Las Vegas Sands Corp. Employee Reviews

Internship
Cyber Security Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 1, 2018
Great place to intern. Pay is really good for all positions including entry level. Benefits are free meaning the company covers the premium costs. Las Vegas traffic can be a hassle getting to work everyday.
Pros
Free meals in the employee cafeteria's
Cons
Las Vegas traffic
A Great Experience
Beverage Director (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 22, 2018
While sometimes stressful, definitely a great place to work. Great sense of family and community. The benefits are outstanding. Career advancement is there for the taking so long as you put in the work.
HR blows
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PADecember 6, 2017
I found the management generally ignorant. The operation is so large and unwieldy that the book is the book. "Here is the book and it says this, see ya."
Pros
Good free food for employees. The other dealers were in general friendly.
Cons
VERY cliquey
Overall great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2017
Mostly good things to say. Can only speak for my position, but advancement opportunities are limited. Like most other places, co-workers and management are a mixed bag. Seems like the company overall looks out for the hourly workers more than they do middle management. My experience in my department is good, in my opinion very talented co-workers, both line and management. Very high expectations, but still hard to get rid of entrenched employees with sub-par ability/work ethic/attitude.
Pros
Pay, benefits, experience, talent, fast paced, rewarding
Poor Governance
Executive (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 9, 2017
I am speaking from my personal experience and others who worked in my role. I was fired without a stated reason. I received no feedback prior to losing my job. My five year pin was practically tossed to me. No loyalty to their employees. No respect for those who are looking out for the company. Most of the bad actors are gone. Maybe things are different now, but I doubt it.
Pros
Over paid
Cons
No place to build a career. Could be fired and you won't even know why.
High energy, diverse work environment
Player Development/Tournament Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 20, 2017
My typical day at work involves managing tournaments ranging from 40 to 4,000 entries and a staff of as many as 6 Tournament Coordinators and 100 dealers. I'm also required to help develop new tournament ideas as well as control labor costs. I am involved in targeting higher revenue generating events and tracking our guests play in cash games before and after tournaments. I am also involved in the discipline process as well as training and hiring of new employees. My typical day also includes constant review and creation of upcoming Deepsatck Extravaganza schedule of events and structure sheets.
Pros
Free Health Insurance, Paid Vacation Time, 401K Match
Cons
Non Traditional Work Schedule, Days Off, and Holidays
Solid company
MBA Strategic Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYSeptember 7, 2017
Fun company to work with, however I was not employed by the company. This was an academic project that involved market research based on the companies sustainability program.
productive. get to learn new thing everyday
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 31, 2017
Typical day at work usually starts with any issues regarding checkpoint firewalls or any switch related issues mostly.Work environment is usually corporate style focusing on the issues with utmost care to ensure that the company management rules are met and satisfied by making sure the clients are given high priority regarding any issue related to their networking outrages.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
little stressful managing work and personal life
Subpar Working Environment and Poor Leadership
Prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2017
The management staff does not build their employees up for success and instead enables an unprofessional working environment in which staff and managers continuously talks negatively about each other. Feedback from long term employees who are negative and stuck in their ways is what is valued most because "they can't change how they act". Many of the managers are immature and would not be managers in otner companys. Las Vegas Sands prides itself in claiming to be the best resort to work at but it is far from that. Extrememly unprofessional working environment.
Pros
Free cafeteria food for employees, beautiful resort, some good employees
Cons
Unprofessional management, lack of structure, negative culture
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 2, 2017
Was a contract position, which I was never able to complete. I would say the company as a whole is a great place to work. As like most places there are a few bad apples.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Contract cancelled before project completion
Management and HR are horrible at their jobs, unprofessional staff
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 18, 2017
Terrible company to work for that does not value their employees. Incompetent managers that treat most staff horribly. Some of the security staff (who think they're police officers) are unprofessional and rude, and managers/ supervisors do nothing about it. There is plenty of favoritism within the department. Seemed to be no room for advancement.

I completely understand why there is such a high turnover rate for this department. Human Resources that I've dealt with are absolutely incompetent as well. Hopefully MGM straightens these problems out.
Pros
free subpar lunch
Cons
incompetent managers and HR, horrible workplace culture, standing in one spot for hours
Horrible managent (13th grade)
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 7, 2017
Too much drama. Low pay and all tips had to be split with 4 others. Inconsistant schedule /shifts. Some management would humilate staff in front of customers. Managent loved to show power of authority.
Pros
Meet new people and decent benefits
Cons
No real breaks (had to be taken before starting shift), tips had to be split 4 Ways
productive and fun place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2016
Working here has been a real good experience for me,its a good place with great benefits ,managers treat people with ethics and respect,coworkers make the place a good teamwork
Pros
free lunches that work 24 hours
horrible place. to work
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 19, 2016
I worked here i only lasted two months.the managers have no respect for you .and over work you.this place lives for drama
Harassment and Nepotism
Sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 14, 2016
I worked for LVSC for several years. The pros were the great health benefits, and there is generally commitment from many of management and teammembers to provide excellent customer service.

Cons are that there is a serious issue with WORKPLACE HARASSMENT. Look at the term "gaslighting" in relation to workplace. Management is often schizophrenic and nepotism is an issue. ( A Senior Vice President of the company had his 30 year junior 'girlfriend' promoted into a position she had no experience with.) Poor performers are not let go or retrained if they are friends with management. Conversely, great performers, top producers, hard working customer service oriented employees are often harassed just because they are outperforming others, "rocking the boat", or management wants to flex their muscles and doesn't want to hear any criticism or ideas on how to improve or even control their employees who are "out of control". By "out of control" I refer to management turning a blind eye to poor work, sexist and racist comments, and harassment of several types including- gaslighting. It all creates a very unprofessional environment.

In general management likes to promote a culture of FEAR and INTIMIDATION. That is the bottom line.
Pros
health benefits are great
Cons
culture of fear
Sands Bethlehem Security Officers
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 4, 2016
There is absolutely no room for advancement in the Security department. Most of the Supervisors have no experience in criminal justice/ Law enforcement/ Military. The favoritism is the worst ive ever seen.
Pros
free food, great benefits
Cons
terrible leadership, no room for advancement
Focused workplace
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2016
Growing company and leader in the market.

Management turnover has been an issue in the past; seems to be improving.

Most difficult part of the job is understanding which process to follow. Seems to be a moving target.

Typical day is meeting-heavy; very high-touch workplace.
Pros
Health benefits are the best on the Strip; free lunch
Cons
Parking
Bethlehem Security department treats Officers poorly.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 18, 2016
Management goes out of their way to make the workplace miserable for the Security Officers. Knew an officer who had a heart attack on the casino floor, was taken out on a stretcher, and when he came back to work he received disciplinary action. Just one of many such stories.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Treated horribly by management.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 3, 2016
Sands is a great place to work. Employer pays all medical, Dental And Vision.
Annual cost of living raise.
Free meals and lots of other benifits.
Pros
Employer paid medical great pay
Cons
Vegas
Proud to be a Team Member for an Excellent 5-Diamond Resort
IT Project Management Office Analyst (Current Employee) –  Information Technology DepartmentJanuary 21, 2016
My typical day at work involves leading projects, and continuing to develop my skills as a project manager by working with project teams to deliver initiatives requested by our business unit. My skill set continues to grow as I have learned to work with various management organizations outside of the department. I have continuously improved my soft skills and continue to apply globally-recognized project management methodologies to my work. I sincerely enjoy working with a fantastic, friendly and smart project management team who all contribute to the success of Las Vegas Sands. The most challenging portions of my job involve detached leadership,poor communication, keeping up with a fast-paced environment and having to adapt to constant change by senior management while still managing projects to customer satisfaction.
Pros
Free food for team members, pretty good benefits, pretty casino interior where the guests pass through.
Cons
Lack of communication from organization leader, inconsistency with requests, office space is very cramped, loud work environment