Laser Quest Employee Reviews in United States

A fast paced fun place to work
Crew Member, Party host and Cashier (Current Employee) –  7361 W Lake Mead Blvd suite 103March 9, 2016
Working at Laser Quest has taught me how to have fun on the job while maintaining responsibilities and exceeding standards for daily tasks. I enjoy working at Laser Quest primarily on the weekends when the center is packed with birthday parties. I am a party coordinator and on each shift I ensure that each individual birthday guest of honor is wowed and feels special. Overall my employment at Laser Quest has been a great experience and I look forward to advancing with this company.
Pros
free lunches, incentive, great staff
Cons
low hourly wages
Energetic and fun place to work
Weekly inventory management (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 19, 2016
Laser Quest is a great place to work. All the co-workers get along with each other and management is always understanding and caring. The hardest part would be he customers but what job doesn't have grumpy customers.
Productive and Entertaining
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAFebruary 18, 2016
I loved working at Laser Quest. Weekends would be crazy in the fall and winter, but I loved being able to help all the people. I mainly liked being able to put a smile on the kids faces.
Productive and fun work place
Staff (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 18, 2015
Fun work place and supportive management. Great working environment that provides the "WOW" factor to entertain the customers.
Pros
fun, entertaining environment
Cons
food clean up and some rowdy customers
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 12, 2015
This was a high school job that allowed me to work and go to school. Very fun and relaxing atmosphere. Enjoyed the job until the business shut down
Awesome place
Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 3, 2015
Great place to work. Extremely flexible with work and life. Management was great as well. No complaints. You also get incentive checks. Low hours at times.
Awesome work place and employees!!!
Marshal/Cashier (Current Employee) –  WasingtonSeptember 1, 2015
I love working for LQ !! its an awesome place to work. we are a family. we all get along great!! We work with kids all day and sometimes adults as well! I cant express how great it is.
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 21, 2015
Get to work and go to the office, go through the email. then go make sure the cash register is counted correctly. Turn on all video games and fog machine and change battery packs for the laser tag vests. run a practice game to verify all packs are working and fix the ones that are not. Prep any party rooms that are to be used. Then open for business. Kids and parents come in and play games and have fun. The best part is listening to the code names kids pick out, they pick some unusual names and it always amused me.
Pros
free video and laser tag games
Cons
low pay
Fun and enjoyable workplace with great people.
Crew (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 13, 2015
A typical day at Laser Quest consisted of setting up the maze and laser tag packs, checking in and ringing up customers, running games and keeping them on time, and making sure birthday parties were being run in an organized manner. The management was friendly and accommodating and always tried to work around your schedule. The staff was fun and friendly and my job never seemed like work. The hardest part of the job was making sure that all of the parties ran smoothly on popular party days (Fridays and Saturdays). The most enjoyable part was working with the amazing people and seeing the kids and parents truly enjoying their experience.
Pros
fun atmosphere, exciting work environment
Cons
low hours
Great job,
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 23, 2015
This job has taught me more than I could have imagined. Starting from the President and CEO all the way to the crew members, the people that work for this company are amazing. This company believes in life work balance from day one and will assist you in your career aspirations. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing all the happy customers coming out from the game leaving all the stress and worries behind. This job will challenge you in multiple levels of management from marketing, coaching, cost control, development of people, H.R. to name a few.
Pros
work life balance, training, travel, advancement, support
Cons
working with old equipment, no conventional advertising done

Want to know more about Laser Quest?

Ask a question
Fun and fast paced place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2014
A typical day at work involved cleaning, playing games, handling the cash register, and making reservations for customers. I learned how to input codes into a computer, fix center problems at little to no cost. My co-workers were fun and reliable. The hardest part of the job was closing the store in 30 minutes. The most enjoyable part of the job was finding out you made a party more exciting than expected.
Pros
play games all day, most customers aren't rude
Cons
most nights i had to close the entire by myself with a limited amount of time
Energetic Atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAAugust 20, 2014
Walking into the center is always a fun and enjoyable atmosphere. Making sure parents and kids have the best experience possible. From purchasing games, to selecting code names, handing out their scorecards, and booking their next event! Managing crew members is a blast, because everyone works together as a TEAM. Together Everyone Achieves More. Knowing I can trust them to do their job with minimum supervision, enables me to focus more on marketing, inventory, and closing work.
Great place to work!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 1, 2012
On a typical day I dealt with children, parents, teens, and senior citizens from all walks of life. I learned for to balance paperwork and how to deal with different life situations. Management is AWESOME, the best I could ever imagined; coworkers were enjoyable likewise. The hardest part of the job were the older kids when the became over excited;nothing to hard to handle. Another hard part was leaving. The most enjoyable part was the crew;everyone was like family!
Pros
people, free/discounted pizza, incentive bonuses
Heavy Marketing needed to build business.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 7, 2012
Great company who is all about family entertainment. They want all employees to be "ambassadors of fun", and stress having fun at your job to enhance the customer experience. Behind the scenes, they are looking for management to spend a lot of time building business through warm and cold calls. They stress sticking to their assigned marketing objectives. In my case, business was awesome, but they did not agree on the way I was building the business.
Pros
having fun = success.
Cons
must be strong in marketing skills to succeed.
Wonderful company - fun and fullfilling
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 28, 2012
Working for Laser Quest - Rockford, IL was a great experience. I learned a lot about customer service, sales and the game of laser tag. Management at Laser Quest was outstanding. They taught us about the business and were very well structured. My co-workers were like family and we worked together to make sure our guests had a fun experience every time. The hardest part of the job was staying up for the over nighters since I'm not a late night person. Overall, I loved working for Laser Quest and would recommend the company to anyone interested.
Fun, dynamic work environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 2, 2013
Laser Quest was a great place to learn management skills. I started as a crew member in December 2007 and was General Manager of the Memphis location in December 2011. The senior management at LQ recognizes ability and does everything in their power to foster growth from the ground up.

A typical day as a GM involves marketing calls, running some operations, training, and taking care of any facility issues.
Pros
excellent culture, work life balance
Cons
a very broad skill set is required to excell
Working at the LQ
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Norridge, ILOctober 13, 2013
I started working at LQ during my senior year of high school, two years later I'm still in the sam position I was in, except I'm making about 30 cents more an hour. I love working there, my coworkers are amazing and the customers aren't so bad. As far as management, its more of a touch and go sort of idea. I love the GM and the assistant managers. Customers can be real a-holes sometimes even when you're providing the best service you can. Very flexible hours and it works great with your schedule. The hardest part of the job is probably closing down the whole center at the end of the night. The most enjoyable part of the job is the bonus checks we receive quarterly.
Pros
co-workers, management, bonus checks, and free games!
Cons
closing, customers (sometimes)
Best Corporate Company to work for
Marketing/Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Midvale UtahJune 15, 2013
My typical day at Laser Quest would include verifying funds daily, Preparing weekly schedules. Weekly ancillary maintenance and tech maintenance. I have learned how to better manage a business and more important manage employees to better themselves. Being part of a management team that comes together to find solutions instead of throwing someone under the bus instead of taking responsibility for ones actions. My job was never hard and the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing you were part of something bigger. With our Home Office in Toronto I was always recognized for my anniversary and even birthdays.
Pros
great benefits, paid vacation, flexible hours, monthly bonus and retention bonus
Cons
night and weekend hours
Productive and fun workplace
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 2, 2015
A typical day at work included greeting and interacting with customers in a fun and inviting environment. Explaining the rules and regulations of the game while also monitoring the customers games.
Fun and energetic place to work that genuinely cares about the employees and customers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Potomac Mills, VAJanuary 18, 2015
Every day is new. With promotions and events always happening, there is never a dull moment. It is rewarding to help manage a crew that brings such joy to the customers.

4.2