Laurel University Employee Reviews in United States

My own summary review of Laurel University
Operations of the financial Admininistration (Former Employee) –  Miami FlMay 16, 2012
Typical day at work: improvisation in the administrative process because they don't have standardization in the policies and rules. I was take a decision about to design administrative and financial process. High stress caused by internal conflicts between employees. High distortion in the communications process. The hardest part of the job was recovery 1500 data files students. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relations with the students.
Pros
schedule open
Cons
not break for lunch
Professional and caring university
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCFebruary 9, 2013
The faculty and staff of Laurel University truly care about their student population, praying regularly for them and providing solid leadership for their development as adults and working professionals. The Bachelor completion program enrolled working adults for twenty months to attend class one night per week for four hours. We enjoyed our structured curriculum and lively discussions. My position as adjunct professor was mostly a facilitator position. Great place, great experience, great people.
Pros
one night per week for the students.
Cons
sitting for four hours required creative breaks.
Good work study program
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 5, 2013
I gained much experience interacting and helping students at college level. I worked with a great group of people in administration. The financial aid department and the library were great sources of information that I will carry with me for a lifetime.
Pros
great supervisors
Cons
unfortunate the work study program had to end with graduation
Productive workplace
Administrative Assistant/Intern (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 24, 2013
Laurel University has a great work study program for their students.
Pros
personable staff
Cons
short-term