Lassen Community College Employee Reviews

Productive and good place to work
Federal Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Susanville, CAJuly 29, 2017
My typical work day would differ from others who worked in the same place. My day would start with feeding and watering the animals. After that it would differ everyday. It would be any of the many tasks that needed to be done. I learned a lot about the management of many different animals. The work culture was one similar to working on a ranch. The hardest part was trying to learn everything really quick.
Better be in with the right people
Custodian/Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Susanville, CAJune 15, 2017
This job is great if you suck up to the right people and cover their incompetence. If you actually care about working and seeing results your better off working somewhere else. This place is immensely dysfunctional and lazy by choice. The vice president pushes his agenda via bullying and threats, and he and his buddies get away with anything including showing up late, leaving early and literally not working on projects for weeks at a time.
Pros
A handful of great people
Cons
Essentially everything else
Very disfunctional due to the vice president IE controller thinking he runs the place.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Susanville, CAJune 1, 2017
The good old boy nepotism policy is alive and well, if you are good at stroking egos and playing along with people who have no clue what they are doing, well this is the place for you. There are many great, progressive people there, though they are unable to do their jobs out of fear.
Pros
Nice views
Cons
People who are truly miserable and could care less about the students and campus.
A productive and rewarding experience
Library Technician I (Former Employee) –  Susanville, CAApril 2, 2017
Working a day as a library technician involves helping patrons and keeping the library in top condition, with the most rewarding part being about helping the patrons find what they need, as well as the biggest challenge of keeping library materials in top condition. Staff at the library are always willing to lend a hand.
Was a student worker, while in college
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Susanville, CAMarch 20, 2015
This was when I went back to college, after many years of working. I was able to work in many different areas of the college over the years that I had attended.
Pros
was able to work around my class schedule
Cons
only during school terms
Working as a Temp
FINANCIAL AID TECHNICIAN I (SUB) (Former Employee) –  Susanville, CANovember 10, 2014
Worked mostly on the computer helping students with financial aid needs. Worked at local schools with seniors, giving presentations and then helping them fill out the FAFSA.
Pros
Good job where I could work with the public
Cons
Temporary position
It was a learning and workforce place
Residence hall advisor (Former Employee) –  Susanville, CAJanuary 10, 2013
well it was a college so i would go to class and then work but working with different race can be challenging and exciting at the same time.
Pros
because your a student worker there are alot of discount and benefits
Cons
short breaks because of the traffic of students that need your service.
Good Employer
ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Susanville, CAAugust 26, 2012
The only negative thing about working there was that I wasn't given any orientation on how to submit attendance and other reports. On the other hand I really enjoyed working with the students and other staff members helped me with any questions I had.