Laureate Education

Laureate Education Employer Reviews

A Start Up Company with Corparate Money
Tier 1 & 2 Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 7, 2013
Pros: managment and team very supportive.
Cons: entitlement issues with all staff and faculty.
Duties include: Local site debrief/ Phone Queue and Rapid Response Queue login.

Apply and execute Remote and Desk-side IT administration support.

Team Lead and Managers are always available and accessible.

Team Mates are very knowledgeable and supportive.

Communication of end-user's role and responsibility with Employer issued equipment.

Helping – more... people and learning new innovative practices and tools to advance my IT knowledge. – less
Productive and Motivated HR Profesional
Global Faculty Recruiter (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 1, 2013
I really enjoy recruiting and education. I have the opportunity to do both at this job as I recruit for professors.
Inbound Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Baltimore MDSeptember 12, 2013
fielded inbound customer service calls

created new files for students

updated student files
Productive and fun workplace
Enrollment Advisor and Mentor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 9, 2013
I learned that being myself will take me a long way. The leadership team helped developed ways for employees to grow and cared about our well-being. The most enjoyable part was changing people's lives through education and being the project coordinator for the Ronald McDonald House Charity. The hardest part was saying good-bye.
Aweful place to work
customer service (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 25, 2013
Pros: salary, benefits
Cons: management, parking
All I can say is.....RUN THE OTHER WAY IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!
One of the Worst Employment Experiences
marketing manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 17, 2013
Pros: okay benefits
Cons: greedy, unethical upper management, "no compete" clause, overworked, underpaid, no room for advancement, high turnover, tiny cubicles, sick leave could be much better
I agree whole heartedly with a previous poster. Although Laureate runs universities and colleges, the culture is VERY corporate. Most people are nice, at least on the surface. However, upper management are cutthroats. When I started they seemed like very decent people. However, within a year or two, those great people left and jerks replaced them. Ethics – more... and people (students and employees) are not very important to upper management. Expect to work late frequently or take home that work, put a lot of time and energy into it, and receive little, if any, credit or appreciation. After that keeps happening, you will start sending out your resume in hopes of landing a better job and better employer. However, here's the cherry on the cake: your employment contract with them will have a "no compete" clause barring you from work with a competitor after you leave. In this economy, that's crazy!

Upper management only cares about the bottom line...making money and fattening their wallets. The marketing department at Walden is huge! Most colleges do not have marketing departments. Many students who start Walden do not graduate, and the tuition is outrageous! So, they are left with no degree and huge student loan debt. Some who study certain programs do not even realize that they won't be able to practice their chosen occupation in their state because the program is unaccredited.

When I resigned, I was not given an exit survey to complete despite requesting this of the HR staff person. I followed up by sending an email to him after I left, and he still wouldn't send me the survey to complete. So, I can only think that they don't care about improving things. Fortunately, I was able to land my dream job and am very happy now. – less
the worst professional experience in my life
course developer (Former Employee), Columbia, MDMarch 27, 2013
Pros: lots of free food; smart, talented colleagues
Cons: lots of type a personality types, if you aren't a shark don't bother, management burns you out and they could care less, outrageous workload, will drive smart and talented colleagues out within a short amout of time
do you want to have a life outside of the office? forget it, then laureate is not for you. cheap slave drivers who spilt outrageous profits among the few at the very top while others come to office completely burned out with stomach in knots after an endless string of sleepless nights, that is until you wise up and leave. top management is all smiles – more... & sweet as they stab each other in the back. don't bother unless you don't believe in life/work balance. everyone there is miserable (because they are overworked although iin general a nice group of people, not everyone though. when you walk in, take a look around you. the people you see won't be around for long. they find new jobs as soon as they figure out that the workload isn't seasonal, but just plain old work culture at Laureate Ed.. most in all divisions of the company leave after a year or two. management will find another sucker to take their place. one division just walked out and said enough is enough. they are smart. – less
Poor management, no growth opportunity
Academic Advisor (Former Employee), Columbia, MDMarch 21, 2013
Pros: good benefits, pay is ok
Cons: poor management and leadership, no room for growth, micro-managed, low raises, unethical enviroment
very poor management and no room to grow with the company. Raises do not exist. Micro-managed and treated like a child. No support from management, HR or leadership. Will only do well if you are a 'yes' kind of person who will jump off the ethical cliff with everyone else. Don't expect them to care about your personal life or family either.
Enrollment Advisor
Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee), Baltimore MDAugust 31, 2012
•Review all applications and administered the admissions decisions process as developed and defined by the University of Liverpool
•Provide unofficial assessment of transfer of credit for prospective students
•Advise potential students on admission requirements, policies and procedures, transfer of credit, and related issues
•Respond to inquiries from – more... students, faculty and internal student service groups
•Meet and exceed monthly and quarterly goals in enrollments/sales
•Supervise the transcription of transfer awards into the student information system once official evaluations are completed
•Manage and train new team members
•Prepare and maintain sales progress, conversion, and relate reports on a weekly basis
•Build rapport and provide guidance for students interested in obtaining a Master’s degree
•Quarter 3 Top Salesman – less
Outstanding Team Lead
Senior Student Support Coordinator (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 17, 2012
Pros: stability of the job, great team of people
Cons: no opportunities for advancement
In Student Services department we assisted online students via phone, chat and email. We were committed to respond to students within minute and address their needs by either answering questions or connecting them to departments who could resolve possible issues students were facing. We had access to multiple databases and we needed to be very quick, – more... detailed and accurate when reviewing student accounts and interpreting information to them.
I was a team lead, which means that I was managing a team of 5-6 people on the floor. I was responsible to provide the team with direction and information they needed to successfully complete their tasks. I was also leading team meetings and performing weekly and monthly quality assurance and I communicated results and team needs with our upper management.
My relationship with management was solid. I was very transparent and professional and they appreciated all hard work and extra time I was putting into the job to make sure I make difference in our department.
I am very enthusiastic, outspoken, driven, hard working and driven individual who has very strong leadership skills. I always had great professional relationships with my co-workers and I tried to use any opportunity to show them that their work is appreciated.
The hardest part of the job was to assist several people at the same time, which was essential to be successful in my position. I needed to be able to take escalated calls, assist students in chat and assist my team throughout the day.
The most enjoyable part was the fact that I really enjoyed working with people on my team. I always had a chance to learn something new. – less
Work Hard and Play Hard
Graduate Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 20, 2012
Enjoy a work environment that sets the expectations of goals, and rewards the goal outcome. Have fun while working.
Global Education Company
HR Manager/Recruiter (Current Employee), Chicago, IllinoisJanuary 5, 2012
Pros: $10 parking, culinary students =food all day, promotion opportunities
Cons: busy busy bees, busy bees!
A student-centered organization with unlimited ideas an opportunities for expanding the student experience. We have 4 prestigious campus-based schools in the U.S. as well as two English/Spanish online platform schools. Our International networks allows for tremendous student exchange opportunities.
Fun, Exciting Rewarding Work Environment
Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee), Columbia, MDDecember 3, 2011
A great place to work! The company is growing and changing almost daily. Good place for entry level into sales, marketing and communications
Productive and fun workplace
Enrolment Advisor in a Law faculty (Former Employee), GdanskApril 16, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: underpaid
At my recent employment, as an Enrolment advisor at the Laureate Online Education, the e-learning partner of the University of Liverpool, I gained substantial experience of working in an academic/office environment in an administrative capacity. The aim of the role was to build a very good relationships with prospective law students that have inquired – more... about the educational law program, discover needs and concerns, demonstrate how the legal program can best meet those needs, and support the prospective student through the admissions process to enrolment. Moreover, as an Enrolment Advisor my duties were to build and manage pipeline of prospective students for accurate forecasting purposes, collaborating with various departments within the company. Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with prospects requires systematic and proactive account management primarily in the form of telephone and email communication.
My manager was a very dedicated person and it was a pleasure working with her on a daily base, she always could find time to support me and to give a good advise. Because of her and other co-workers the time at work was very pleasant and constructive experience. Our team was a group of very different but interesting people and it was enjoyable to work with them.
As an Enrolment advisor, I improved my ability to work individually under little supervision because of the characteristic of continuously fast changing environment. I gained the ability of self-motivation skills by focusing on consultative selling experience in career advising by being able to build strong customer relationships using an excellent management and communication skills (English and Polish), both oral and written. Working in an international fast-paced environment was a difficult task to achieved however it helped me gained the ability of excellent phone skills and the ability to work under pressure with little supervision. – less

About Laureate Education

If higher education is a matter of degrees, Laureate must be blazing hot. The company provides adult career education through – Read more