Latin American Youth Center

Latin American Youth Center Employer Reviews

I would not work here again!!!!
House Supervisor- Teen Bridge Program (Former Employee), Washington, D.C.February 21, 2014
Pros: hands on learning
Cons: low salary and bad management
I would not recommend this organization to anyone. The social services department is very disorganized and they do not offer enough support or training for their staff. There is high turnover in this organization and the program (Teen Bridge) due to these reasons. It is also a very unprofessional place with a lot of obvious favoritism to certain staff – more... from the administration. Do not join this organization-YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!! – less
A really fun place with lots to learn
Media/Youth Administrator Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 27, 2014
Learn all sorts of things from media to arts & craft. Walking distance from home. Administration were nice to work with. Different cultures and backgrounds and heritages.
Fun productive workplace
Outreach Worker (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 20, 2013
Pros: fun workplace
Cons: contractual
Instant gratification. Had the opportunity to help other improve their life-style. Learned a great deal from assisting at risk youth. Management was very involved with employees. This was a grant position--grant was not renewed.
I love working with the office
Administrative Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 8, 2013
I was an admin for the summer working with LAYC, but it was interesting because the people that we were working with were very diverse. It was an amazing work experience for me.
It was okay
Helped assist (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 3, 2013
It was only a summer job so i did not really like it. I had it when i was 16 years old.
Advice to Senior Management
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: flexible work hours, fun coworkers, relaxed atmosphere, productive meetings, great salary, nice employers
Cons: i have heard gunshots fired at night. there are many police card patrolling the area.
Management tried there hardest too communicate all of your needs to the director. She is very flexible. You will get more out of working here if you get to know the residents.
front desk and peer educate
Peer Educator/Temporary Secretary (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 24, 2012
answer phones , take messages, planned events for lgbtq students, educated the youth on sexually health. i can defently say that i learn new things everyday, it's calleneging at times but i push threw everytime.
Fun for the youth, not the employees
Youth Development Specialist (Former Employee), washington, dcMay 14, 2012
Management is horrid, in particular the Director of Social Services...the LAYC mission is not as important as making money and getting bigger...I was greatly disappointed during my employment at LAYC.
Very funny
Hall Monitor (Former Employee), Washington DCFebruary 22, 2012
Pros: helping kids stay in class and school
Cons: temporary
Why I say its very funny because I was a Hall Monitor with LAYC. Something I never thought I wood be because I didn't like the hall monitors when I was young. But the kids wanted to go to class, very respectful an I enjoyed every minute of it.

nicely – July 19, 2012

"wood" from a tree...you mean would

About Latin American Youth Center

As a matter of policy, the foreign policy of the US government and the financial support of developing countries are inseparable – Read more