Do you have lots of energy? Do you love to work hard to help others? Do you enjoy being with a wide variety of people in different situations? If you’re all about service, then LaunchAbility is the place for you!
For 50 years, LaunchAbility has been proud to service individuals with developmental and cognitive disabilities in the Dallas Area. Our client centered and service minded culture makes it easy for our employees to find value in their chosen career field. Flexibility in our work environment enables us to achieve the perfect work life balance.
We take care of you so you can take care of others.
LaunchAbility is looking for a Physical Therapist in our ECI program. The candidate for this role will be serving children from birth to three with developmental delays. You will provide assessments, develop treatments plans, intervention, consultations and training in a natural environment including home and community based settings.
We have a position for Flower Mound/West Denton/Wise County.
We are proud offer a flexible work schedule, excellent benefits including a 401k match and a commitment to putting our employees first.
If you are interested in this position, please see below for a full description of job duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs motor and positioning assessments, develops therapy treatment plans, implements treatment plans as defined in IFSP process; monitors and modifies treatments as necessary; obtains physician prescription needed for treatment. Plans visits appropriately. Uses appropriate techniques with children and families.
- Provides consultation and education to parents, caregivers, staff and other professionals regarding child’s therapy program in natural environments that include home and community based settings.
- Provides comprehensive case management as needed, including writing reports, maintaining files, following up with other professionals, identifying community resources for families, coordinating transition activities, and maintaining all required documentation for those clients for whom he/she is the service coordinator.
- Conducts intakes, screenings, evaluations/assessments and IFSPs appropriately and accurately, including informing families of procedural safeguards. Uses appropriate techniques with children and families. Educates staff and parents about physical therapy needs of children.
- Documents direct service and other activities in a timely and accurate manner, adhering to 45 and 28-day timelines and including progress notes, reports, IFSPs, correspondence, service time * Attends team and staff meetings as scheduled.
- Participates in Public Outreach activities as requested. Promotes the agency overall in a professional manner and supports agency-wide functions.
- Maintains current knowledge in physical therapy and continues to develop professional skills.
Education: Graduate of a professionally recognized curriculum in Physical Therapy with National Board Certification of Physical Therapy
Preferred: Courses and practicums in pediatrics, family systems theory, neurodevelopmental therapy and sensory integration
License: Current Texas Licensure
Current CPR and First Aid Certification