Laureate Education Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to Work
Senior Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 15, 2015
Great atmosphere. Fun place to work. Many opportunities for advancement. Great benefits. Management helped to achieve goals and was interested in promoting future within company.
Pros
Many Free lunches/ dinners
Cons
Worked long hours/ unexpected weekends
Loved Internship at Laureate
GPS Financial Reporting Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 19, 2016
Loved every second of employment at Laureate Education. As an Intern I worked on multiple accounting projects including bank reconciliations,and a fixed asset project. It was all very doable and I would recommend the internship to anyone who is just starting out intermediate accounting.
Pros
Culture, Learning Environment, Great Managment
Cons
Commute through downtown
Micro-management and No Career building
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 20, 2016
you are expected to work in the same position and same salary even 10 years from the day you join. please get a life! you are not stated about the work expectation but it is designed so that you get to work 24x7
Pros
learn
Cons
burn
Productive work environment with a lot of learning opportunities
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 2, 2016
Overall, Laureate provides their employees with the potential to learn and grow in various skill sets. Although, it can be a high volume environment, employees benefit from the gains of hands on work and team members with high levels of expertise.
Productive Educational Work Environment
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 21, 2015
A typical day at work, was to pull any updated information for teachers who called in to re-certify their teaching certification. Answer phones with cheerfulness and clarity. Go into the teacher record file on the computer or make a new computer file and update and enroll and send out materials to the teachers.

I learned a lot about different personalities calling in, Great customer Service, great management and great co-workers all working together.

The hardest part of the job if any two people were absent you had a lot of phone calls to answer and not leave anyone on hold for over a certain period of time. It was a small office of about 8 people within a larger organization with other departments.

Most enjoyable were the supervisors .
Pros
celebration of differnt holidays and events we held at the office. great salaty and benefits.
Cons
my department had aout 4 different superviors within 5 years.
Tibco Developer with 9 + Years
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 21, 2016
Working as a senior developer in Laureate Education.
Laureate is into education domain, they have different institutions like Walden, UOR/UOL, NSAD...etc.
Procurement
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 10, 2016
Daily tasks included working out of assigned ticketing system.

Creating requisitions for approval and dispatching purchase orders to vendors via Peoplesoft.
superb
Lead .Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 19, 2016
i was really happy to work with laureate education. but unfortunately my project was ended.

thanks for giving me a chance to work the firm.
Poor management, no growth opportunity
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 21, 2013
very poor management and no room to grow with the company. Raises do not exist. Micro-managed and treated like a child. No support from management, HR or leadership. Will only do well if you are a 'yes' kind of person who will jump off the ethical cliff with everyone else. Don't expect them to care about your personal life or family either.
Pros
good benefits, pay is ok
Cons
poor management and leadership, no room for growth, micro-managed, low raises, unethical enviroment
Overall rating was a 1.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandAugust 25, 2015
Mangagement sucks! Managers do not support the employee's desire to learn and grow. They do not give enough training and then blame the person for not understanding because of that. The people are disrespectful.
Pros
I learned a lot.
Cons
I had to learn on my own because they are not supportive and did not give enough training.

Want to know more about Laureate Education?

Ask a question
the worst professional experience in my life
course developer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 27, 2013
do you want to have a life outside of the office? forget it, then laureate is not for you. cheap slave drivers who spilt outrageous profits among the few at the very top while others come to office completely burned out with stomach in knots after an endless string of sleepless nights, that is until you wise up and leave. top management is all smiles & sweet as they stab each other in the back. don't bother unless you don't believe in life/work balance. everyone there is miserable (because they are overworked although iin general a nice group of people, not everyone though. when you walk in, take a look around you. the people you see won't be around for long. they find new jobs as soon as they figure out that the workload isn't seasonal, but just plain old work culture at Laureate Ed.. most in all divisions of the company leave after a year or two. management will find another sucker to take their place. one division just walked out and said enough is enough. they are smart.
Pros
lots of free food; smart, talented colleagues
Cons
lots of type a personality types, if you aren't a shark don't bother, management burns you out and they could care less, outrageous workload, will drive smart and talented colleagues out within a short amout of time
Good core values on paper. Terrible in practicing them.
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 21, 2015
If you want to have a life outside of the office, stay away. This company is all about the bottom line at the expense of their tools and their employees. The systems they use are archaic and they expect continued improvement from perpetually degrading systems.Which leads to 70 hour work weeks and minimal gains.

This organization is full of brilliant people with wonderful ideas but they don't have nearly enough functional expertise. They want to reinvent the wheel using squarish stones.
Pros
smart people
Cons
everyone is a manager and no one knows how to work anything
One of the Worst Employment Experiences
marketing manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 17, 2013
I agree whole heartedly with a previous poster. Although Laureate runs universities and colleges, the culture is VERY corporate. Most people are nice, at least on the surface. However, upper management are cutthroats. When I started they seemed like very decent people. However, within a year or two, those great people left and jerks replaced them. Ethics and people (students and employees) are not very important to upper management. Expect to work late frequently or take home that work, put a lot of time and energy into it, and receive little, if any, credit or appreciation. After that keeps happening, you will start sending out your resume in hopes of landing a better job and better employer. However, here's the cherry on the cake: your employment contract with them will have a "no compete" clause barring you from work with a competitor after you leave. In this economy, that's crazy!

Upper management only cares about the bottom line...making money and fattening their wallets. The marketing department at Walden is huge! Most colleges do not have marketing departments. Many students who start Walden do not graduate, and the tuition is outrageous! So, they are left with no degree and huge student loan debt. Some who study certain programs do not even realize that they won't be able to practice their chosen occupation in their state because the program is unaccredited.

When I resigned, I was not given an exit survey to complete despite requesting this of the HR staff person. I followed up by sending an email to him after I left, and he still wouldn't send me the survey to complete.
  more... So, I can only think that they don't care about improving things. Fortunately, I was able to land my dream job and am very happy now.  less
Pros
okay benefits
Cons
greedy, unethical upper management, "no compete" clause, overworked, underpaid, no room for advancement, high turnover, tiny cubicles, sick leave could be much better
Challenging
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 29, 2015
Responsible for managing correspondence
Student database upkeep
OPen communication between departments, myself and applying student.
Aweful place to work
customer service (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 25, 2013
All I can say is.....RUN THE OTHER WAY IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!
Pros
salary, benefits
Cons
management, parking
Global Education Company
HR Manager/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IllinoisJanuary 5, 2012
A student-centered organization with unlimited ideas an opportunities for expanding the student experience. We have 4 prestigious campus-based schools in the U.S. as well as two English/Spanish online platform schools. Our International networks allows for tremendous student exchange opportunities.
Pros
$10 parking, culinary students =food all day, promotion opportunities
Cons
busy busy bees, busy bees!
Outstanding Team Lead
Senior Student Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 17, 2012
In Student Services department we assisted online students via phone, chat and email. We were committed to respond to students within minute and address their needs by either answering questions or connecting them to departments who could resolve possible issues students were facing. We had access to multiple databases and we needed to be very quick, detailed and accurate when reviewing student accounts and interpreting information to them.
I was a team lead, which means that I was managing a team of 5-6 people on the floor. I was responsible to provide the team with direction and information they needed to successfully complete their tasks. I was also leading team meetings and performing weekly and monthly quality assurance and I communicated results and team needs with our upper management.
My relationship with management was solid. I was very transparent and professional and they appreciated all hard work and extra time I was putting into the job to make sure I make difference in our department.
I am very enthusiastic, outspoken, driven, hard working and driven individual who has very strong leadership skills. I always had great professional relationships with my co-workers and I tried to use any opportunity to show them that their work is appreciated.
The hardest part of the job was to assist several people at the same time, which was essential to be successful in my position. I needed to be able to take escalated calls, assist students in chat and assist my team throughout the day.
The most enjoyable part was the fact that I really enjoyed working with people on my team.
  more... I always had a chance to learn something new.  less
Pros
stability of the job, great team of people
Cons
no opportunities for advancement
A hard working enviornment concentrated on revenue more than its employees
Analyst (Current Employee) –  MDMay 18, 2014
Laureate has a great model when it comes to building an online brand. But it spends way too much time on the bottom line and very little time on the people who help produce that revenue.
Pros
good model
Cons
poor employee management
Enrollment Advisor
Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore MDAugust 31, 2012
•Review all applications and administered the admissions decisions process as developed and defined by the University of Liverpool
•Provide unofficial assessment of transfer of credit for prospective students
•Advise potential students on admission requirements, policies and procedures, transfer of credit, and related issues
•Respond to inquiries from students, faculty and internal student service groups
•Meet and exceed monthly and quarterly goals in enrollments/sales
•Supervise the transcription of transfer awards into the student information system once official evaluations are completed
•Manage and train new team members
•Prepare and maintain sales progress, conversion, and relate reports on a weekly basis
•Build rapport and provide guidance for students interested in obtaining a Master’s degree
•Quarter 3 Top Salesman
Great Company
Regional Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2014
Great company with many divisions and regional offices. If you are remote employee it is more difficult to find opportunity's word in script. However few are located at a physical location, opportunity's are always available and they like to promote from within. It is a large organization and with a little networking the possibilities are endless. Walden learning experience was mediocre.