Latin American Youth Center Employee Review

View all Latin American Youth Center reviews

Fun productive workplace
Outreach Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 20, 2013
Instant gratification. Had the opportunity to help other improve their life-style. Learned a great deal from assisting at risk youth. Management was very involved with employees. This was a grant position--grant was not renewed.
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
contractual

Other Latin American Youth Center Employee Reviews

It was serious workplace and relaxing place to hangout after work.
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 26, 2018
It a place where you can learn alot. Take your time and stay focused. There are going to be someday that are slow and other days fast pace. I worked hard and earned a life time of experience.
A workplace that works to educate the youth with love
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 25, 2018
A typical day at work would normally consist of lesson planning, extra practice work, and collaborative curriculum to teachers. I learned to put love into working with kids and to be patient with the different personalities that they have. Also, I learned different methods of teaching curriculum....some fast, some slow, some strategic. My supervisor was highly encouraging to all of her employees, emphasizing patience and hard work. The hardest part of the job was helping each student to reach passing and excellent standards while each student learns at different levels, helping them to reach that same level by the time or before each semester ends. The most enjoyable part of the job was the Life Skills class I taught, or the Basketball coaching I took part in in the After school program.