Las Palmas Medical Center Employee Reviews

enjoyable work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 12, 2015
Enjoyable work environment working in the pediatric, PICU, NICU and OB/GYN departments. Worked with great, experienced nurses who also enjoyed working with the pediatric population, and who enjoyed working as a team. Unfortunately due to low patient census during many months of the year, nurses were cancelled to work scheduled shifts, and in order to complete a 40 hour work week, nurses were forced to find their own hours in other departments throughout the hospital.
Pros
team work, enjoyable work environment
Cons
work instability with minimum pay raises
Critical Care Technician
Critical Care Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 4, 2015
I worked in the surgery department, which of course we are always dealing with life and death situations. The phones were ringing off the wall at all times, scheduling surgeries, etc. You have to
deal with the stress and have your head on straight. My manager was amazing, even keeled person, who never lost her cool. It's important to have that in a department of this magnitude. We were one big family there.That is very important for everyone to be on the same page and respect each other.
Pros
Camaraderie
Cons
CEO'S
Fast Pace and Enjoyable workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 2, 2015
This job was the best job I've had it was a great experience. My co-workers where always helping each other out with patients and anything in need. The things I disliked about this job is the pay and the hours one was getting when there was no surgeries in the floor. My hours went down to basically 12 per week. This place was a great place to work at and a great experience.
N/a
PRN staff in the NICU (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 17, 2015
Enjoy working with co-staff but management is not supportive with staff. Decent amount of red tapes and politics. Encouraging staff to grow educationally by providing free seminars and tuition reimbursement.
Great Place to learn and work
Internship (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 24, 2015
We took tickets from users in the hospital and resolved users problems. We would pick up computers and take them back to the I.T. department and troubleshoot the problems. Once solved we would return them to the department. We spent a lot of time imaging laptops and PCs through a Networking image.
Pros
Got to work with a great group of Professionals.
Cons
It was only an Internship
Generalist for lab
Generalist & Lead Tech Hematology/Blood Bank (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 5, 2014
As a day shift lead tech generalist, I was in all departments to help out. My main departments were Hematology and blood bank. I learned new instrumentation and became a CAP inspector. Management was good at at delegating task to techs when needed. Co-workers were great to work with when help was needed. Most enjoyable part of my job was learning new instrumentation for hematology, blood bank and chemistry.
Pros
Generalist
Cons
NA
Great place to work. Would refer a friend or family member to Las Palmas.
OPERATIONS MANAGER - KIDNEY TRANSPLANT SERVICES (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 20, 2015
I was fortunate to be apart of and witness the impact that each employee made in the lives of our renal patients and their family members.
Great Hospital
Human Resources File Clerk (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 12, 2015
Even though i was there short term do to being contract employee
this hospital staff pay and facility is great. Staff is so helpful and very nice.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
bad parking
Please see above......
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TexasAugust 9, 2015
This section has already been thoroughly, thoughtfully and completed filled out. There is no more information to add.
Wonderful team work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 9, 2015
Days can be overwhelming for any nurse, but your team members will always have a chance to help you and make you smile. Administration can always have it's ups and downs, like with politics and as I imagine, with any other hospital.
Productive environment
Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 26, 2014
The people in this hospital are very friendly and helpful. Having my clinical rotations in this hospital was a very nice experience because I felt everybody was very willing to help.
Pros
friendly personnel
Cons
no cons, I like the hospital
Productive work enviorment.
Host (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 28, 2013
A typical work day would be, once you clock in. You go to your work station and start working. Find out if there is anything specific management wants you to do. Or you start off where your co workers left off. My co- workers were somewhat helpful. Of course just like at job there's always your hard workers and your lazy workers. I was one of the hardest workers. As much as I disliked That i would work my hardest to get things done when others would just stand around talking I did it. Because I knew if i didn't do what was supposed to be done, either it wouldn't get done or eventually your going to be told to do it.The hardest part of my job was sometimes having to work in a hostile environment. And Management really couldn't do anything about it. The most enjoyable part of my job were the cheerful patients. Even though they were sick, They still found a positive aspect of being in the hospital and still finding a way to keep a smile on they're face. Which made me keep a smile on my face even when my days were bad.
fast pace good learning
MST/CNA (Former Employee) –  El Paso TexasDecember 23, 2013
always busy
learned how to deal under high stress
management great listeners
co-worker always saw themselves as equals
stressful at times when lost patients
something different everyday
Pros
learn at a fast pace
Cons
can be stressful at times
Pacu
PACU Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 14, 2013
Enjoyed my time in the recovery room, worked with really nice doctors and nurses. Hard part about my job was working with sick children and geriatric patients. Wish there was more I could do for them.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
on call schedule
Productive team oriented
Intensive Care Unit RN (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Professional friendly environment
Quality professional support
Supportive management
Pros
Friendly coworkers, very clean and nice establishment
Cons
long hours of work
Fun environment
RN Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 3, 2015
Better leaders needed. Administrative people are not the best nurses or most clinically inclined... Frequently understaffed... Poor pay
Exciting job
Clinical Coordinator/OB Tech (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 11, 2013
The work itself was exciting but the management could care less about your personal life and family.
Pros
coworkers created positive environment
Cons
grab a number and start working
Very fun stressfull work place
ER Technician I (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 24, 2014
Awesome experience in total emergency patient care, still looking for similar work in this type of setting.
Pros
HOLIDAY BONUSES AND DINNERS
Cons
NO BREAKS
Small Corporate Hospital
RN (Current Employee) –  Clinical CoordinatorJanuary 13, 2012
Census varied with the season somewhat varies, manditory flexing with low census of all staff.
Pros
excellent nursing supervisors
Cons
union orginazation on going
I worjed here when i was stationed in El pAso when I moved with my husband
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 30, 2013
It was a great experiwnce, but it was also very ard work, but easy work my boss was awesome

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Las Palmas Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2