LaVida Massage Employee Reviews

Love LaVida
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIFebruary 21, 2017
Great place to work for!! Management is great, and I love all my coworkers. Right place for you if you love customer service!
Fun relaxed environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MINovember 8, 2016
LaVida Massage is a great place to work! The environment is extremely relaxed. All of the employees are very nice and helpful. The management there is absolutely wonderful. They care about their employees & are very understanding!
Horrible, lies, and extremely petty
Massage Therapist esthectician (Former Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIAugust 9, 2016
20 per massage, no 20 per 75 mins. Expect to have your head filled with lies about how she is the best pays the most. No she pays per massage, my starting pay was 20 a client, seems outstanding. Look beyond that, I worked 8 hrs days but only booked max 6.5 hr worth of actual work, they say 75 minutes for each client with 55 mins of hands on. Toward the end of my time there is was only doing 5.5 hrs worth of work in an 8 hrs day, averaged out to 13.75 an hour. She DOESNT pay for no shows, she charges 25 for a no show but you do not see any of that. She expects you to not take a break for lunch and moans when you want one. Or she will put it at the end of your day so you are working non stop.....Ish. she CHARGES you if you do not do S.O.A.P notes. The place is nasty dirty, dust everywhere. She always tell everyone how broke she is. She doesn't value her staff at all, she see us as a dime a dozen. The esthetics room is not even up to state code bc she doesn't want to fork out the money to make it such. She thinks bc she pays 20 an massage you owe her everything. It takes 4 months to get anything accomplished. Horrible to the clients if she doesn't like them. Her management doesn't want to deal with anything so her famous line is "not my problem" DOESNT PAY FOR TRAINING, AT ALL. IT'S AGAINST THE LAW. She is a piece of work thays for sure
Pros
Other therapist and front desk girls.
Cons
MANAGEMENT, OWNER, PAY, WORKING CONDITIONS
I loved my time with Lavida
CLINIC MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 7, 2016
This was the best opportunity I had for growth and development in the career I wanted. I peaked out the opportunities I had there which is why I had to move forward but it holds a special place in my heart.
Massage Therapist (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, MINovember 17, 2016
LaVida in Clarkston, MI was a great place to work. The environment was very relaxed and all of the staff was easy going. The owner/manager was understanding about Massage Therapists needs and was willing to be flexible with schedules. She cared about her employees and wanted to make sure they were successful.
Great experience
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  League City, TXJanuary 4, 2017
The atmosphere was great, but it was a new company so that came with its own sets of challenges. Your experience solely relys on who the owners are, and mine were great.
Great, friendly and convenient place to work.
Front Desk(Receptionist) (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 29, 2016
I love working for LaVida, it has been a great learning experience and also is the first job I've had that I actually enjoy. I've learned more about massage and also have worked more with computers. I've only worked retail before this job and I've got to say that it is much better than the previous jobs.
Good work
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARSeptember 14, 2016
LaVida has a steady flow of clientele to keep you busy. Good managers and coworkers. Nice clean well kept Facility. And Flexible with some schedules.
Pros
Steady Cliently
dead end drama management
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Carrollwood, FLNovember 13, 2013
When I was interviewed for this position, management told me on my down time I would make minimum wage, after a couple of paychecks I realized I wasn't receiving my "down time" pay. When I asked about the pay I was told I would only get the wages if I didn't commission out??? I was still expected to do laundry, dust, and clean bathrooms on my "down time" on a daily basis. I only received commission on the massage services I did, no commission pay for any cleaning or other duties that were assigned. No room for advancement. All of the employees run there mouths about each other, lots of "talking behind backs"
Pros
starting LMT good to get experience
Cons
gossiping employees and management, no pay for doing laundry and cleaning, low commission on services provided.
Excellent
Owner Operator/Manager (Former Employee) –  Ferndale, MIJanuary 20, 2016
Great Atmosphere, Friendly Service, and always a great place to go. Would recommend this place to everyone. Staff and Management always very efficient and friendly to work with.
Will never work for this place again
Receptionist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILJune 3, 2015
LaVida is a great place to work at with the workflow, responsibility and duty. It's more than a receptionist job, it's pretty much a sales job to get people to sign up for memberships to compensate for the amount of money being put out for advertisement. High customer service skills is required with the amount of face to face interaction and time spent on the phone.

The only gripe I had with the place is my manager, she was condescending, unprofessional and talked to me in a shaming way.

Training is not paid for until 90 days afterwards, which is unfortunate. There are no lunch breaks since the receptionist is the only person at the front.

A typical day for the spa duties include: assigning rooms to the massage therapists, scheduling appts, taking payments, keeping up with cleanliness of each massage room, counting the cash drawer and front petty cash, scanning intake forms and answering the phone.

Although my employment there was short lived, I did learn a lot with front desk skills that usually aren't dished out unless you have a degree of some sort. Which is probably why the position starts at minimum wage.

This place is a great way to start any front desk career or sales. Just wish it had better management.
Cons
no breaks
Good company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIFebruary 1, 2014
I learned more from lavida than any school could have taught me. The owner was more than a boss, he is a friend to his employees. I got promotions and raises according to my performance which were fair. The staff is like a big family which helps the company run smoothly and keeps clients coming back. They do a good job at retaining their staff long term.
Pros
free monthly massages and flexible hours
Cons
no insurance
Good place to start
MASSAGE THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAJune 8, 2013
LaVida kindly builds in 15 minutes between sessions, which is great. Unfortunately, the pay is too low for someone living on one's own and supporting oneself, and there is no room for promotions or adequate raises. There is also no reward for maintaining a recurring clientele. Regardless, it is a good place to gain experience with all types of clients.
decent pay but owners take advantage
Front Desk, sales associate (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJuly 9, 2014
pushed constantly to be pushy about memberships even though it is supposed to be "no pressure" for the client. Sales are fairly easy but get scorned at if one is not made. Owners are also the managers but rarely ever there to actually see what goes on. Lots of He said She said. Co workers are friendly get to see new faces everyday. Front desk people end up being responsible for entire store including doing laundry and being left completely alone in store, rarely get breaks, management shows up to open and close doors. Hours get cut, and given to newer employees, if you cover a shift they will expect it from you every other time with as little as 3 hours notice.
Pros
decent pay, meet new people
Cons
lunch breaks are rare even during a 8 hour shift, schedule not well worked with
Busy workplace
Massage Therapist / Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, MIApril 29, 2013
It's busy, which is great for the massage industry. Management needs work, as well as offering new services. Also no benefits.
Productive and great clientel
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington Twp and Rochester Hills, MIDecember 27, 2014
I really like this job. It's personable with clients, engaging, and satisfying. I've also learned quite a lot. The only thing I don't like is the management. I feel as if I'm being talked about behind my back a lot. (as I hear from my coworkers) and when I am confronted about a situation, I feel attacked. It's unprofessional and just plain rude.
Pros
nice coworkers, free massage once a month, awesome atmosphere
Cons
management
Wasnt my favorite job.
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 14, 2015
The pay was not competitive enough and the staff seemed to play favorites with the therapists. Not welcoming or inviting. A fairly new business with room to improve in customer service and support of staff members and therapists. Front desk was unprofessional.
A fun envirnment that allows therapists independence and flexibilty with their craft.
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 9, 2013
I enjoy working at La Vida Massage and I'm opening new doors to enhance my career working with and helping people in the Human Resouce field or Massage and wellness industry.
Pros
Weekly massages
Cons
no health insurace and full time hours are not available
Relaxing place but drama lies inside
Reception/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 29, 2014
Loved the company and the people I worked with! However, the manager relied on me one too many times for advice on how to be a manager and the store manager was never kind nor helped clients.
Pros
Relaxing scents and selling memberships
Cons
drama from the management where she emailed us from home
Clean, Accomodating, and Relaxing Environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 3, 2013
Lavida massage is a fantastic place to work! The owner has the biggest heart and is understanding. The hours are great and the pay is always negotiable. Very respectable place to work for!
Pros
awesome staff and management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LaVida Massage. Our community is ready to answer.