Laser Spine Institute Employee Reviews

Was a wonderful company to work for until Nepotism completely destroyed the culture
Spine Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 8, 2017
Culture and trust has been destroyed
Many excellent employees have departed
Nepotism and incompetence has caused Financial and Moral decay
This company is unrecognizable compared to 3 yrs ago
Pros
beautiful environment
Cons
benefits taken away, nepotism rampant, good ol' boys network, managment is too young
Don't recommend
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 7, 2017
I used to work with this company until they decided they wanted to lay-off about 80 of their very hard working, loyal employees for no good reason..and now they want to hire again?? Hmmm.. I'd think twice about this place.
Very wonderful company
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 13, 2017
The most rewarding job, it was a great opportunity.
Learned alot and gained knowledge that I can apply to any future position.

Each day offered a new opportunity to be a great leader and a great advocate for my patients.
Overview
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 27, 2017
Fast paced work environment with end less opportunity. Must be able to change and adapt daily and still focus on the details. Very rewarding mission in helping people
great place
Accounts Receivable / Payment Poster (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 1, 2017
prep daily deposits for posting, learned different systems
I like to stay challenged,
management was good, but not strong enough to keep LSI strong
had too many layoffs, quitting,negative atmosphere,
Hardest part of job was nothing really, only when system gave issues,
easiest, was all of it, enjoyed my job
Pros
pay, benefits of free luches when applicable, cafeteria on site
Cons
breaks, negative people, no sense of security, no flex time
Poor leadership and unethical behavior
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 3, 2017
Once upon a time, this was a phenomenal place to work. There was honesty, integrity and loyalty. Unfortunately, they got greedy and spent the company into a hole that they will never be able to get out of, all the while giving themselves huge payouts and bonuses.
They have no respect for their employees and they cannot be trusted. The management team and their team leads are unskilled college-aged snowflakes that are not qualified to run a hotdog stand much less a surgery center.
Pros
There are no pros here
Cons
micromanged by college-aged kids who have no clue what they are talking about.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 20, 2017
I loved what Laser Spine did for people, I loved how they treated their employees in most departments. I learned that having patience and being kind at all times can go a very long way when dealing with different types of people at one time from different backgrounds. It was to far of a drive me at the time (I did not have reliable transportation). I enjoyed the fun atmosphere.
Management poor.
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 13, 2017
Poor job/work balance. Favoritism abounds. Management poor and inexperienced. Company states that they are very patient driven, but they are driven by the amount of surgeries they attain and monetary gains. Company having financial distress and at times goes against my ethical principles.
Horrible Management
Spine Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 7, 2016
This place is amazing with their culture and everything they do for their patients.
BUT...
management is horrific. They do not understand anything about work/life balance. You will literally be there the majority of your day. God forbid you get sick... they just fire you.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes, fun activities
Cons
Management, hours, stress, obscene deadlines
fun workplace
MRI Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2016
I very much enjoy my time with LSI. It was my first time working in the corporate world and learned a lot from them. They are very big on uniting employees and introducing everyone to the different departments. I currently work remote for them so my day isn't very stressful because I'm a hard worker. Management is always available to me and I have great communication with them.
Great Place to Work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33607December 1, 2016
Laser Spine Institute was a wonderful place to work at and it has enabled me to grow professionally in many ways. I would recommend this company to anyone who prefers to be challenged and engaged.
Prestigious Company
Data Abstractor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 30, 2016
I love working in the Healthcare Industry! The Human body is like a jigsaw puzzle and I enjoy placing Intricate pieces together little by little until it's made whole again.
Pros
Brand new building in Avion Park
Cons
Assignment ended abruptly.
Great place to work Bad executive admin
Provider/Physician Relations Liaison (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 28, 2016
Great Company to work. Bad upper level management. the work place was great as far as the team I worked with, very helpful staff and direct management was like working with your friends. bad treatment and bad judgement and mismanagemnt on the bahelf of the upper level executive management team, they allowed the company to disassemble and make cuts due to their lack of keeping the accounts dept on top of insurances and reimbursements from the surgeries which effected everyone below that.
Pros
great team
Cons
bad upper level management
Thought it was a more secure job
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 8, 2016
Lay off's like crazy! One of their "CHOICE Values" is commitment yet they don't practice commitment towards their team. A typical day was hectic. I felt like I was settling by working there. Co-workers were great in my department. My department would be a great opportunity for someone who still lives at home and able to make low income.
Pros
some type of income
Cons
not stable
A lot of changes
sales (Former Employee) –  floridaSeptember 4, 2016
Health insurance is good. Compensation is good. Lots of things being taken away. Slowly turning into every other numbers driven organization in America
Pros
Coworkers, Health insurance
Cons
Open office plan, call center micromanagement, poor leadership, cutting benefits, layoffs
Used to be an amazing place to call your second home
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 12, 2016
With the shift of a new CEO came a shift in the whole company. Lay offs started and and you got the same story everytime on why it was happening. It seemed like every week there was more than 1 person getting laid off. The moral of the company is very low as everyone is scared for their job security. What once was a really big family has become just the opposite. If you are not in personally with new CEO than you are out.
Pros
beautiful new building
Cons
they stopped 401k match, Ceo
Great Culture
Executive (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2016
Organization has worked very hard to build a strong culture with inclusionary decision making for patients and teammates.
Great Job
ATTORNEY RELATIONS (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 19, 2016
Great Company to work for, always takes care of employees.
Every days was enjoyable.
They take care of their patients.
They go above and beyond.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
to be discussed at another time
Rn diagnostics (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAJuly 19, 2016
I rather not for personal reasons. I would explain at a later time. This is something I would talk about with new employer.
Fun and Rewarding place to work
Director of Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2016
Great opportunity to work with a group of very talented people with diverse experience and backgrounds. A young organization, LSI has experienced tremendous growth over their 10 years of operations. The organization works hard to provide the best experience to their patients by being the best in class across all parts of the business model. Unique in direct to consumer approach, it allows potential patients the chance to explore the best approach to his or her individual treatment plan. Rewarding work, as long as you stay connected to the end result of helping people get their lives back, free of pain.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laser Spine Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval