Laurel Lake Retirement Community Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Rewarding Job, Awesome and Flexible
Server (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHMay 6, 2015
I moonlighted as a server at Laurel Lake for 5 years while working through college. Laurel Lake is possibly the BEST college job one could have. Managers are vocal about allowing in-school employees to prioritize school over their work schedule, and most Laurel Lake hourly employees had been at LL for many years. No matter where you fall in the pecking order, the residents give every last employee (sans those still in their probationary period) an annual "holiday tip" / bonus. Working part time for 6 months out of the year, I frequently received a "tip" that was more than enough to cover gifts for family, friends, and myself. I truly miss working here, miss the residents, and miss the work culture. While I can only speak for part-time servers, Laurel Lake was an excellent starting point in my work life and I am thankful for the opportunity to have worked there.
Pros
Excellent work culture, non-profit, resident owned, double time on holidays, performance bonuses
Cons
Annoying split shifts, very cliquish, some general grossness and the occasional loss of a beloved resident, the tragedy you'd expect in eldercare
Overall a great place to work
LPN/Charge Nurse Crown Center (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHOctober 28, 2014
Overall a great place to work, management works with employees regarding education and mandatory meetings by providing alternative times for attendance. Co-workers are team players.
Friendly, nurturing environment.
Crown Center Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHJune 27, 2014
Compared to past experiences, this facility has a low-pressure feel to it. The focus in on the customer (patient, family and staff). Quality of life is important along with bettering yourself.
Laurel Lake is a wonderful place to work, the staff and volunteers make each day a joyful experience.
Laundry Aide (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHJanuary 31, 2014
Teamwork is key in our facility and everyone strives to be compassionate, caring, loving and helpful to our residents and each other every day. I have learned a lot about service at Laurel Lake. A typical day at work consists of washing, drying, folding, bending, reaching, pushing heavy carts full of towels, linens and blankets to departments along with delivering cots and light maintenance of our department. Our management staff is wonderful, helpful and fully hands-on when help is needed. We treasure their experience and guidance. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the wonderful residents, families, other staff and volunteers, helping and serving. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the huge volume of loads that we wash, dry, fold and deliver each day.
Pros
good staff, wonderful loving people and lunches are provided.
Cons
can be stressful at times.
Retirement Community
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHJuly 31, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job I would have to say is the residents. I love that their happy with the work I provide. I love their conversation and making them smile,
I gained allot of experiance in differant realms of the medical field
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHJune 19, 2012
I enjoyed going to work. I appreciated the benefits and employee appreciation the company went to show its employees, countless blessings for an individual to work in an environment such as a retirement/nursing home, I worked and loved every minute of the five and a half years I worked there
Pros
employee appreciation
Cons
the physical work
Values Excellent
Director of Housekeeping and Laundry (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHMay 22, 2012
All staff held accountable
Beautiful Campus
Wonderful staff and residents
Pros
wonderful residents and co-workers
Cons
distance from home

4.5