Laser Spine Institute Employee Reviews

Learning experince
NextGen Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 14, 2017
Great environment to work in. Friendly people. Good experience. Learned a new way to work with my experience. I was able to show my experience to the staff.
Very stressful place to work esp if your not in the click
Physician Extender (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHAugust 21, 2017
Management and leadership very "clicky". Managment promotes and disciplines staff based upon personal feelings toward that staff member instead of actual merit and/or investigation. Over promises but under delivers just to get staff hired.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Unprofessional & petty management
great business
Consultation and Scheduling Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 18, 2017
This was an excellent opportunity. Unfortunately there were some bad decisions made at the company which effected the employee benefits. I was laid off as a result.
Pros
great culture
Cons
bad ownership
I really do love my job...
Facility Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 5, 2017
I have truly enjoyed my job at LSI, yes somedays are stressful, but find me a job that does not have stress, or change. Laser Spine has helped me grow, I have learned so much. The team that I work with is the best.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Find me a job without any cons
Productive and fun place to work, i truly enjoyed my tenure at Laser Spine Institute
Van Driver/ Hospitality Agent (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAAugust 1, 2017
i used to drive patients to pick-up prescriptions, take them to various medical facilities, anywhere from Chadds Ford, Pottstown to Philadelphia, PA - i learned how to use different computer programs and the importance of "on-stage" behavior in a professional office workplace - the culture was amazing, very respectful - the hardest part for me was when i had to sit behind a desk, i loved driving and interacting with the patients.
Pros
company outings, free lunches and gift cards
Cons
only when i wasn't driving
Many Changes
Revenue Management Liaison (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2017
The company has had many changes throughout the last few years, although the changes are not always bad it is quite different than the culture the company portrays. I love majority of the people I work with, I just wish people still loved their roles and had confidence in their future to get back to an enjoyable work atmosphere.
Pros
Cafe at work, location
Cons
Always cold
Broken Promises
Interim Lead Diagnostic Technologist/ASC (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHJuly 3, 2017
LSI will promise you the world when they first hire you but over time most if not all of those promises will be broken. Benefits will be taken away and the pay will fall behind other competitors. It is an easy job but not worth dealing with the lack of leadership or direction.
Pros
great hours
Cons
horrible benefits, no leadership
This company is going through a dramatic evolution.
Director of Organizational Development (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 12, 2017
Laser Spine Institute continues to change and evolve. There is a lot of opportunity, and also a lot of growing pains. Overall, committed to improvement.
Pros
Experienced Leadership
CSR Coach (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 5, 2017
Laser Spine Institute use to be a great company to work for. They have gone through many changes which most have directly affected the employees negatively.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Was a wonderful company to work for until Nepotism completely destroyed the culture
Spine Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 8, 2017
Culture and trust has been destroyed
Many excellent employees have departed
Nepotism and incompetence has caused Financial and Moral decay
This company is unrecognizable compared to 3 yrs ago
Pros
beautiful environment
Cons
benefits taken away, nepotism rampant, good ol' boys network, managment is too young
Don't recommend
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 7, 2017
I used to work with this company until they decided they wanted to lay-off about 80 of their very hard working, loyal employees for no good reason..and now they want to hire again?? Hmmm.. I'd think twice about this place.
Overview
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 27, 2017
Fast paced work environment with end less opportunity. Must be able to change and adapt daily and still focus on the details. Very rewarding mission in helping people
great place
Accounts Receivable / Payment Poster (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 1, 2017
prep daily deposits for posting, learned different systems
I like to stay challenged,
management was good, but not strong enough to keep LSI strong
had too many layoffs, quitting,negative atmosphere,
Hardest part of job was nothing really, only when system gave issues,
easiest, was all of it, enjoyed my job
Pros
pay, benefits of free luches when applicable, cafeteria on site
Cons
breaks, negative people, no sense of security, no flex time
Poor leadership and unethical behavior
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 3, 2017
Once upon a time, this was a phenomenal place to work. There was honesty, integrity and loyalty. Unfortunately, they got greedy and spent the company into a hole that they will never be able to get out of, all the while giving themselves huge payouts and bonuses.
They have no respect for their employees and they cannot be trusted. The management team and their team leads are unskilled college-aged snowflakes that are not qualified to run a hotdog stand much less a surgery center.
Pros
There are no pros here
Cons
micromanged by college-aged kids who have no clue what they are talking about.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 20, 2017
I loved what Laser Spine did for people, I loved how they treated their employees in most departments. I learned that having patience and being kind at all times can go a very long way when dealing with different types of people at one time from different backgrounds. It was to far of a drive me at the time (I did not have reliable transportation). I enjoyed the fun atmosphere.
Management poor.
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 13, 2017
Poor job/work balance. Favoritism abounds. Management poor and inexperienced. Company states that they are very patient driven, but they are driven by the amount of surgeries they attain and monetary gains. Company having financial distress and at times goes against my ethical principles.
Horrible Management
Spine Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 7, 2016
This place is amazing with their culture and everything they do for their patients.
BUT...
management is horrific. They do not understand anything about work/life balance. You will literally be there the majority of your day. God forbid you get sick... they just fire you.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes, fun activities
Cons
Management, hours, stress, obscene deadlines
fun workplace
MRI Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2016
I very much enjoy my time with LSI. It was my first time working in the corporate world and learned a lot from them. They are very big on uniting employees and introducing everyone to the different departments. I currently work remote for them so my day isn't very stressful because I'm a hard worker. Management is always available to me and I have great communication with them.
Great Place to Work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33607December 1, 2016
Laser Spine Institute was a wonderful place to work at and it has enabled me to grow professionally in many ways. I would recommend this company to anyone who prefers to be challenged and engaged.
Prestigious Company
Data Abstractor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 30, 2016
I love working in the Healthcare Industry! The Human body is like a jigsaw puzzle and I enjoy placing Intricate pieces together little by little until it's made whole again.
Pros
Brand new building in Avion Park
Cons
Assignment ended abruptly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laser Spine Institute. Our community is ready to answer.