Lasership Employee Reviews

very productive
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 11, 2017
co -workers were very helpful and polite. the atmosphere was always bustling , there was always something to do either helping load my vehicle or a co- workers
Pros
lots of travel
Cons
one day off
Boxes!!
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2017
I worked on foot delivering amazon boxes around midtown and downtown manhattan. It was embarrasing and stressful at times. I had to carry a handtruck filled with boxes that were over my head literally,with this stupid red vest on. It required a lot of walking and getting lost. On the good side, i was able to explore manhattan and visit certain office buildings downstown.
Pros
Get to know your way around the city.
Cons
Embarrassing.
easy money but costly in gas
Merchandise Delivery (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJanuary 10, 2017
Managers were great! job was good, but very costly on the pockets regarding gas. Long days and long routes. Management is great. You work on your own. And make up your own hours. Working in a area not known to you. Flexibility, you make your own hours.
Pros
fast money
Cons
gas
It could be a better run company,with the empolyee's help
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 4, 2017
That you work independently,have a short coffee break...lasership is a delivery package service,thru out selective cities.the route consist of number of customer order's,per city to be deliver in a 8hr period...
Your in your car by yourself and can do what you wanna do.
Delivery man (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 11, 2016
Normal day would too be to go inside the Amazon warehouse and separate your packages. Then you would load them I'm your car and deliver them to the Home address or Business place for the desired customer.
Pros
Everthing
Cons
You might get stuck in traffic
Focused and Hard Working
Customer Service Representative/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTNovember 28, 2016
I like working for Lasership; I like working with the people here. They are hard-working and focused on what needs to be done. The customer is generally our first priority.

The management is good - when you need time off for something personal, it is usually granted. When they see that you are a hard worker, you get rewarded for that.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Compensation
Good place to work.I would not recomend this job if you dont like people.
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJNovember 12, 2016
Not an easy job. if you have problems working with others and have no skills on computers this jobs not for you. maybe this is for more experienced people.
bad management poor working conditions
Lead Freight Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MANovember 12, 2016
poor management no sense of direction, long days/nights no breaks, low paying for the amount of work don't waste your time. the place is dusty and dirty
Pros
co workers
Cons
management low paying dirty
fair
project manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 7, 2016
the pay is decent however there is no direction. the harder you work the more gets put on you or expected from you. it is rare that anyone gets promoted.
Pros
your piers are great
Cons
terrible upper management, work ethic not recognized
Work place welcoming
Courier (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 22, 2016
Boxes out of order the needing to wait to makes sure you \have the correct route because sorters misplaced a route.

The was nothing to learn it is a very common sense job.

Management was okay in the beginning but took a lot of things personal and it showed throughout the company.

Co-workers are cool and made the start of the day easy and fun.

Having to weave through traffic was the hardest part.

You can make as much as your body and mind allowed if you are okay with making little and constant pay cuts.
Pros
Work as much as you want.
Cons
It is a contacting job =, so you can lose pieces(money) because of a bid the company didn't secure
no good management
driver (Former Employee) –  chantilly VAOctober 10, 2016
No good management,pay rate no good.expensive for scanner and insurance .no organize,they have good schedule .the warehouse is dirty,they don't have enough space park lots
Pros
Cons
long drive
Good for Entry Level experience
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Belleville, NJSeptember 17, 2016
I've learned better communication skills, advanced my interpersonal skills with a personel of about 140 independant contractors and 35 office employees. My co-workers were a great help upon first arriving and sharing their years of knowledge with me, to succeed within my new position/s. The fact that every day there were new challenges to overcome and that was the most enticing part of the job. Management often changed, so there was constant changes within procedures to try and improve productivity, that often times did not benefit the company for the better. The most difficult part was not having all the tools to properly execute all task assigned. Lasership Inc. is a company to get you the knowledge and experience to get your foot in the door for future endeavours.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
little to no breaks & constant management change
Upper management needs to go
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH Corporate officeSeptember 11, 2016
There are many problems at Lasership. First off there is a terrible work ethic at the eastern corporate office. Upper management does not take credit for their mistakes or short comings. They will cause problems for the project by not answering question, stalling on important decisions, they also spread false information if their opinion is not abide by. They will threaten to cancel the project if they do not get their way. There are myriads of ways they will stop, kill, or plain sabotage a project.for spiteful petty reasons.
great place to work
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NYAugust 30, 2016
a day at work was i come in i do inventory of the zip code i had to deliver to. after would scan and load the items to my car. then after the last truck we would set out and deliver the goods by 9 p.m. after the day ends what ever is left we return it to the warehouse
I like that itsa small crew.and I work with a ouple of good guys and workers
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 25, 2016
good hours.good people..but its time for me to look for other jobs since there no chance of advancement or raises...I need to find a job to fit the cost of living and hopefuly move up in company
I have fun working at Lasership
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2016
Lasership helped me develop my customer service skills, improve my team work, problem solve. Overall Lasership is a great place to work at.
Productive and fun work place.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 4, 2016
Typical day I come in around 5:30. Load up my vehicle for hour. Depart and deliver till roughly 5-6. I rarely have time to associate with other co-workers. Managment is good, they always on top their game. The best part of job is its on my time and I can take break as longs I want. The faster I get done more money I make.
BS- Unprofessional in every way
Walker (Former Employee) –  237 West 29th StreetJuly 17, 2016
Lasership is by far the worst messenger company I ever joined. In my 36 years of existence on this planet I never went through the garbage these people put me through. The only thing good are weekends and holidays off and paid biweekly. Cons are low pay, unorganized dispatchers, unprofessional management in the sense where they would fire anyone without a thorough investigation of the 5 W's and a description of a person but rather go by courier/messenger number. They are quick to fire you for such stupidity. Biggest excuse was that I didn't get paid on the actual pay day and they expected me to work for free on top of that saying a HR person left the company for better things and deleted my file such utter BS. Also if you know there is a holiday coming the next day you should do payroll like on a Tuesday and send it out on a Thursday instead of waiting last minute.
Pros
Weekends/Holidays off
Cons
Don't recognize Lunch and much more
Great guys as colleagues.
Independent contractor DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 6, 2016
My typical day at work is always fast and hectic but that's part of what i signed up for.Being one to work under self motivation i easily manage my work,myself and helpers/employees well since i have a background in management. The most enjoyable part of my job is surprisingly not my check but rather a smile of content from my customers.
Overnight experience, takes constant focus, but good work
Night Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 17, 2016
As a night manager, a typical night consists of sorting paychex in the computer along with physical pieces, so they are ready for delivery within 12 hours of arrival. The downside is you must wait for two payloads to be dropped off, paychex from New Jersey come in 3 hours apart, along with other courier companies. All together, +1000 paychex must be sorted into 20+ different routes (zip code, travel distance). Management is not reliable, since you are in charge over night and don't see any corperate managers until 6am. Coworkers are always great and helpful. The hardest part of the job is dealing with setbacks due to other people. If the paychex company is slow in New Jersey, it effects the time the payroll is delivered and slows up the already time-important operation. Many things that are out of your control can account for a slowed process (internet down, someone calls out), but payroll must be ready for pick up from drivers/walkers at 5am. The best part of the job is how the work load fluctuates with payday of other companies. (ex. Wednesday will be the heavy day since payday is normal Thursday for companies, and Friday will be a very light night since few people get paid on Monday).
Pros
Water Machine, Computer Access, Down Time
Cons
Bad Management, Too many factors depend on others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lasership. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9