Lasership

Lasership Employer Reviews

very productive and great enivornment to work in.
Lead Overnight Freight Coordinator (Former Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 11, 2014
co workers were great to work with. If management was better this wouldve been a great job for me
Average Courier Job
MEDICAL & PAYROLL COURIER (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 24, 2014
Pros: good, effective management from local dispatcher at beginning
Cons: loose management practices in second year; lack of respect for driver/couriers
In the beginning, the company used an Office Mgr/Dispatcher at the local Office, then removed the position. This proved to be a bad decision, with assignments then being made from a distance at company headquarters in another City. Driver/Couriers were not able to get straight answers to basic operational/daily questions from a distance. I made much – more... less into my second year of service with the company, for no explained reason. "Time in" and "length of service" went unrewarded when company dispatched assignments. Also company made adjustments in contracts with manufacturers, effectively reducing rates of pay to Driver/Couriers, with NO notice. – less
Hours are too long or too short.
Package Sorter (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAJune 24, 2014
Management is not very flexible with hours. People disobey management.
Fun place to work
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJune 22, 2014
Fun place to work. team players. good benefits.
good schedule.
small office
OnDemand Dispatch (Current Employee), Marietta, GAMay 29, 2014
company is located in a small office, everybody knows everybody
Bad company for employees and customers.
Independent Contractor, Logistics (Former Employee), East Rutherford, NJMay 23, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: routes are bad, little pay, bad management
The management team does a horrible job at dispatching routes. It was hard to get in contact with the office while out on the route. Its very hard for an independent contractor to make a decent pay check. Weekly a starting contractor makes about 400. Its a lot of work and the newbies get all the terrible routes. One route can contain 4 different cities – more... with very few deliveries. That resulted in wasting too much gas. Not a lucrative job, barely made money.

I was also a customer for Lasership, my packaged arrived at their facilities on a Wednesday. They said they "tried" to deliver it. According to them I wasn't home but I was. It wasn't a big deal except they didn't try to deliver it again until Tuesday next week. – less
messenger
Messenger (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 18, 2014
Delivered payrolls and packages to corporate organizations in Manhattan.
Checked off every address on manifest to make sure the address on the payrolls matched.
Maintained a positive attitude towards my customers.
me
Packages dispatcher (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAApril 6, 2014
I am bilingual. I both speak French and English fluently. Many of my qualifications and skills are oriented on customer service, on the computer fields, and on international affairs. I have also some skills related on computer software such as Access, excel and some programming languages such as Java and C++. Plus, a good experience on inter-personal – more... relationship, while working with students as Assistant Professor in the department international affairs. For all of these, I will make a good performance for my employer. – less
never ever again.
Communications Dispatcher (Current Employee), Marietta, GAMarch 11, 2014
Racist for starters no growth too much favortism from other departments, no raises, lack of leadership, management does not care or listen to there employees, nurses are under trained and rude. to much of a click enviroment. you get written up for everything and the too many bullies from management.
Not a great Company to work in.
Lead Frieght Coordinator (Former Employee), Meriden, CTMarch 1, 2014
Cons: low pay, no one has answers, no benefits
Pay is low, Ive worked there for 1 year. Was promoted to a Lead but they keep giving me the run around to give me my full-time hours and benefits. Then they made mistakes on my w2 form, that was 3 months ago and they still have not fixed it. Management never has answer when you have questions. Overall BAD company to work for.
fast pace, fun
Pharmacy Contractor Courier (Current Employee), Baltimore MarylandJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: getting customers there payroll or medication on time
Cons: bad addresses, packages packed wrong, bad weather, safty
a pleasure to help people and to complete a job, building better communicating skills, management could be better, co-workers are great, getting bad information from manag ement, happy customers.
Fast Paced environment
Shipping and Receiving/Customer Service (Current Employee), Meriden, CTJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: teamwork
I enjoyed working where I was busy and managed to prepare packages for deliveries to where I felt great satisfaction at the end of my shift.
Very Productive !!
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: not organized, poor management, no loyalty to employees
This position and my duties changed all the time. I learned a lot about routing trucks and scanning in packages for my drivers. The position itself was good, however you were left holding the ball by yourself a lot. The most challenging part of this job was getting all the drivers on the road on time with all their packages.
Good Opportunity
Independent Contractor Running (Former Employee), Dulles, VADecember 28, 2013
Enjoyed.Did many Different types of Driving Contract Work
A Day at LaserShip
Lead Staples Dispatcher/Dispatcher (Current Employee), Chantilly, VADecember 24, 2013
A typical day is not so typical at Lasership. Every day is different, we normally ship anywhere between 10,000 - 15,000 packages a day. Once on the drivers are on the road the day starts, from customer calling with different problem and having to critically think fast can make your day very good or terrible. Drivers breakdown in all weather, so being – more... able to be direct with drivers to help the broken-down driver will definitely makes the day lighter. I have learned how to be patient working here, customer's demand answers that shouldn't be difficult to solve but sometimes they are. By diffusing the problem with the customer it buys time for the solution to evolve. My co-workers are great they all play a part in this massive organization. The hardest part of my job is locating packages that have no driver assigned to them. Rarely do we have a package that is not assigned to a driver but is on route. Tracking them down can be fairly hard but accomplishable because of my persistence. The most enjoyable part of my job is finally I can show my leadership because of the task I take upon and complete. – less
Good overall job
Freight Coordinator/ Forklift Opeartor (Former Employee), Riviera Beach, FLOctober 28, 2013
Pros: overnight job
Fun fast paced workplace. I enjoyed the family like atmosphere, working with others to complete a task. Some times the hardest part was unloading the freight, but the easiest part was loading trucks and stocking freight.
bad
Overnight stocker/Receiver (Former Employee), 825 MariettaOctober 25, 2013
Lasership was very unprofessional alot of work for low pay, the management was unprofessional they their favorite employees
Would not recommend
Courier (Former Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 3, 2013
Long hours with little pay. Worked 12+ hours my first day and my check was $56.00
The companies I have worked at have been very unorganizated.
Courier Driver (Current Employee), Marietta, GAOctober 3, 2013
Pros: the money
Cons: the unorganizeness
A typical day at work is long and painful. I learned nothing at laser ship . Management was okay. The co-workers I don't know about the co-worker at laser ship. The hardest part dealing at laser ship it is the lifting of boxes. I don't have any enjoyable parts at my job.
Up and coming parcel delivery service
Dispatch (Current Employee), Chantilly, VASeptember 30, 2013
A typical day at Lasership includes ensuring all parcels are properly delivered and the customer receives an excellent experience everytime. I work with other collegues within dispatch and customer service to attain this goal.