LaunchAbility is looking for an Employment Coordinator in our Adult Services division. The candidate for this role will be working with our adult clients and potential employers to find the right jobs that fit their different abilities. We offer a flexible work schedule, excellent benefits including a 401k match and a commitment to putting our employees first.
If you are interested in this position, please see below for a full description of job duties.
About Our Company:
At LaunchAbility it is our mission to help children and adults with developmental disabilities achieve their maximum potential and lead fulfilling lives within our community.
These core values are a set of guiding principles that will govern the way in which LaunchAbility operates. Staff, board members and volunteers shall all make decisions consistent with these criteria.
- All people deserve the opportunity to reach their maximum potential to be self-sufficient.
- All persons should be treated with dignity and respect and valued for their unique abilities.
- We operate ethically and with utmost integrity.
- We are vigilant and conscientious stewards of the funds entrusted to us.
- We accept only the highest standards of service delivery from our staff for our clients.
- We are dedicated to the continued excellence of our programs and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes relationships with community employers through public speaking, marketing, networking and direct sales activities. Builds both new relationships and manages existing relationships with businesses and those who are in a position to hire.
- Conducts job site task and culture analyses and assesses compatibility to ensure good job matching.
- Makes recommendations to businesses in regards to job restructuring and job carving.
- Coordinates all job development activities with Employment Consultants on team to report to DARS and to understand clients’ needs, and aptitudes for quality job matches.
- Provides input and assistance to agency-wide marketing efforts.
- Works flexibly with the team to effectively manage employer accounts.
- Provides education to the community including families, LaunchAbility Board of Trustees and employers about hiring people with disabilities.
- Supports Job Coaches in facilitating natural supports and the development of relationships at work.
- Supports clients on interviews and orientations as needed to support team and job coaches.
- Assures that all activities performed on behalf of each client being assisted are documented accurately and concisely according to department processes.
- Becomes proficient with SalesForce CRM and updates the data base daily with all activity relating to job development and potential employers.
- Turns in all documentation by deadlines. Supported Employment Specialist is certified and expected to sign DARS forms.
Education and Experience: Bachelors degree preferably in rehabilitation, psychology, special education, social work, public relations, marketing, business administration or related discipline. Education can be substituted for two years college and three years successful related work experience or high school diploma and five years successful related work experience. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Other Credentials: Must be able to complete required credentialing through UNTWISE for job coaching, job placement specialist and supported employment specialist, as required by DARS.