Lattice Semiconductor Employee Reviews

I liked the complexity and challenge of the work.
Sort Operator (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 30, 2017
A typical work day could be boring if all there was to do was move wafers on and off the systems. I did my best to learn both the products and the test systems as well as the flow of the test programs that they were exposed to. I didn't ever want it to be said that I let something get by me because I didn't know better. I've always believed that it's up to the individual to seek the knowledge you need to know to perform at your highest level. I always made sure there was an open line between myself and the engineer in charge of the product I was testing. If there were issues I needed to be aware of I found out ahead of time. I started at Lattice when they were only testing low density parts, so when they got into high density parts, every new product was a learning experience and every failed die had to be challenged. At the very least I needed to know the test systems abilities to make sure the testing was consistent and problems couldn't be blamed on the system. So through-put became my number one priority along with communication and data backup. I enjoyed working at Lattice. It gave me a sense of ownership
Pros
Challenge and fulfillment
Cons
It was a dead end job. I would probably find more fulfillment now than I did then.
Comapany changing as Jobs are Moved Off Shore
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 16, 2017
The company is going through a lot of layoffs as jobs are moved to the Philippines. Therefore, there is a lot of international communication and off hours support needed.

The culture is male dominated and advancement is hard to achieve. Decisions are generally made at the executive level.
Pros
Snacks and Soda in the break room, downtown location
Cons
Lack of career development, male dominated culture, work life balance
Good company to work for
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 19, 2016
Everyday was a different day in terms of work load. Very busy for most part, something to do at all times. Worked with upper and middle management to achieve goals and maintain the facility in the highest standards.
Stimulating environment, performance-driven
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 20, 2016
Lattice acquired Silicon Image, Inc. in early 2015. Asa a Silicon image employee, I had the opportunity to observe and apply lessons in integrating FPGA practices with the connectivity and HiRes video and audio capability of the consumer electronics market.
With regret, our geographical location requirements for continuing work relationship did not match.
Productive, customer-centric
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 10, 2016
Take-over activities in 2015 and subsequent reorganization and realignment createdchallenges for staff and management.
Overall, a challengin g environment with good professional rewards and, not least, very creative PTO policy.s
generally OK
Sr. Design manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 26, 2016
it is generally OK, for working as top/medium level managers. a typical day at work is a lot of meetings in all levels. what I learned most is the quality of the works.
Great People, until.....
Payroll Admin (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 6, 2015
They say "People don't leave Companies, they leave poor Managers"...And I Say, YES, they/I do!

Loved the company, the people are FABULOUS, but new management made it too painful. Hopefully the next person will have a better time of it.

Advise: Don't look 'er in the eye, keep your head down and say "yes'em" a lot, then you'll do good ;)
Good place for new college grads
Sr. Application Eng (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORSeptember 14, 2015
It's a decent company to work for but there had just been poor executions from management teams one after the others. They just can't compete head to head with other FPGA vendors. There were high turn overs especially with high skill workers due to such low morale in the workplace. It's going to take tremendous efforts for this company to turn around.
Pros
Decent company with niche product lines and a great place to learn.
Cons
Compensation and benefits are on the low side and not compatible with others.
Productive and Fun Environment
Financial Operations Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 6, 2015
Enjoying working at Lattice. Great team atmosphere and each person is friendly. Work is ongoing and always have something to accomplish.
great folks, lots of work and play
Field Reliability Manager (Former Employee) –  hillsboro, oregonJune 22, 2015
lattice has a great work culture. The people will keep you there. The management culture is very pragmatic but their approach will lead to long term success.
Great experience and exposure as an intern.
HR Intern Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 28, 2015
The people at Lattice are definitely a highlight. Most people are nice, hard working individuals. I enjoy the corporate events and flexibility Lattice has to offer.
just is an o.k work place
Principal Engineer/Director (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 12, 2015
the company's day to day operation has became more and more like a bureaucratic system. In general, the co-workers are very good and smart people.
It was a long time ago under different management
Military Product Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 6, 2014
Good engineering work but too much micro-managing by management.
Pros
Small Company
Cons
Market share problems in highly competitive market
Depressing
Payroll Administrator, SR Lead (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJanuary 23, 2014
Management is above it all. Does not have any interest in the people who work there. During my time there it was a never ending time of fearing being laid off. People there were depressed and negative. Not a happy place to work.
Good people, interesting work.
I.C. Mask Layout Designer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 21, 2012
There were good opportunities to learn new skills. This is where I did more work with analog designs. The engineers were very patient and helpful. I felt like well respected there and that my input was valuable and well received.
An exciting place to work, competing as a capable and nimble supplier against two larger competitors
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 9, 2012
An exciting place to work with tremendous potential to change the nature of the PLD marketplace. With a strong focus on the low end of the PLD marketspace, Lattice has carved out a very profitable and sustainable niche with capabilities to continue to expand that success in both higher and even lower densities.
Pros
culture similar to a start up but with the luxury of being a stable company of 20 years.
Cons
highly competitive marketplace with very capable competitors
Nice place to work
Manufacturing Product Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 21, 2012
Working at Latticer has given me the knowledge and experience how a Semiconductor company works.
Pros
free coffee, ping pong table available