Laurel Ridge Treatment Center Employee Reviews

Fun and happy place to work
Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 9, 2017
Outstanding management, supervisor that are supportive, coworkers that are outstanding, and a place where you are happy to go to work. The pay is not as competitive but you learn and grow experience wise.
Pros
Learn a lot and lots of little perks from managements
Cons
Need to increase pay
Lr
MHW (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 1, 2017
co workers were great. The higher up nor so much at times. It seems like the pick favorites and become one sided depending on who the pt is. So pt the truly care about some they do not.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
people in leader of the military unit
It became a different place when taken over by a large company
Registered Charge Nurse and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 30, 2017
I took care of both adolescents and children in residential care. I enjoyed my work. There were times when it was a more dangerous place to work due to poor staffing. I enjoyed the people I worked with and the kids I cared for.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
poor staffing much of the time
fast paced/stressful/demanding
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 24, 2017
you are just a number, the more you do the more is piled on, with no extra time or compensation. Years of service, dedication, attendance mean nothing. administration is the pits, no accountability for any thing. so much is brushed under the rug.
Pros
pto
Cons
every thing else
Unethical place to work
Admissions (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 24, 2017
The company's only mission is to make money by any means, inhumane and unethical. Management sucks and is very petty. The staff is very rude to patients.
Laurel Ridge is a good place to work for.
Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Geriatric out patientSeptember 21, 2017
I was happy working at Laurel Ridge. People were nice and cooperative at work and helped each other. It was a nice environment and I enjoyed my work and liked to go back to work every day.
Pros
Nice people to work with.
Wow
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXSeptember 11, 2017
I loved working at Laurel Ridge, the people were amazing and management was awesome. Until our census became low and all hourly staff were forced to take time off, wether you have PTO or not. They didn't care wether or not you would be able to pay bills, keep insurance for yourself and your family. I could have seen myself working there for years to come if this hadn't happened.
Very supportive
RN Care Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 7, 2017
Great to work in an entirely new area after having been an RN for thirty one years. My supervisor was extremely supportive. Worked with many great people.
Great supervisor and pay
Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 18, 2017
I enjoyed working there. The week training was helpful. Supervisor was great and was very understanding. Staff was okay to work with no problems. Very good pay more than expected. Working with patients needed to be more personalized to make an impact to their needs.
Pros
Great food and great supervisor!
Cons
Over crowded patients and not personalized treatments
Why I will continue to work at Laurel Ridge
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 10, 2017
A good company to work for. I love administration and how they just don't consider you a number. They allow you to vent and express your concern. They also make sure you receive adequate training.
Pros
Can advance with the company.
Cons
Need to staff better.
Too much favoritism and lying
LVN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 24, 2017
Benefits were great! Management was horrible and got lower level favorites to lie for them. Not very good influences. Lots of overtime and good overtime incentives. But then you are punished if you are too tired from all the overtime.
Pros
good benefits and lots of overtime
Cons
poor management
Mhw
MHW/ Staffing (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 26, 2017
they didnt care for their employers and high turn around rate, if you care for the patients its a awesome place of employment but you have to deal with staff and administration who does not care
Very peasant place to work
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 18, 2017
My main tasks consisted of preparing and cooking food, I also managed all the employees in the kitchen facility to ensure thing were done properly and prepared on time.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
nothing
Psych and Detox Units
Detox Medication Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 9, 2017
Good Experince place to work,diversity people in psych and detox, acute needs of patients, at times overwhelming to fullfill everyones needs(Alert,Grown Adults)..Most of time NO support of help from Supervisors in staffing for patient safety environment...Then fingers pointed when incidents happen due to lack of team staffing..
Pros
Choose your schedule
Cons
Short staffing at all times..
It's a psych hospital
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 20, 2017
Very high risk job. Pay is horrible, " what am I doing??? " Very sad and eye opening. Seems as if alot of the staff care.....Well let's just hope, but a great place for students of psychology and miasma called LR.
Pros
Friendly staff...
Cons
So dangerous on so many levels
Loving Staff
LPC Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 17, 2017
The staff cared for the patients. I was able to incorporate my own views in my counseling. The patients were allowed to interact with the staff as well as have individual therapy.
Pros
establishing your own schedule
Cons
limited breaks
Productive Working Environment
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 16, 2016
Very good work environment, I enjoy my job, my patients and the the team I work along side. If you're looking for a job with unlimited overtime this is the place for you.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
No off clock lunches
Good place for experience in psych.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 9, 2016
Great place to gain experience working with people in a closed inpatient setting. Nurses and mental health technicians were always fun to work with.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Too many patients and not enough workers when acuity is high.
Terrible.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 2, 2016
Don't even bother applying. This place sucks!! Don't send a loved one here. No one here is helpful at all. There was so much stress, I almost exploded. The pay was terrible. The kids seemed to be more depressed here then anywhere.
Pros
Pros: FUNNY
Cons
Cons: short breaks, low pay, terrible managers.
would not recommend.
LVN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 23, 2016
I worked there full time-- If it wasn't for the patients--I would have left immediately. Instead, I put up with immense abuse, bullying, schedule changes, false accusations. Very detrimental. management does not care about their staff--and it is chaos. I believe it should be closed or investigated. Very eye opening and sad time in my career.
Pros
Patients need compassionate nurses
Cons
severe nurse bullying, incompetent staff, dangerous.