Lauren Engineers & Constructors Employee Reviews in United States

great management
Pipefitter Helper (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 21, 2016
Lauren is a great company to work for the employees are very well token care of between safety and management they are a very past paced constructive company to work for
Pros
great insurance
Love this Company
Field Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Artesia, NM 88210May 18, 2016
My work days are always fun, productive, and fast moving!
I have learned so much! I was Educated on laws and regulations related to privacy, How to design and maintain an access data base, responsibilities of administration, and so much more!
My Supervisor is very caring and inspirational, someone with a lot of knowledge and was willing to teach me everything I wanted to learn.
My Co-workers are fun, fantastic people, they come from all walks of life and we work very well together as a team!
The hardest part of the job is moving around to different states or even countries, especially with children.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I meet and get to work with!
Pros
Amazing people to work with.
Cons
We move around a lot and are not in one place for our children.
Good overall company
Senior Civil/Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 3, 2016
Lauren cares about their employees and works hard to create a good environment. The management structure is a little stiff, not a lot of opportunity to advance.
Pros
Great work hours, great benefits
Cons
In oil and gas industry
Great Company Values and Great People to work with
Sr. Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 28, 2016
Pay was not the best but after working contract I was happy to go on perm because my managers were great and I really loved my co-workers.

The hardest part of my job was that every client was different which made my responsibilities harder.

The only fall back was that decisions where made that did not help the company financially.
Pros
Christian Environment
Cons
Pay
Great company
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Donaldsonville, LAApril 20, 2016
Great company to work for, plenty of advancement chances. typical work day included driving the school bus to pick up employees
Poor communication from upper management to employee's
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Woods Cross, UTApril 20, 2016
I have only worked for Lauren on one project but I have been with them for almost 9 months and there have been many conversations with the employee's on this jobsite with myself and other foreman where they don't feel like there is a plan. No 3 week look ahead, or 2 week, most of the time not even 2 days. The company chose to use scare tactics instead of incentives to try to control the employee's and it exhausted any team work that would normally be on any jobsite.
Pros
The pay was decent but not the best.
Cons
Very poor communication from management. No organization.
High lay offs
E&I Technician (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMarch 30, 2016
high lay offs, even if the owner of the company boasts that they made 550 million last year, they still laid off many 2 weeks before Christmas. company is very religious based, and if you don't fall into their beliefs then your out
Pros
not many
Cons
prepare to be laid off
Had a great team that I worked with.
General Foreman/Manger (Former Employee) –  Donaldsonville, LAMarch 25, 2016
First thing in the morning went and received the sign in and time sheets. Then I prepared to have a tool box meeting with my crew and have a Safety meeting and what there task was. And all through the day monitor there work and make sure everyone was wearing there proper PPE.
Great environment
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKMarch 2, 2016
Lauren Engineers & Constructors have a great management staff who works hard to make sure that all employees needs are met. Great benefits. Loved being part of the Lauren team.
Pros
Amazing management & Benefits
Contract Work Term
General Foreman Electrical LOTO Coordinator (Current Employee) –  CF Industries Donaldsonville LaDecember 17, 2015
Great Company to work for although my fist experience outside of the plant I been working for 35 yrs not use to contract work lack of security of income. But love the job as a foreman with them.
High Stress Employer
Buyer III (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 25, 2015
This position was constantly forced to make procurement decisions without enough time to properly vet subcontractors, or suppliers. Engineering was not completed prior to construction start-up, and Procurement was never invited to the kick=off meetings, or consulted prior to contact acceptance or award. The job often required 12 hour work days with no consideration of holidays or vacation. The management constantly demanded results with unreasonable time constraints. The culture of the company is unstable, unhealthy, and constantly worried about being laid-off.
Pros
Benefits and free coffee
Cons
High stress environment and unstable employment
It is a good Construction Company to work for
Labor Foreman (Current Employee) –  Gonzales, LAOctober 31, 2015
I'm a Labor Foreman at CFI , for Lauren . Construction projects , I over see flagging and daily clean up everyday. I have same good co-workers. But the projects is coming to a end.
I learned to work in a fast pace enviornmrnt. Multi-task evert day on th job.
Field Service Clerk/ Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Woods Cross, UtahOctober 12, 2015
I was able to pull applications and review them. Sending back ground applications to potential employees .Holding orientations for employees. Revising W4,direct deposits, insurance benefits.
Pros
Being able to recruit a large number of eployees and making contact for future employment.
Cons
Better benefits, more pay for the responsibility that I aquired.
High Stress work environment due to incompetence
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Donaldsonville, LASeptember 9, 2015
Site Manager was too inexperienced for the project. The project was completely unorganized. The support organizations were not properly in place. Overall, it was the worst project experience of my career.
Very informative and learned alot!
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NMFebruary 13, 2015
I learned alot in this field of work, and i definitely would like to continue work with them. they are a very safe and caring job and i was taught alot by both older employees as well as managment.
A lot of new hires/a lot of layoffs
Construction (Former Employee) –  SeveralJanuary 22, 2015
Good company but do not expect a career with them. Decent pay,decent benefits, very little security.
Pros
family oriented, spiritually-based, decent pay, decent benefits
Cons
they change employees, like most people change underwear, do not count on them for a career no matter what they say because it is a lie
Great co-workers with management without proper knowledge in field.
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJanuary 2, 2015
Great company with terrible management, starting with the foreman always coming in while still intoxicated. Scaffolding superintendent in charge of pipe without the proper knowledge of the specific field.
Pros
great pay, benefits, and skilled labor
Cons
improper leadership and management
Productive and fun
Maintenance and Lead under Foreman (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TexasDecember 23, 2013
Fun and productive. While employed with Lauren I gained knowledge in basic skills for electricians. Management was friendly and fair and has the knowledge and skill to help their employees advance. Co workers were fun and enjoyable to be around. The hardest part of the job for me was getting up out of bed.
Good company for all trades within pipe industry
Combination Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMNovember 26, 2013
great company with lots of work, great pay and pretty understanding. Organized and doesn't demand ridiculous expectations
Pros
good working pace and works with people
Cons
no decent healthcare
Construction job, not a career company
hand (Former Employee) –  Graham, tx, el paso, tx, abilene, tx lovington, nmSeptember 27, 2012
Worked for them 80s and 90s. They seem to have forgotten the hands that got them where they are. Back when shutdowns and moving refineries across state lines were their line of work. Was sure hoping to jump on the band wagon when they moved to Abilene from Georgia. Just remember they are only as good as the paycheck you get. No loyalties to their money makers.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
not a longterm career with these folks....