LaVida Massage Employee Reviews

I am blessed!
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, GANovember 8, 2017
I have the opportunity to work with a lovely group of individuals. All of their smiles brighten my day. I enjoy working with each of my clients, and providing the skills and knowledge I have to help aid them to recovery, and keep them there. It's been a very rewarding opportunity for me.
Pros
15 min down time between clients
Cons
We need more tacos in the break room :-)
Great working environment for a massage therapist
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, GANovember 8, 2017
Great working environment. Management is top notch, supportive and caring. All the therapists are compassionate and competent . Most often my schedule is completely booked. I love working at LaVida.
Pros
don't have to manage my own schedule
Cons
can't think of one
Learning experience
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 8, 2017
I loved working there, it's fast paced and keeps you on your toes, you have a variety of clientele, you can set you own limits, and you have ability to grow
Pros
Experience
Cons
Fast pace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Orion, MINovember 6, 2017
As a long term employee I feel the owner has always been fair to myself and to her many other employees as well as the clients. Most days are very calming and relaxing for the therapists as well as the front desk staff.

We are all given a paid vacation, safe and clean environment in which to work and time off requests are mostly granted.

All in all a great, upbeat and positive place to work.
Pros
Great people
family friendly
Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 25, 2017
love working here everyone works hand in hand and they were willing to work around my life due to me being a single parent very organized business very clean
Lavida Massage is an ok place to work at for a franchise
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GA 30120August 22, 2017
It is just that a franchise massage place. There is no real advancement. and definitely no benefits to speak of. So if a massage therapist wants to go burn out this is where they should work.
Pros
steady pay check with nice clientel
Cons
no real advancement
October 12, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. We value all input and are constantly looking for ways to grow. Please feel welcome to email any further concerns to info@lavidamassage.com.

Sub-par
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 10, 2017
The owners of this establishment do not value their employees.The wage is not livable and there is no room for advancement. The clients are rarely satisfied with their experience.
October 12, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are constantly striving to bring the best for our staff and clients. We value your input. Please feel welcome to email any further concerns to info@lavidamassage.com.

Not a bad place for a franchise spa.
LEAD MASSAGE THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  West Seattle, WAJuly 11, 2017
Management makes all the difference at a corporate spa. One location can be great and the next can be miserable, all based on management. My experience was pretty great, but speaking to my former coworkers, apparently that changed in the time after I left.

Be sure you speak to employees of the spa away from the business before taking a job. It will give you a much better picture of what your day to day will look like.
Pros
Pto, Flexible Schedule
Cons
Short breaks, Heavy physical demand
October 12, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. Your advice and expertise are very appreciated! We are constantly looking for ways to grow. Please feel free to email any further comments to info@lavidamassage.com.

Horrible company
Spa receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJune 29, 2017
Horrible company , they don't value their employees or clients. All about $$$, very high turn over. They never had a manager and they will ask you to do management work and not pay for it.
Pros
Cons
Everything you can think of
Lavida
Lead Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 29, 2017
It was a pleasure to work at Lavida Massage and gain experience as a massage therapist. It taught me to be a great therapist over the years that I worked there.
Ethical and Professional Leadership
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAJune 5, 2017
I cannot say enough good things about the franchise owners of LaVida Massage, Johns Creek, GA location.

I have been in the healing arts for 21 years & I have NEVER worked with individuals so ethical and upstanding.

The entire year and a half that I was employed I had schedule changes and things come up personally that forced me to care for my body and my family, working less than I really wanted to.
They were always understanding and accommodating, promoting self-care for all the staff and helped all of us with a healthy life / family / work balance with a very professional approach.

They were always fair in scheduling and always cared for their staff first as opposed to a focus on profit.
They are respectful to the therapists and never try to push anyone into a state of burn-out or over-working.

This team has a great approach and focuses on quality rather than quantity and it shows in their consistent repeat clientele, membership and following. I would gladly work here again if I had the chance.
Pros
Compensation, Self-care offerings, discounts on retail items & services
Cons
Do not apply to work here!
Massage Therapist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 29, 2017
The owner of this particular Lavida Massage is a CROOK! Management has zero loyalty to the staff. The staff turn over rate is ridiculous, they are constantly hiring new people. They can't get anyone to stay and complain about the people that interview, like they are the problem. Do yourself a huge favor and stay away. The management team are liars & work hard at doing nothing...daily!
Pros
Free water from the water fountains.
Cons
They work the MT like they are robots.

LaVida Massage
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 20, 2017
I love working here. The people are nice and the work environment is soothing. The only thing that discourages me as I work here, is that there is a lack of appreciation for work done as well as a lack for advancement. I am currently trying to move up but I doubt I will be able to.
It's okay
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 1, 2017
It varies day to day. Some days are fast paced with lots to do others are super slow and boring. My manager is a nice guy, but the pay is a joke. Overall it's a good starting place but don't expect a long term career
Pros
Discounted massages
Cons
No breaks, clients can be very rude, low pay
Awesome place to be a massage therapist!
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 15, 2017
It's wonderful work environment. Management respects therapists working here allowing us to be therapist first without sales quotas, extra housekeeping duties or overbearingly tight time demands. The 15 minute switchover between sessions makes for a relaxed therapist when the next client arrives! The front desk staff works to understand what we do and find the appropriate therapist to best meet the client's expectations. Usually, they keep my schedule full - mostly with clients seeking the type of therapy I love to do. On the downside, the company offers no benefits like paid vacation, health insurance, 401k plans, etc. Management does bring in outside agents to assist employees in meeting these goals. And the 15-minute switchover does reduce your potential sessions and hence potential income. They do provide free lotions, sheets, and reimburse for License renewal and CEUs
Pros
Relaxing, healthy work environment.
Cons
Lack of benefits
Great Work Environment & People
Front Desk Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAMarch 14, 2017
Lavida Massage of Johns Creek provides a great working environment. The training for the front desk position was great when first hired and continues as technology changes. Management is always around as they are very hands on. I love the perks of a free massage each month. The therapist that I work with are all very skilled which makes my job of booking clients much easier. I love working at Lavida Massage.
Pros
Free Massages, Naturally peaceful work environment
I loved every minute of it
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 6, 2017
I only left because the commute proved to be to great for my car. I loved everything about LaVida Massage. The coworkers, the environment, the location. If I could get back there I would!
Love LaVida
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIFebruary 21, 2017
Great place to work for!! Management is great, and I love all my coworkers. Right place for you if you love customer service!
Great experience
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  League City, TXJanuary 4, 2017
The atmosphere was great, but it was a new company so that came with its own sets of challenges. Your experience solely relys on who the owners are, and mine were great.
Massage Therapist (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, MINovember 17, 2016
LaVida in Clarkston, MI was a great place to work. The environment was very relaxed and all of the staff was easy going. The owner/manager was understanding about Massage Therapists needs and was willing to be flexible with schedules. She cared about her employees and wanted to make sure they were successful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LaVida Massage. Our community is ready to answer.