfully and completed filled out. There is no more information to add.
Critical Care Technician
Critical Care Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 4, 2015
I worked in the surgery department, which of course we are always dealing with life and death situations. The phones were ringing off the wall at all times, scheduling surgeries, etc. You have to
deal with the stress and have your head on straight. My manager was amazing, even keeled person, who never lost her cool. It's important to have that in a department of this magnitude. We were one big family there.That is very important for everyone to be on the same page and respect each other.
Pros
Camaraderie
Cons
Ceo's
Fast Pace and Enjoyable workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 2, 2015
This job was the best job I've had it was a great experience. My co-workers where always helping each other out with patients and anything in need. The things I disliked about this job is the pay and the hours one was getting when there was no surgeries in the floor. My hours went down to basically 12 per week. This place was a great place to work at and a great experience.
Great Place to learn and work
Internship (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 24, 2015
We took tickets from users in the hospital and resolved users problems. We would pick up computers and take them back to the I.T. department and troubleshoot the problems. Once solved we would return them to the department. We spent a lot of time imaging laptops and PCs through a Networking image.
Pros
Got to work with a great group of Professionals.
Cons
It was only an Internship
Great place to work. Would refer a friend or family member to Las Palmas.
OPERATIONS MANAGER - KIDNEY TRANSPLANT SERVICES (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 20, 2015
I was fortunate to be apart of and witness the impact that each employee made in the lives of our renal patients and their family members.
Great Hospital
Human Resources File Clerk (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 12, 2015
Even though i was there short term do to being contract employee
this hospital staff pay and facility is great. Staff is so helpful and very nice.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
bad parking
Fun environment
RN Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 3, 2015
Better leaders needed. Administrative people are not the best nurses or most clinically inclined... Frequently understaffed... Poor pay
Wonderful team work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 9, 2015
Days can be overwhelming for any nurse, but your team members will always have a chance to help you and make you smile. Administration can always have it's ups and downs, like with politics and as I imagine, with any other hospital.
Productive team oriented
Intensive Care Unit RN (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Professional friendly environment
Quality professional support
Supportive management
Pros
Friendly coworkers, very clean and nice establishment
Cons
long hours of work
Very fun stressfull work place
ER Technician I (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 24, 2014
Awesome experience in total emergency patient care, still looking for similar work in this type of setting.
Pros
Holiday bonuses and dinners
Cons
No breaks
Learning experience
Operating Room Buyer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 28, 2014
learn many skills that allowed me to work creating contracts that will help me become a more knowledgeable