Laser Quest Employee Reviews

Good company
Jr. Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Home OfficeNovember 5, 2017
Good company. Need better training. Work culture is good. The building is nice. Great bunch of people to work with. If you want to advance in this company work hard.
Cool place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 1, 2017
Fun to work at. They hire really old people who pretend who know what they're doing to advance, ruins the culture that they are trying to create. The GM at Charlotte, NC Laser Quest got in my face and investigated my personal space to determine if I had smoked pot, when the company doesn't even drug test.
Fun as a client not as an employee
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILOctober 23, 2017
Start off as a "Marshall" or overseer of laser tag games for parties and walk-ins. Combines the responsibilities of a Lifeguard-like role during the games with a janitor as you are needed to clean party rooms after the guests were done. Never staffed with enough people. Rooms were just slightly too big for one person to clean for the next group to start on time. Party Parents expected Marshals to be babysitters and management did a poor job sticking up for the employees, because "The Customer is Always Right!"

Poor training and lack of growth.
Pros
discount games when visiting as a client
Cons
poor managment, lack of personnel, more interested in getting parents money vs. employee issues
Great First Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTAugust 31, 2017
This is a great first job! Mainly an highscool kids that work here unless you are a big kid and take on a management role.

The job is a blast, the staff was a big family and everyone was working towards a common goal. Favorite position was the birthday coordinator which dealt with parties and crazed party moms. You are never counting down time until you get to go home. It was fun and you learn so much on work ethic.

A job is not a job if you love what you do!

Only negative part was that if you wanted a leadership role you may have to move. For some that is fine but for others its not an option.
Pros
fast paced, fun, management good
Cons
No advancement
Don't do it!
Part of the team (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILAugust 28, 2017
If you are looking to work for the Arlington Heights location rethink it. It was so great when I started. Then the new managers came in a took it all away. People started dropping like Flys. The turn over rate is rediculous everyone wanted to leave. If you don't care about management and just want money go for it. But if u care about how u are treated in the work place don't do it. They might make it out to be fun but that will change. It's all about favorites. I hated going to work every day all because the managment.
Pros
Crew members
Cons
Management, pay, growth
Fun for an in between real jobs job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2017
Dealing with kids, annoying parents, public speaking, and uptight managers are the only downsides. If you can get passed all that then you'll be fine because employees are cool, there's a lot of downtime, and free gameplay.
Great Job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTAugust 9, 2017
The crew members are very nice and everyone works well together. The only down side is sometimes it can get a little stressful when it’s really busy it gets really loud in there. Other than that it’s great the hours are amazing and they pay well too.
Pros
Everything else
Cons
Little to no benefits
Cool Place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXAugust 7, 2017
Really don't have much to say about this job. It was awesome while it lasted. I had to move back home..................................................
Fun workplace with awesome co-workers
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 26, 2017
I enjoy working here with the wonderful co-workers and management team. When I started working here I was scared of public speaking and was shy. Working at Laser Quest Canton I broke out my shell and grew a bond with the people I work with and I grew confidence in my ability to do public speaking.
Excellent job
Assistent Manager (Former Employee) –  OklahomaJune 6, 2017
Great job, learned a lot. Must be good with customer service, great first time job. opportunities to advance. pay could be much better it is a minimum wage job.
Fun and rewarding job
CREW (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2017
I've worked at LQ for about a year and a half; this job has offered me many opportunities to learn and grow as a person as well as an employee. I am saddened that I have to look elsewhere but would recommend the job to any hardworking individual who is looking to have fun on the job.
Amazing company to work for!!!!!!
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 21, 2017
Started part time with no intention of starting a career, however the job culture and management is phenomenal!! Once I got promoted to salary, I truly realized that the world needs more companies like Laser Quest.
Was my first job really loved it.
Crew Member/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Roxbury, MAMarch 9, 2017
I really loved this job, and loved it even more when i became assistant manager. I loved how fast paced it was and how the crew were all like family. Th e only issue there was was the travel to was and how my outside was affected because f the hours i worked and how scheduling was made.
Fun filled and team oriented job!
Marshal (Current Employee) –  3335 W PeoriaJanuary 24, 2017
Working at Laser Quest is fun, yet rewarding job. Management is very team based and strive to create a positive and professional team. Management is always in consistent communication with everyone on crew and works to make sure the crew meet at least once a month to work on team building and setting goals.
Pros
Strict hiring, free food (specialty), monthly crew gatherings/meetings, goal oriented
Cons
Short breaks, benefits
fun and friendly enviroment
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 24, 2017
Provide energy and a high level of customer service to adults and children; explain rules of the game, record keeping, and troubleshoot any issues with equipment. Liaise with parents and party planners to set up party room, provide assistance during the event, and clean up. Perform open/closing procedures, keep facility clean, answer phones, and take reservations with accuracy.
Pros
great co-workers, food, friendly cutomers
Cons
lack of steady hours
Terrible place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  West Roxbury, MAJanuary 21, 2017
Crew members were underpaid, even when certified on multiple positions, and management had no outside life because of hours...........................
Fun part-time job for energetic people and those who enjoy customer service.
Guest Host (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJanuary 15, 2017
Laser Quest is a fun job that promotes an atmosphere of teamwork and joyfulness. The work is fast paced and perfect for those with a positive, energetic personality.
Pros
Great management, fun crew parties, very flexible hours, great for building customer service skills
Cons
Few benefits for part time workers, minimum wage, difficult to advance in company
Crew Member/Marshall/Trainer
Crew Member/Marshall/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILNovember 9, 2016
Trained new associates on how to manage the gaming experience for the customer. Assisted with training procedures for associates on how to plan parties. Delivered clear communication on training associates using several systems.
Not very Good
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLAugust 24, 2016
the pay is not good enough for the responsibilities that you have and the struggles you have to deal with. Just imagine having 30 kids around the age of 11 screaming as loud as possible in a small room and you have to teach them how to play laser tag. TERRIBLE place to work.
Pros
Plenty of vacation time, bonuses
Cons
No breaks, very hot
Laser Quest is an energetic and entertaining environment to work at.
CREW MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 11, 2016
A typical day at work would be walking in and clock in. While clocking in, you'll normally converse with the coworkers while checking the booking sheet to see how the day will go. Sometimes the sheet is full, sometimes it is empty. The booking sheet is made for us to basically estimate the level of business for that specific day. After that, we get ready for our shift. It is an amazing environment to be in and tons of fun. I enjoyed working there until the end.
Pros
Free game passes, networking, friendship
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laser Quest. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2