Lasership Employee Reviews

Focused and Hard Working
Customer Service Representative/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTNovember 28, 2016
I like working for Lasership; I like working with the people here. They are hard-working and focused on what needs to be done. The customer is generally our first priority.

The management is good - when you need time off for something personal, it is usually granted. When they see that you are a hard worker, you get rewarded for that.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Compensation
Productive work place
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 13, 2017
I love my job, don't get me wrong. Unfortunately, the starting rate is low and there's no advancement opportunities. The turn over rate is high. The bathrooms are disgusting. The equipment we use always breaks down.
Pros
Full time with benefits
Cons
High turn over n equipment always breaks down
Don't waste your time
Freight Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTMay 17, 2016
I've worked here for over a year now and the only thing that motivates me is the fact that I'll have a different job soon. There's no room for advancement in this job, no raises, no benefits. You're expected to work from 6-9 hours with only one short break. The facility is disgusting, there's a layer of dust on everything, safety hazards all around. The only thing management cares about is getting the work done, not the health and safety of their employees. Half of the people don't do any work and the other half call out at least once or twice a week because they're sick of having to do twice the amount of work to compensate for the others' laziness. It's definitely not a "team" effort. Not to mention the truck drivers are known to discard their bottles of urine in and around our facility for us to find at some point in the future.
Pros
They let us leave for our 15 minute break to grab food or something
Cons
Everything else
Management is terrible and extremely unprofessional
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 8, 2017
The work itself was easy. However, management is extremely unprofessional and will threaten and demean you if you need a day off. You are a contracted owner/operator being treated like a corporate employee. They do a horrible job of communicating expectations and providing all necessary equipment to do your job effectively. Took weeks to get me a scanner, yet took the money out for using it starting my first week. Steer clear of them if you are looking for a job here in Indianapolis.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Unprofessional manager, Falsified guaranteed earnings
Work place welcoming
Courier (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 22, 2016
Boxes out of order the needing to wait to makes sure you \have the correct route because sorters misplaced a route.

The was nothing to learn it is a very common sense job.

Management was okay in the beginning but took a lot of things personal and it showed throughout the company.

Co-workers are cool and made the start of the day easy and fun.

Having to weave through traffic was the hardest part.

You can make as much as your body and mind allowed if you are okay with making little and constant pay cuts.
Pros
Work as much as you want.
Cons
It is a contacting job =, so you can lose pieces(money) because of a bid the company didn't secure
Good for Entry Level experience
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Belleville, NJSeptember 17, 2016
I've learned better communication skills, advanced my interpersonal skills with a personel of about 140 independant contractors and 35 office employees. My co-workers were a great help upon first arriving and sharing their years of knowledge with me, to succeed within my new position/s. The fact that every day there were new challenges to overcome and that was the most enticing part of the job. Management often changed, so there was constant changes within procedures to try and improve productivity, that often times did not benefit the company for the better. The most difficult part was not having all the tools to properly execute all task assigned. Lasership Inc. is a company to get you the knowledge and experience to get your foot in the door for future endeavours.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
little to no breaks & constant management change
easy money but costly in gas
Merchandise Delivery (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJanuary 10, 2017
Managers were great! job was good, but very costly on the pockets regarding gas. Long days and long routes. Management is great. You work on your own. And make up your own hours. Working in a area not known to you. Flexibility, you make your own hours.
Pros
fast money
Cons
gas
Its a job.
Dispatcher I (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 21, 2017
Has alot to learn and fast paced. I enjoy working well with co-workers, management and the drivers. Pay can be better and has no OT until peak season which is at the end of the year. Pay is bi-weekly with 8- hrs per pay period. Pay depends on experience.
Pros
Lots to learn.
Cons
Pay, Drama.
I like that itsa small crew.and I work with a ouple of good guys and workers
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 25, 2016
good hours.good people..but its time for me to look for other jobs since there no chance of advancement or raises...I need to find a job to fit the cost of living and hopefuly move up in company
Upper management needs to go
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH Corporate officeSeptember 11, 2016
There are many problems at Lasership. First off there is a terrible work ethic at the eastern corporate office. Upper management does not take credit for their mistakes or short comings. They will cause problems for the project by not answering question, stalling on important decisions, they also spread false information if their opinion is not abide by. They will threaten to cancel the project if they do not get their way. There are myriads of ways they will stop, kill, or plain sabotage a project.for spiteful petty reasons.
BS- Unprofessional in every way
Walker (Former Employee) –  237 West 29th StreetJuly 17, 2016
Lasership is by far the worst messenger company I ever joined. In my 36 years of existence on this planet I never went through the garbage these people put me through. The only thing good are weekends and holidays off and paid biweekly. Cons are low pay, unorganized dispatchers, unprofessional management in the sense where they would fire anyone without a thorough investigation of the 5 W's and a description of a person but rather go by courier/messenger number. They are quick to fire you for such stupidity. Biggest excuse was that I didn't get paid on the actual pay day and they expected me to work for free on top of that saying a HR person left the company for better things and deleted my file such utter BS. Also if you know there is a holiday coming the next day you should do payroll like on a Tuesday and send it out on a Thursday instead of waiting last minute.
Pros
Weekends/Holidays off
Cons
Don't recognize Lunch and much more
Fast Paced
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTFebruary 21, 2017
Fast pace
Hard work
5 Day set schedule
Always room for extra time to be picked up
Good management and people
Learn different types of logistics for over 50 accounts
bad management poor working conditions
Lead Freight Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MANovember 12, 2016
poor management no sense of direction, long days/nights no breaks, low paying for the amount of work don't waste your time. the place is dusty and dirty
Pros
co workers
Cons
management low paying dirty
fair
project manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 7, 2016
the pay is decent however there is no direction. the harder you work the more gets put on you or expected from you. it is rare that anyone gets promoted.
Pros
your piers are great
Cons
terrible upper management, work ethic not recognized
no good management
driver (Former Employee) –  chantilly VAOctober 10, 2016
No good management,pay rate no good.expensive for scanner and insurance .no organize,they have good schedule .the warehouse is dirty,they don't have enough space park lots
Pros
Cons
long drive
Boxes!!
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2017
I worked on foot delivering amazon boxes around midtown and downtown manhattan. It was embarrasing and stressful at times. I had to carry a handtruck filled with boxes that were over my head literally,with this stupid red vest on. It required a lot of walking and getting lost. On the good side, i was able to explore manhattan and visit certain office buildings downstown.
Pros
Get to know your way around the city.
Cons
Embarrassing.
I like this job b/c is so easy job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 19, 2017
This job so easy and simple to work b/c only I work 2 or 3 hours the payment is good! and it is interesting job you drive round to deliver package just drop off people house or apartement's. and the pay fair.
and a lot of freedom that reason I like this job.
Great guys as colleagues.
Independent contractor DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 6, 2016
My typical day at work is always fast and hectic but that's part of what i signed up for.Being one to work under self motivation i easily manage my work,myself and helpers/employees well since i have a background in management. The most enjoyable part of my job is surprisingly not my check but rather a smile of content from my customers.
very productive
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 11, 2017
co -workers were very helpful and polite. the atmosphere was always bustling , there was always something to do either helping load my vehicle or a co- workers
Pros
lots of travel
Cons
one day off
It could be a better run company,with the empolyee's help
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 4, 2017
That you work independently,have a short coffee break...lasership is a delivery package service,thru out selective cities.the route consist of number of customer order's,per city to be deliver in a 8hr period...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lasership. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9