Laser Shot Employee Reviews in United States

Great market products
Gov't & Military Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXDecember 23, 2014
This employer does not seek long term employees; extremely high turn-over rates.
Pros
exposure to larger organizations
Cons
extremely large employee turn-over rating
Not a good fit.....for anybody!
Former Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TxNovember 22, 2014
A typical day at work involves hiding from the wrath of the COO. Regardless of department, employees work around the clock trying to excel at their jobs all the while having the COO invade your work space and micro-manage your department day in and day out. His tactics are typically sheer manipulation and employees try to stay below the radar but can never stay above water.

I learned there are some executives out there that just view your employment as an expendable number. Unfortunately, at this company, your not going anywhere fast! I learned that greed and contempt for employees is the fastest way to loose the respect of your employees. We couldn't depend on the executives, we could only depend on each other and despite the austere conditions we pushed through the ups and downs.

Quite simply, there is no management. The direction of the company is disseminated down to department managers by the CEO and COO. Unfortunately, the department managers have very limited powers and the sole manager of the whole company is the COO.

The co-workers were some of the most kind-hearted and friendly professionals I have ever had the pleasure to work with. Most of them though are battered, bruised, and tired. With negligible pay, benefits, and verbal abuse, many of them are forced to show up to work just to get a pay check and handle their financial obligations. Many are getting updates on new job opportunities daily and waiting for the grace of God to get out of there.

The hardest part of the Job is communicating and working with a COO that is on a blind war path. He has good intentions,
  more... but he lacks compassion and he harbors a pompous attitude toward all employees under him. He berates employees on a daily basis, and will never admit to being wrong. He thrives on manipulating everybody, and threatens termination often.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with fellow co-workers. Because of the working conditions, employees develop a tight camaraderie. For many employees, daily work life is equivalent to working in the trenches while World War III is going on. The COO is firing shots at you all day and just when you think your position is fixing to get overrun, your co-worker steps in to get your back.
Pros
co-workers......thats about it.
Cons
fire breathing coo, embarrassing pay, substandard benefits, harsh working environment, etc. etc.
Cool place to work - great products, great people
Minion (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TXMarch 8, 2013
Everyone is proud of the awesome systems we provide to law enforcement and military. Not an easy place to work sometimes- but accomplishments and hard work are recognized and rewarded. Incompetence and laziness are exposed pretty quickly, so not a great place if you just want to slide by.
Pros
great co-workers, flex-hour program, good benefits, pride in the products.
Cons
semi-controlled chaos sometimes, lots of deadlines, cheap coffee
Stay away unless you really need a job.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXJuly 13, 2012
The management are a bunch of yes-men to the owners. One owner is good but you never see him. The other one is a harassment, equal opportunity claim waiting to happen and is not business savvy at all. He treats all employees like dirt. Work is at a high rate of speed with no fore sight to actual business plans. Severely underpaid and under appreciated employees are awesome to work with but not worth the head aches. Shoddy business practices could put you in a spot to be in serious trouble with the FBI or IRS should they ever catch wind of the practices performed here. Lack of imagination and routinely will react to competitors by revers engineering their products rather than developing their own.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
everything else about laser shot.
Agree with what the compnay stands for; Awesome co-workers
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TXMay 21, 2012
A typical day is purchasing and interacting with vendors and sales team. I have learned a lot from purchasing raw materials to build guns for our simulators. Management has certainly improved since I started working there but they are limited on how they are allowed to manage their departments. The hardest part of my job is dealing with (2) CEO's that are inconsistent with their abilities to run a company and keep good people. The turnover is pathetic. So many great workers leave after their 90 days because they are lied to about pay increases. The most enjoyable part of my job is the different products that I get to buy. I also love communicating with vendors that I have built great relationships with...
Pros
great boss and coworkers
Cons
being lied to by the owners about pay increases

2.8