This role will ensure compliance with our client's corporate policies, provide support to the business group’s contractual obligations to its customers and suppliers, and serve as an invaluable resource to the Contract Manager related to the administration and management of the business group’s contracts, legal documents, and other pertinent related documents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Contract Manager with contract review on commercial and legal issues (customer terms and conditions, confidentiality agreements, independent sales representative and distributor agreements, purchase and sale agreements, et al.).
- Analyzing, coordinating, and preparing contracts for data entry while maintaining workflow schedules and performance standards for all aspects of the contract lifecycle.
- Extensive utilization of the contracting management system, including, but not limited to, following defined workflow processes for timely loading and filing (electronic and paper) of contracts, legal documents, and other pertinent related documents, and ensuring electronic and paper files are complete in accordance with the Contract Management Group’s policies.
- Interface and extend ad-hoc support to external and internal clients in Sales, Finance, Accounting, Customer Service, Marketing, Quality & Regulatory, Innovation, Engineering, Operations, and Human Resources departmental functions (mid and executive level) related to contractual and legal requests.
- Ensuring contracts are properly executed in accordance with the business group and Corporate’s reservations of authority.
- Assisting in establishing key contract management process improvements and standardization efforts.
- Provide analysis of data in contract management system to Contract Manager, as requested.
- Assist with the administration and management of the Contract Management Group SharePoint site and ensuring that the most current contract management policies and procedures, workflows, forms, and templates are accessible to business group associates.
- Prepare monthly reports providing analysis of contracts and legal documents maintained by the Contract Management Group.
- Coordinate, process, and manage certificates of insurance requests.
- Assist in the maintenance of the various filing systems within the Contract Management Group.
- Maintain project files in an organized and accessible manner to include updating, purging, and creating new filing systems as needed.
- Other Duties as assigned by Management.
- Travel, as required (~15%)
- Construction or municipality experience preferred. * Substantive legal knowledge and understanding of contracts. * Enthusiastic team player, but also capable of working independently. * Strong computer skills, including an advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word 2010, Excel 2010, and PowerPoint 2010 applications; proficient typing and keyboard skills. * Excellent analytical, communication, written, and interpersonal skills. * Superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
Indeed - 10 months ago