Laser Spine Institute Employee Reviews in United States

It USED to be a fun place to work at.
One of a kind associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 19, 2016
My colleagues are great. We support each other. The issue is with management. The company has started to hire contractors left and right so most people I work with do not feel secure with their positions. There are no room for advancement and they do not promote from within, even though they advertise that they do.

The organization lacks processes. There are no service level agreements within the enterprise.

It is a growing company so everyone is busy but it seems like those on top do not have any idea how to manage a maturing company (at least in our department). Directors do not trust their subordinates. Subordinates are afraid to provide constructive criticisms due to fear of being retaliated.

Finally, it matters who you know. If you want to move up, you have to hang out with the right people.
Pros
Co-workers are genuinely nice.
Cons
No breaks, no room for advancement and they do not promote from within.
Terrible stressful place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOApril 5, 2016
The St. Louis Location is very cut throat. The employees are constantly walking on eggshells. Management is horrible. This is the type of company if they don't like you for any reason they will do every thing they can to get rid of you. This company isn't based off of work ethic it's based off of you likes who. I have never worked for a company everything is taken personal. This is such a once sided company (St.Louis) the first one to complain wins. They never get both sides of the story or offer a resolution.
Fun and Rewarding place to work
Director of Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2016
Great opportunity to work with a group of very talented people with diverse experience and backgrounds. A young organization, LSI has experienced tremendous growth over their 10 years of operations. The organization works hard to provide the best experience to their patients by being the best in class across all parts of the business model. Unique in direct to consumer approach, it allows potential patients the chance to explore the best approach to his or her individual treatment plan. Rewarding work, as long as you stay connected to the end result of helping people get their lives back, free of pain.
I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy
Leadership Team Member (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 7, 2016
Prior to the current CEO, there was much more loyalty and job security. That is not the case anymore. Laser Spine Institute is currently looking any making up any kind of excuse to terminate very loyal employees. They are firing employees that have made their company a top priority and have relocated and taken on any responsibilities that have ever been asked of them. It's extremely backstabbing and unsafe. DO NOT accept any position with this company.
Pros
They few remaining good people that are left.
Cons
No job security, lack of values and culture, no money at all...
Accounts Receivable Specialist
Accounts Receivable Specialist/Collections (Former Employee) –  3031 N Rocky Point Dr W, Tampa, FL 33607May 13, 2016
Monitor overdue accounts, receive payments and post amounts paid to customer accounts.

Make daily collection calls
Conduct account research and analysis
Prepare and maintain various reports
Maintain an accurate aging report
Identify and execute the necessary process adjustments
Send statement to outstanding customers
Reconcile A/R to the G/L
Interact with customers to resolve outstanding issues
Pros
Helping families recover their money from insurance companies.
Cons
Attorney negotiation tactics
Unethical place to work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 4, 2016
This used to be a good place to work. My coworkers are awesome, but managers need some training.
Most of the managers are very young with no management experience. Too many managers and they will each tell you to do something different. The place is totally chaotic with no work life balance.
The money is good , but it is a true cut throat sales environment. Favoritism abounds.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
unethical
Medical Claims and Billing
Billing and Appeal Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 4, 2016
Large Case Loads. Calling and Applying Applications to resolve billing OON issues to receive payments. Apply payments, W/O adjustments and applying payments. Collections: Contacting patients to receive payments mailed to them that belongs to the company. Sending patients to collections.
Pros
It helps
Cons
Need better work flow
Friendly Staff
Ambulatory Surgery Center- Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHJuly 4, 2016
My time at this company has been a really great learning experience. I love the friendly staff and how everyone gets along. The biggest Con is some days you don't know when you are going to leave. Other then that it is a good company to learn and grown in.
Pros
No Weekends, Free lunch, Company Outings
Cons
Work hours vary some days
Horrible
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 29, 2016
I've worked In the Tampa location and sadly to say this company is Horrible with a Cap "H" the Dir of pharmacy is hard to work with one of the most nasty attitude ever. If you was not a size 2 there was no room for growth. He was racist no doubt, and even sad who could you complain too when his wife is the CFO.. go figure!
A fun place to work
Appeals Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 23, 2015
I recommend Laser spine institute for a place of employment. A happy fun atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of the job is the field trips to fun and exciting places while being on the clock. Laser spine rewards you for all of your hard work. Good pay and benefits.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, flexible schedule
Cons
short breaks
Very fun and collaborative environment
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 29, 2016
Self-paced and mostly autonomy of daily work requirements. Cooperative and collaborative staff in various departments. Learned many health care services related to spine care and minimally invasive surgery for treatment of spinal stenosis.
Pros
Bonuses from performance
Cons
Required hours to meet quotas
Good workplace
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PAJune 9, 2016
I love working here despite a few employees. The best part of the job are the doc and a few co workers that make it a fun and enjoyable work place. Management can be difficult at times.
Pros
incentives
Cons
healthcare benefits
Great co-workers
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 11, 2016
Generally speaking, everyone that works at this company is great. Very much a family atmosphere.
There are many ways to move up and around the company, you just have to make the right relationships. Finding the right department can be hard for someone who needs to try multiple to find something that fits and that doesn't look so good on your resume if you are moving around all the time.
Cons
Some managers lack tact
Great Job
ATTORNEY RELATIONS (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 19, 2016
Great Company to work for, always takes care of employees.
Every days was enjoyable.
They take care of their patients.
They go above and beyond.
Pros
Free Lunches
Change without direction
Other Staff (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 8, 2016
Stressful work environment. Everyone works in a 30" cube with white noise machines hindering any working collaboration.
Pros
Co-workers
Working at Laser Spine Institute
Director of Marketing Communications (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 9, 2014
I've been at LSI now for almost four years, and in three different positions within the organization. It is a company that rewards hard work, and shows its appreciation to employees regularly - through quarterly awards, annual holiday bonuses, monthly lunches, continually improving benefit packages and endless other programs. I would say the same about my co-workers, everyone works together as a team toward the end goal of helping patients and in the end we all learn and grow together to develop our skills and ultimately careers. LSI is not for the faint of heart, and it will challenge you, but I can't imagine working for a better organization here in Tampa.
Pros
benefits, culture, industry
Cons
no areas close by for lunch
to be discussed at another time
Rn diagnostics (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAJuly 19, 2016
I rather not for personal reasons. I would explain at a later time. This is something I would talk about with new employer.
Great Culture
Executive (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2016
Organization has worked very hard to build a strong culture with inclusionary decision making for patients and teammates.
Love my job
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 27, 2014
Best decision I ever made coming to LSI. I left a company I was with for 7 years, so it was a scary change that worked out for the best. I have almost doubled my salary since I started in July 2012. I am not related to or friends with any management/executives, so LSI really does look at individuals and promotes based on skills and accomplishments - not length of employment or "who you know". They offer many benefits to team members, cell phone, gym, theme park, and health food discounts; tuition reimbursement, good 401K and health insurance. They really do put the patient first, I have seen first hand the choices executives have made when working with directly with patients. They hire (& fire) based on core values of individuals. Integrity being the most important value a potential employee can bring to the table.

We work very hard, long hours, but we have fun while we are at work. Management has reasonable expectations of hours, and promotes a work life balance. You have to be willing to work hard. It amazes me everyday how many talented individuals I work with.
benefits
Cons
from from home
Lsi
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 8, 2015
LSI is a young and energetic company that is highly motivated to produce successful outcomes for their patients. Compensation for their employees is lacking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laser Spine Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

Laser Spine Institute Reviews by Location