About Lasership Lasership is a 25 year old, privately held and fast growing last mile shipper. Lasership has 19 regional offices throughout the east coast serving millions of customers per month. Currently, the information technology organization is transforming the software platforms to support the increase in transaction volume and growth.
Position Summary: The Senior Software Developer/Designer/Integrator will be responsible for integrating, designing and coding enterprise class software solutions.
This role is a multi-hat role and will appeal to people who like to work in a variety of technologies on a wide range of projects. We have a blend of open source and .Net frameworks currently in place and are moving forward with both platforms depending on the project. The company is mid-sized but has multi-million transactions per month making the technical challenges complex. The organization is fast paced and casual. The team is innovative and nimble leveraging a hybrid agile methodology.
- Designs, implements, tests and supports software for custom and package systems. Updates and develops software and provides customer support. Specialized software being developed includes geocoding, routing and distribution; dispatch management; CRM, mobile solutions, social networking and web sites.
- Assists in the evaluation of various industry solutions and technical platforms.
- Provides technical and project leadership.
- Completes technical activities and technical artifacts throughout the project, utilizing appropriate tools. Effectively communicates status and issues to the Applications Director and Chief Information Officer.
- Assists with the planning, requirement analysis, and testing of all system patches and upgrades.
- Supports production issues and activities, as necessary, by researching, analyzing issues, and identifying and/or delivering solutions.
- Experience translating business requirements into systems design, integration and delivery.
- Strong and evolving competence in several development technologies, and implementation environments; Ability to apply the right technology tool to solve the right problem
- Minimum 3 to 5 years developing solutions for high volume transaction enterprise class systems in commercial settings
- Experience SOA, web services, WCF, XML, SOAP/REST
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of systems analysis and design (including OOAD and UML) as well as database design
- Experience implementing software development lifecycle (Agile) and modern software engineering principles and practices
- Ability to work within a team of varying skilled developers
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments simultaneously and effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills
- Customer service orientation
Indeed - 2 years ago