As a Benefits Underwriter, you will be an integral part of our dynamic and growing Benefits team which provides underwriting and financial support to Benefit Consultants, Client Relationship Managers and Account Executives, including coordination of provision of financial analysis, clinical analysis and reporting. Perform underwriting and financial analysis functions and reports as well as overseeing coordination of claims analysis and prescription drug self-funding. Assure contribution analysis is complete, accurate and timely and assist in the development of renewal recommendations.
- Pertinent knowledge of group insurance products and services
- Relevant understanding of insurance documents
- Life Accident & Health License; Insurance designations preferred
- Extensive computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft office; Salesforce experience preferred
- Operational background with a strong ability to prioritize, plan and problem solve in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and multi-task abilities; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Results-oriented and resourceful. Willingness to pursue continuing education
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on meeting expectations and requirements of both internal partners and external customers
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, fast paced environment with significant telephone and personal disruption
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude, express enthusiasm and be flexible
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables
- Appropriately attired for a professional office environment
- Compatible with other employees, ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Minimum of three (3) months in a similar or related position
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Economics, Accounting, Business or Finance
Please confidentially contact Kim Navagh, Talent Acquisition Manager.
Additional information regarding qualifications and applying is on our website, www.lawleyinsurance.com.
Indeed - 16 months ago
Lawley Benefits Group is a customer-centric benefits broker and consulting firm. We believe in working closely with our clients to...