Laurel Ridge Treatment Center Employee Reviews

Loving Staff
LPC Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 17, 2017
The staff cared for the patients. I was able to incorporate my own views in my counseling. The patients were allowed to interact with the staff as well as have individual therapy.
Pros
establishing your own schedule
Cons
limited breaks
Good place for experience in psych.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 9, 2016
Great place to gain experience working with people in a closed inpatient setting. Nurses and mental health technicians were always fun to work with.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Too many patients and not enough workers when acuity is high.
Productive Working Environment
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 16, 2016
Very good work environment, I enjoy my job, my patients and the the team I work along side. If you're looking for a job with unlimited overtime this is the place for you.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
No off clock lunches
Terrible.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 2, 2016
Don't even bother applying. This place sucks!! Don't send a loved one here. No one here is helpful at all. There was so much stress, I almost exploded. The pay was terrible. The kids seemed to be more depressed here then anywhere.
Pros
Pros: FUNNY
Cons
Cons: short breaks, low pay, terrible managers.
would not recommend.
LVN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 23, 2016
I worked there full time-- If it wasn't for the patients--I would have left immediately. Instead, I put up with immense abuse, bullying, schedule changes, false accusations. Very detrimental. management does not care about their staff--and it is chaos. I believe it should be closed or investigated. Very eye opening and sad time in my career.
Pros
Patients need compassionate nurses
Cons
severe nurse bullying, incompetent staff, dangerous.
Great staff to work with
Charge Nurse, Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 2, 2015
Great staff of LVNs, RNs, and Techs, though some were routinely late with no consequences. Management of the units depend on the unit you are working on. Some had good managers, others didn't. A typical day consists of staff arriving late, report being given, talking with MDs, Therapists, and unit manager about the patients on a given unit (Monday-Friday only). On weekends there was always a shortage of staffing and sometimes therapy didn't happen because there weren't enough therapists to conduct it. Hardest part of the job was being constantly understaffed. Most enjoyable part of the job was the direct care.
A productive workplace with many great employees that love what they do.
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 8, 2015
Patients are usually awesome. I stayed working there because I love my patients. My manager was great, however, upper management rarely engages with employees or walks around the hospital to see the status of the units unless something bad happens. Work can be smooth to very chaotic in a matter of minutes. Staffing is terrible. Some co-workers love what they do and they care, many others care very little or nothing at all. The most enjoyable part of my workday was seeing my patients happy.
No appreciation for good hard loyal staff
LVN (Former Employee) –  LvnAugust 16, 2015
If you like abuse every day while working under a understaffed unit then this is the job for you..not to mention getting written up without questioning other people false statements.without a chance to be questioned...as well as being treated rudely by staff who answer to you with no management to back you up..NEW nurses beware...3 days orientation and your on your own and laurel ridge will report you to the state without question. ..I have never been reported to the state but you never know. ......if you cherise you license .... run away ...FAST. .I couldn't run away fast enough ...!!!!!!
Pros
Known
Cons
Plenty. Too many to mention ..
stay away!!!
lvn (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 5, 2014
This place should be shut down!
It's filthy and falling apart mold in the walls causing staff and patients to be sick patients spend most of their time in a room watching TV creating tension and conflict leading to verbal and physical abuse amongst the patients there was a noticeable decline once the new ceo took over the cno and supervisors should lose their licenses it is extremely corrupt! Staffing is insanely unsafe leaving employees and patients in a VERY unsafe environment it's dangerous for your license and overall safety the food is disgusting as well do not go here or send a loved one here
Pros
NONE
Cons
many
This job for me was in an excellent location. It allowed me to work a very flexible schedule when my children were in school .
Unit Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 10, 2012
This job provided me with the necessary flexibility as a single parent. The one quality I would always remember is their open arms when had to leave it and then returned to it two years later. Management then seemed stabled enough, considerate and appreciative of staff needs.
Professional growth was provided due to the critical cases involved in such setting. Child and adolescent Residential programs are always difficult on clients, due to the lack of family support. However, the challanges it brought, were professional growth experiences.
Productive Fast Pace Work Environment
LMSW/Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 21, 2015
• Coordinated group psycho-educational sessions with patients.
• Placed patients in placements back in their environment.
• Counseled individual and family therapy sessions.
• Coordinated after-care therapy sessions and programs for civilians, active duty personnel, and veterans.
Working a treatment center for the mentally ill and chemically dependent that are civilians and active duty military
Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 3, 2012
I am currently a PRN therapist and mainly do groups on various adult units. I work with chemcially dependent, mentally ill patients, and active duty military patients. The other popluation that come are those active duty military patients are returning from deployments and have PTSD and sometimes chemically dependency issues. I have learned a lot about various mental illness and working in a treatment/psychiatrist treatment center. The hardest part of my job is that I never know the type of patients that I will be working, but that is also the most enjoyable part of my job because I see a wide range of people, issues, and personalities. I am also to see their change from when they first come into to when they leave.
Great Place to Work!!!
Business Development Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2013
Wages, Benefits, Co-workers, and Management were like family. The grounds were beautiful and the makeup of the facility breeds tranquility. I would highly recommend this hospital for a place of employment. I was able to grow as person, advance in my career, and even had assistance with job placement when moving to Dallas. 5 STARS!!!!!
Something new and exciting everyday
Recreation Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 14, 2012
I enjoyed my time at Laurel Ridge. I believe I had an opportunity to grow in my knowledge of interpersonal skills and therapeutic abilities. I was able to work with many different populations within the psychiatric facility.
Productive and Fun workspace
Art Therapy Intern (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 24, 2015
Currently interning once a month for a full week with the art therapist. There ar emany units to work on and the staff is friendly.
Fast paced and fun
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 24, 2015
I enjoyed this job however management was quite difficult. Management has since changed. Opportunity for other positions in the company available.
As a mental health worker, I found it extremely difficult.
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 22, 2013
This position was not suitable for me, low pay, high stress, co-workers stressed, high turn-over.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Work conditions threaten personal safety and legal issues.
I like the PTSD unit.The have a nice ECT program that was nice to work, but the room is very small.
LVN medication nurse, weekend staffing nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio txJune 3, 2013
I love what I do. I am looking for a little more pay. Maybe a baylor spot, so that I can return to school for my RN.
Decent place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 31, 2015
I have been satisfied working here but am still relatively new in my position at this facility. So far have found management is willing to work with staff and generally friendly atmosphere among staff.
Excellent patient care
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 12, 2013
The staff are fully committed to providing a safe, therapeutic environment with a focus on getting patients the care to address their psychiatric and chemical dependency needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laurel Ridge Treatment Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5