Lasership Employee Reviews in United States

BS- Unprofessional in every way
Walker (Former Employee) –  237 West 29th StreetJuly 17, 2016
Lasership is by far the worst messenger company I ever joined. In my 36 years of existence on this planet I never went through the garbage these people put me through. The only thing good are weekends and holidays off and paid biweekly. Cons are low pay, unorganized dispatchers, unprofessional management in the sense where they would fire anyone without a thorough investigation of the 5 W's and a description of a person but rather go by courier/messenger number. They are quick to fire you for such stupidity. Biggest excuse was that I didn't get paid on the actual pay day and they expected me to work for free on top of that saying a HR person left the company for better things and deleted my file such utter BS. Also if you know there is a holiday coming the next day you should do payroll like on a Tuesday and send it out on a Thursday instead of waiting last minute.
Pros
Weekends/Holidays off
Cons
Don't recognize Lunch and much more
Great guys as colleagues.
Independent contractor DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 6, 2016
My typical day at work is always fast and hectic but that's part of what i signed up for.Being one to work under self motivation i easily manage my work,myself and helpers/employees well since i have a background in management. The most enjoyable part of my job is surprisingly not my check but rather a smile of content from my customers.
Overnight experience, takes constant focus, but good work
Night Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 17, 2016
As a night manager, a typical night consists of sorting paychex in the computer along with physical pieces, so they are ready for delivery within 12 hours of arrival. The downside is you must wait for two payloads to be dropped off, paychex from New Jersey come in 3 hours apart, along with other courier companies. All together, +1000 paychex must be sorted into 20+ different routes (zip code, travel distance). Management is not reliable, since you are in charge over night and don't see any corperate managers until 6am. Coworkers are always great and helpful. The hardest part of the job is dealing with setbacks due to other people. If the paychex company is slow in New Jersey, it effects the time the payroll is delivered and slows up the already time-important operation. Many things that are out of your control can account for a slowed process (internet down, someone calls out), but payroll must be ready for pick up from drivers/walkers at 5am. The best part of the job is how the work load fluctuates with payday of other companies. (ex. Wednesday will be the heavy day since payday is normal Thursday for companies, and Friday will be a very light night since few people get paid on Monday).
Pros
Water Machine, Computer Access, Down Time
Cons
Bad Management, Too many factors depend on others.
Slave labor
Freight Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAJune 9, 2016
I worked at lasership Taunton, The company as a whole either does not know what is going on or just doesn't care. The management abuses their employees, I was threatened to either mop the warehouse floor or they would cut my hours. They provide absolutely nothing, no water, gloves, shoes, safety gear of any type. If an employee gets hurt its on them. or quote " do what you have to do" that was the response I always got. No regard for employee safety, exhaust fans did not work. no ventilation. always dusty and dirty. The manager pushed a lot of her responsibilities on the dispatcher. Poor thing worked 14 to 16 hours a day (no OT) Salaried employee, while the manager left 6 to 8 hours, then said worked a double because she answered a few emails at home and constantly called the dispatcher to get updates on what was going on in case a higher up manager called her. Cut rates on the drivers and switched their routes so they would have the lower rate. Manager was horrible. people left constantly just a revolving door. Supposed to do background checks, but they hired felons, drunks. The pay was terrible for the amount of work. Worked holidays with no holiday pay and they expected you to be there no matter what the weather was. They could care less about road conditions. Bad place to work. I would pass this job over.....
Pros
Cons
Bad management. Safety violations, Poor working conditions
mailroom
Customer Service/Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30326June 2, 2016
I worked in the mail-room as a runner i meet and greet people in a and deliver there packages in a timely manner.I get there signature time and date and i go to my office to dispatched the package to the driver.the most enjoyable part was meeting people.
Fast working pace
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 2, 2016
It is a nice place to work with friendly people.Not to much go on in warehouse u have to wait to get a route to load.Sometimes u have no work.
Pros
YOU PROVIDE YOUR OWN LUNCH
Cons
NO HEALTH CARE
Worst place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 25, 2016
This was a horrible place to work, From the mangers to the staff but it was a job. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work there. Although I had made our laser day for great employee. It was hard being a great worker with most slacking.
Pros
Seeing the process of shipments
Cons
healthcare, low pay, rude managers.
Excellent Company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 17, 2016
Very rewarding and fast paced atmosphere. You have the freedom to think freely with out the mico-managing. It has a family atmosphere where everyone works together.
Don't waste your time
Freight Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTMay 17, 2016
I've worked here for over a year now and the only thing that motivates me is the fact that I'll have a different job soon. There's no room for advancement in this job, no raises, no benefits. You're expected to work from 6-9 hours with only one short break. The facility is disgusting, there's a layer of dust on everything, safety hazards all around. The only thing management cares about is getting the work done, not the health and safety of their employees. Half of the people don't do any work and the other half call out at least once or twice a week because they're sick of having to do twice the amount of work to compensate for the others' laziness. It's definitely not a "team" effort. Not to mention the truck drivers are known to discard their bottles of urine in and around our facility for us to find at some point in the future.
Pros
They let us leave for our 15 minute break to grab food or something
Cons
Everything else
productive busy days at LaserShip
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 2, 2016
Fast pace working environment with a good managing team.
Working here has increased my multitasking abilities and computer typing skills.
my co-workers/drivers are very professional hard workers.
What I most enjoyed about work was being able to assist my customers whenever there was an issue.
Pros
working with drivers
Cons
assisting drivers on directions
Fun place to work
Payroll/Messenger Center Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2016
I* enjoyed working at Lasership. The work was steady and everyone felt like family. My only complaints were that they continuously gave me more responsibilities and no raise.
driver
Independent Contractor/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAFebruary 25, 2016
Good work atmosphere packaging delivering good structured organization. delivery through the tri-state region. management was respectful and good to employees and every task received through the day will be fulfilled
working at this company is a lot of travling rideing trian
Courier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2016
typical day at work is delivering packages all over manhattan bronx brooklyn queen getting to know the five borough.and train
Pros
t
A Great Start In Logistics
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CT, USADecember 17, 2015
The career that opened doors for me and helped show me the importance of versatility, dependability and confidence within the workplace.
Pros
5 Day Work Week
Cons
Occasional Work On Holidays
Horrible company with no means for workers.
Freight Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PANovember 16, 2015
The job didn't care about the ware house workers. We were treated like slaves in their. Responsible for too much work for our work day and had to do un paid over time almost everyday.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Everything.
Productive positive,stress free
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 4, 2015
Easy stress free environment great management great pay and hours supportive positive teamwork great company the most enjoyable part of the job would be we were more like family then anything else
Pros
free lunch
Ups and Downs
Driver / Courier (Former Employee) –  FLOctober 15, 2015
Work Loads Are different everyday
No benefits
Some days are extremely slow.
But you do have freedom and can enjoy your work
Managers are on call 24/7 if you need them

I have learned how to manage my time a lot better with routes an
developed better people/ customer service face to face skills.

Hardest part was trying to get almost 200 packages delivered before night.
Can not accurately review
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAOctober 14, 2015
I can not accurately state a review with all new management there.They have all new management and all new staff since I have been there.
Pros
central location in Boston for job tasks
Cons
Was poorly managed at the time
Unprofessional
Courier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2015
The place was ran very unprofessionally. No direction on what the objective was as a company, unorganized bosses and poor work environment. Paid very little in comparison to the amount of work.
great
General Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 6, 2015
The company is a fast pace and growing company. The labor can be hard but easy at times. The staff is well skilled and open for advise.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lasership. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9