Las Virgenes Unified School District Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Teacher
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJuly 12, 2015
The people in LVUSD are hard working, dedicated employees who are there to serve children and their families. Employees are generally upbeat and positive in my interactions with them so far.
Excellent School System, fun place to work
Substitute Elementary School Teacher (Former Employee) –  All Las Virgenes Elementary SchoolsApril 28, 2015
This was one of my most favorite places to work because every day was different and I love to teach children who love to learn. I made sure learning was fun and interactive.
Pros
Highly rewarding; small class size
Cons
Not high enough salary
Good school district, but better communication needed between regular teacher and substitute teacher.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAJuly 21, 2013
Often, when in the lunchroom, the regular staff ignored the substitute teachers. They were not very friendly.

Most assignments were good. Teachers left good detailed lesson plans and were well-organized.

During the last year, often I was called at 7:00 AM for an assignment that began at 8 AM.

Although I left notes about what was accomplished and how the students behaved, often there was no communication from the regular teacher after an assignment if they were unhappy.

Also, substitute teachers were expected to complete a form about how each assignment was. There did not seem to be anything for the regular teacher. If there was, there was no way for the substitute teacher to access it.
Pros
great district: good schools, high expectations.
Cons
see comments regarding communication in 'your review.'
My time in the Las Virgenes USD (LVUSD) has been exciting and rewarding.
On-Call Sub Campus Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CAJune 29, 2013
After relocating to Agoura Hills from Riverside Count, Temecula CA for a baseball related coaching job. The Agoura High School Admin via the LVUSD accommodated my baseball schedule by establishing hours that were compatible with baseball/PE 6th period while still allowing me to work addition hours on campus as a Campus Supervisor
Pros
agoura high school admin and lvusd made me feel welcomed
Cons
my schedule would often change without notice
substitute teaching
Substitute Teacher/Home teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Virgenes USDJuly 23, 2012
high quality public ed., excellent schools, teachers, well-behaved students for the most part, good support, variety, spontaneity
Pros
excellent staff
Cons
lax support

4.8