Las Vegas Valley Water District Employee Reviews

local government utility -- lot's of politics
Control Systems Engineer & Programmer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 24, 2016
This was a local government / utility company type of job. The people and co-workers were nice enough. The management was average and the benefits were average. I learned a lot on this job because I was working with some knowledgeable contractors.
Good as far as Govt Employers go
Customer Services Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 25, 2016
Competitive in many ways with private industry - still has some remnants of bureaucracy and political bias driving decisions but not at all what it used to be.
Excellent
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 8, 2015
The Las Vegas Valley Water District is such a huge company with dedicated employees. Everyone at the company are friendly toward one another the company takes care of their employees.
longevity is good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 23, 2015
Great pay and benefits. Met a lot of awesome co-workers that I have continued to remain close with even after my departure. My only reason for leaving the company was that I was ready for new endeavors and the opportunities for advancement became stagnant as the company has been downsizing in many departments.
Las Vegas Valley Water District
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 24, 2014
Obtained master specifications; AutoCAD standards, NEC standards record information from other utilities to research utility line locations; researching files, drawings, survey maps and parcel information, gathered measurements and other necessary data to verify and review compliance with District specifications and standards and provide consistency with previous designs.
Productive and energetic environment
Office Assistant/ Propagations Lead (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 10, 2014
Great experience, learned a lot of organization skills. I loved working with the volunteers as they made my job more enjoyable to meet different types of people.
Fun job! Lots of variety!
Clerical Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 2, 2013
I learned how to perform lots of different clerical tasks in an office setting. I took inventory. I worked on spreadsheets. I scanned a lot of mylars. I learned a lot about all sorts of things.
Likes / dislikes
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 21, 2012
The language barriers. Being in las vegas there was a large spectrum of people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Las Vegas Valley Water District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4