Lawndale Christian Health Center Employee Reviews in United States

overall great teaching place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2016
1. A typical day at this location was warm and holistic We started each day with a prayer.
2. I learned just about everything I know from Lawndale Christian Health Center this was my hands on experience
3. My co-workers were awesome we still keep in touch
4. The hardest part of this job was a lot of irate patients. This location is in a poverty stricken neighborhood that demanded a great deal of care.
5. The most enjoyable party of this job was the prayer every morning
Pros
prayer
Cons
the pay
stepping stone overall great experience to work for God.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2015
unprofessional when it comes to handling altercations between two employees. Poor management and poor pay. What I did love about once working here was the patients, I got attached to them.
Pros
patients, the work, making a difference, Co workers.
Cons
poor management, hypocritical employees.
Wholistic service
Maternal Child Health Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2015
A typical day at Lawndale Christian Health Center is constant change for the employees and clients/patients.I learned how to serve many cultures in the workplace and inside the home. My gift of building relationships was enhance by the opportunities given to me.
Pros
Excellent Benifits
Cons
Mostly funded by grants
productive, was able to learn and improve all my working skills
Maternal Child Health Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2015
Nice environment to work at, co-worker especially supervisor were very welcoming and helpful. This job helped me improve all my learning skills and was able to apply all my learning as well,
Pros
Great environment, equal treatment to all staff
Cons
N/A
Good start in fitness
Fitness Floor Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2015
Overall, a decent place to start out at. I started here during college and worked full time for a year after graduation. It is a very entry level job with good benefits. Great fitness center staff and health center staff. However, if you are looking for job growth go elsewhere. you will not be able to grow professionally without having to stay here for years.
Pros
Great staff, good food at meetings and solid mission.
Cons
Low pay, no career growth, and managers who work employees
productive and fast past environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2015
I loved working here until the wrong managers became apart of operations and too many changes are not always good or best when inexperienced candididates try to run an organization.
Pros
location and hours of operations
Cons
Short staffed often.
Great learning opportunities
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2015
Best doctors by far. Professional and showing love to patients with prayer as well as medical help. Fun loving staff and in office referrals.
Fast pace clinic with helpful teams
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2014
Lawndale Christian Health Center is a great place to work. It is diverse, flexible, and has great opportunity to learn and cross train if you're willing to put yourself out there. The management and fellow colleagues are helpful and friendly, they treat you like family. It is a busy, fast pace clinic, with plenty of patients. Some day are hectic, but manageable.
Productive and Spiritual Environment
medical and lab assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2013
A typical day at LCHC is pretty busy. I deal with multicultural co workers as well as patients. We not only specify in patient care but we also pray and minister with our patients which is very important in my eyes. When patients come to our facility they feel loved from the greeter to the provider. Management works really hard to make sure all their employees are seen as equals, working in the same enviroment, promoting the same mission. I love what I do at this facility. I can truly say its home away from home.
Pros
worship and praise, fulltime and benefits
an encouraging and productive workplace facility.
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  chicago. il 60623June 20, 2013
lawndale christian health center is a very great place to work. the workflow is very steady , sometimes very challenging and busy. i have learned many things from Lawndale. i went form medical assistanting to assisting a surgery and to phlebtomy. i ahve worked for lawndale for right years and my experience here has been wonderfu. the hardest part of my job was when there was not enough coverage.but i enjoyed the patients and the fellowship with my coworkers.
Pros
free lunch, staff outings
Cons
short breaks or no breaks, short staff and double shiftd
casemanager II, casemanage 150 teen momsand their infants, in the field and in the clinic.
Case manager II (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 23, 2013
typical day at work at is working with patients in the clinic and on certain days in the field. learn to work with pregnant teenagers. Manage a case load of 150 pregnant moms. Co- workers work as a team together. The hardest part of the job is getting patients to keep appointments, and sometimes getting into their homes.
The most enjoyable part is teaching the teens how to care for their babies. Helping them work through crisis.
Pros
working with teemagers
Cons
sometimes long hours/ heavy case load/
Excellent
Managed Care Referrals Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2012
Responsible for managing 500+ HMO patients; network with 40+ Providers to coordinate the most appropriate care for patients based on need and insurance-coverage; Work with Non-HMO patients in certain situations to refer to service; Provide customer service to patients which includes, but is not limited to appointments, ordering durable medical equipment, and obtaining the appropriate approval from insurance companies for health related issues; Bill and code claims; Track and file referrals into the Managed Care database; ICD-9 and CPT coding
Positive place to work
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 5, 2012
At LCHC a typical day at work was wonderful. We seen 15-20 patients a day and I stayed busy.
I learned how to multitask without feeling overwhelmed.
The management was easy to go to if I had a problem and they worked well with rising situations.
The hardest part of the job was getting to know how each individual doctor worked. Once I was able to figure out how each one liked to work it became easier.
I loved the family atmosphere that the staff had and how they all look after one another.
Excellent healthcare facility
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2015
Great healthcare facility to work for on the near west side of Chicago in the Lawndale community. The employees give 100% of themselves to their patients.
Strong mission and company.
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2012
Lawndale provides a valuable service to an underserved neighborhood in a way that bridges cultural divides. People that work there are there to serve and sometimes sacrifice higher pay or comforts to be able to help a struggling neighborhood. Professional and caring company.
Great Christian Environment
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 28, 2013
If you are looking for a place to grow in your Christian faith why working towards helping the community, LCHC is a great place to be. LCHC has a great group of staff the care for each other and the mission. We, pray, and work together.
Very friendly work place,
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IllinoisJanuary 16, 2012
The experience at Lawndale Christian Health Center is that the Dr's and other employers were very friendly, they all seemed to have a desire to give the upmost care, services and attention they can give to all of their patients
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2014
I loved working here, at times people were ignorant, the customers were moody and inpatient. But co-workers were fun and the atmosphere was great, made great friends.
Pros
50% discount lunches
Cons
short breaks, long hours, not great pay
Great organization to work for!
Case Manager/ Maternal Child Health (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2013
Lawndale is a wonderful organization to work for. The Mission is Christian based and is truly centered around excellent patient care.
Pros
free medical care
Cons
long hours, heavy patient caseloads
great atmosphere
Medical/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2013
not too busy some days. co workers are great. management is cool. they are flexible with your schedule. if you are in school, they will work around your school schedule.

4.2