This position involves overseeing all delivery personnel related activities with a focus on compliance issues. The Compliance Manager position is essential to reducing the company's business liability, losses and legal exposure in general.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate his/her ability to quickly assimilate client expectations as well as established company policies and culture.
- Oversee, enhance and enforce delivery personnel compliance in areas of driver security clothing (uniform), identification, delivery vehicle appearance and other customer specific expectations.
- Closely monitor the driver Drug and Alcohol testing processes including account specific requirements and DOT pre-employment and random testing.
- Administer and oversee driver contracts, files and approval process to include motor vehicle checks and criminal background investigations.
- Educate driver fleet and branch employees on DOT related compliance issues (Medical Certificates, hours of service, and various updates to transportation law.
Our company has enlisted the services of a transportation consulting firm to assist in the areas of FMCSA and DOT compliance.
- Oversee driver recruitment advertising and ensure a constant flow of qualified applicant to the terminals. This will involve familiarizing oneself with online employment services and tailoring a comprehensive recruitment strategy.
- General understanding on the Independent Contractor labor model and how it differs from the employee model.
- Investigate and resolve all driver related disputes to include commission discrepancies, customer complaints, delivery mishaps etc...
- Maintain and enhance the department's relationship with all vendors and perform monthly billing audits to ensure accuracy.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while making sound decisions.
- Minimum required education level: Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
-This position requires undergoing and passing a criminal background check. Lasership is an equal opportunity employer.