Latham & Watkins LLP Employee Reviews

workplace culture
Billing Accountant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 23, 2017
Firm valued their employees and coordinated staff and attorney events throughout the year to socialize and interact with each other. Free breakfast on Fridays. Great work support.
Law firm
Accounting Assistant / Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAMarch 15, 2017
The atmosphere in the office was always positive and pleasant. I enjoyed how well they showed their appreciation for their employees. They were always planning the next employee event.
Nice Firm
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Latham was a great firm. Plenty of support staff, employee perks, and continuing education programs for both attorneys and staff.
Pros
too many to mention
Cons
N/A
Interesting work.
Legal secretary to Office Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 14, 2017
Worked for the Managing Partner for 2 years, as well as 2 other associate attorneys.

A typical day was reviewing emails immediately when I received them due to very strict deadlines, type letters, memos, and various other documents. Help the Managing Partner meet his deadlines.

This was a very large firm and you were really able to get to know the staff.
Pros
Wonderful training program.
Cons
It was more of an assistant for corporate law.
Outstanding Firm
Real Estate/Finance Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Great firm, great people, amazing benefits and you learn a lot. Firm is well respected throughout the legal community which makes it easier to do your job.
Pros
Free breakfast, great clients
Cons
Not much interaction with your team
Excellent law firm to work for.
Legal Secretary, Night (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60611December 24, 2016
It is now extremely difficult to get a job with L&W, as the legal secretaries tend to stay in their positions. Management and the lawyers truly respected staff members.
Great people
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 3, 2016
Typical day at work, check emails, enter attorney time, a lot of admin work. Management is lacking as far as recognizing job performance. Amazing co-workers.
Pros
Perks such as concerts and firm parties
Cons
Management needs help
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 20, 2016
Wonderful company..Great pay and benefits, cooperative co workers...Team efforts..We became great friends and business asociates..I like about the employer

In the top two of jobs and companies I've had in my decades long career!
Pros
FEE LUNCH
Cons
NOTHING
Big Law and Big fun
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 11, 2016
Great firm, small OC office feels like a big family. They work with you on your schedule and are extremely flexible. Work Life Balance is a huge part of the firm.
A fun place to work!
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 3, 2016
Latham & Watkins is a fun place to work! They have great compensation and benefits. The managers are friendly and the culture is one of the defining elements of the firm. There are genuinely nice people at this firm.
Busy Law Firm
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 7, 2016
Must be detailed and reliable. Constant communication with attorneys and their clients. Communication skills are essential
Typing speed should be 60wpm or more; Knowledge of law terms and definitions is an asset
Pros
Excellent benefits package
Congenial work environment; top notch law firm supported by highly qualified professional staff
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 17, 2016
I worked with this company for a long time. A typical day starts with coffee or juice; choice of oatmeal, bagels or fruits. Work starts with a busy desk coverage. The company is one of the top-notch law firms in the U,S, supported by highly qualified professional staff run by astute personnel managers. The work environment is congenial, the professional staff hardworking, easygoing and friendly. The hardest part of the job is the commute to and from work. The best part of the job are the professional relationships and friendships gained from the work experience.
Pros
Free breakfast daily; monthly transportation allowance
Cons
reduction of secretarial positions
Law Firm Associate
Real Estate Finance Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2015
Latham is a great place to start your legal career and get trained by the best. Great culture of people. Typical work/life balance struggles and limited opportunities to make partner.
Awesome law firm to work for
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 24, 2015
This is a global law firm with an impeccable reputation for offering great benefits, an excellent work environment, cutting edge technology and the overall culture of the firm toward attorneys as well as staff is like none other. The only reason I resigned was to relocate to the Atlanta metro area to be closer to aging parents. If this firm had an office in Atlanta I would definitely have transferred. It was a very tough decision to leave -- the door is open for me to return if I go back to the Washington, DC area or to another location where there is an office.
Pros
The firm truly takes great pride in treating staff and attorneys with the same level if respect
Cons
For me, there are no cons
stressful but manageable
legal assistant (Former Employee) –  newark njAugust 20, 2015
Top prestigious law firm in the United States. Very difficult case loads and long research hours..other paralegals very helpful and we worked as a team..
Pros
good vacations
Best of the Best
Technology In Practice Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 29, 2015
Latham & Watkins definitely hired and promoted the best of the best. The partners at the firm were all superiorly intelligent and demanded the best supporting teams. What I enjoyed most was the amicable work environment. The hours were long, but everyone was friendly, respectful and professional.
work
Accounting specialist II (Current Employee) –  los angeles, caJuly 4, 2015
The firm provide enormous of benefits and fairness. It is a leading law firm and provide comfort for the staff.They have excellent health care, 401K, generous with PTO and other benefits.
An Excellent Working Enviroment.
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 30, 2015
Starting off the day,checking for any Job Postings(PDF) from Latham & Watkins facility Team.Making a Job Ticket and Verifying the Jobs Instructions to the Jobs Time Limit,Processing the Print Job/ Hard Copy.Management at Latham is Way Different from the small Shop's that I started in,Working with the BEST has given me an Upgrade to Blending in! Do to the Fact that I have Knowledge in a TEAM where I really do belong.You never feel Alone,the Co-worker's are their to Assist you and make you feel wright at Home.This Line of work is not hard,it's All based on you,if you are willing to Learn New Methods,then Every assignment that is given to you is a peace of cake,just ask Questions if you feel that something is not wright.Learning,meeting Great People,knowing that you have accomplish your Dream."I MADE IT" Here is where I Belong!!
Pros
Just being their!Woking with the Best!
Cons
1hour Lunch and 2-15 minute breaks
Pretty good environment to work.
Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  New YorkJune 16, 2015
Stable working environment. I have learned how to manage my time while working here.The best part of my day is helping others.
Hard working and caring
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesJune 15, 2015
Latham is a very diverse, hard working law firm. I was lucky to be employed here as my first taste of the legal world. Several paralegal and attorneys assisted with my legal education and ascension in the paralegal department.
Pros
great people; free breakfast
Cons
difficult personalities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Latham & Watkins LLP. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4