Lawndale Christian Health Center Employee Reviews

Rewarding work and incredible staff
Family Case Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2017
Lawndale Christian Health Center goes above and beyond for their community and their clients. I loved how several of the providers and other LCHC staff also lived within the community. When I joined the team everyone was genuine, kind and helped me in any way they could. The hardest part of the job is managing the extensive caseloads and balancing the pace of the clinic. The most enjoyable part of the job is how rewarding it is to work directly with children and families to improve birth outcomes and create brighter futures. LCHC also has a great management team that offers critical and beneficial supervision.
Smiles around the World
Dental Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2017
I had a wonderful time working with Lawndale Christian Health Center as an dental intern. Everyone was nice, relaxed and hardworking. Everyone want to make sure the clients was happy with their finished work.
Spiritually nurturing environment
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2017
I worked at Lawndale a total of 10 years and my only complaint is that it had an environment which encouraged working and doing for others to the point of burnout . That's what ended up happening to me but I did learn to set my limits in future jobs.
Pros
Christian love and supportive of innovation .
Cons
Can feel used up working there.
Great work place but very low pay.
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2017
I love my job at Lawndale but the pay is very low I could barely pay my bills. This is a workplace full of love and puts god first. We pray before work and mostly everyone here is very nice and respectful but the pay is not enough for my bills and my family. I would love to be a part of Lawndale Christian health center but its too stressful trying to work here and pay all my bills and support my family.
Pros
Great Godly place to work
Cons
Low pay
Very Diverse
Human Resources Credentialing Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2017
Lawndale Christian Health Center is a diverse and friendly environment. I've learned to have an open-mind and to be a good team player. The most enjoyable part of the job is praying with patients/staff when needed.
First Career Opportunity
Phlebotomist/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2017
This was my first career opportunity and it was a good place to start and I learned a lot. I enjoy working with people and learning new skills to advance my career opportunities.
Making everyday a productive day
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2017
On a typical day at work I assisted a Physician with greeting, vitaling, and rooming patients. I assisted the with Physician with any minor procedures done in the Doctor's office, etc. During the time I have been in the market i have learned to interact with patients under any circumstance, whether or not a patient was having a good day or a bad day. If the patient was not having a good day, I always found a way to ease the patient by offering further assistance. I always managed my time wisely, if there was a very slow day in the medical office I made sure all my rooms where properly stocked, or I would make confirmation calls for follow-up appointments, answer the phone, schedule appointments, etc. I have always tried to be help out mu co workers by simply covering lunches, helping out with vitaling their patients, setting up for upcoming procedures. The hardest part of my job would be trying to please a Physician, because I have worked with many Doctor's in the past I have experienced that each doctor has their own technique of getting things done. so my hardest thing to do is to get used to each and every Physicians customs. The most enjoyable part of the job would be interacting with my patients because i get to learn something new everyday.
great company to work for
Environment of Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago . Il North Lawndale communityJanuary 5, 2017
very Diverse company, great place to work if you have no work experience and are new to the job market and are young. requires little education. Great place to be of service. In the heart of North Lawndale community.
Pros
great neighborhood and great location
Cons
must know how to be very submissive and be molded to what others think of you
Lawndale is a friendly yet faith based organization that allows you to grow in the love of God
Test Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 14, 2016
A typical day for me in my line of work consist of going out into communities to educate on and test 7 to 8 individuals for HIV and issue condoms to everyone I encounter. As well as to link those positive to care as well as help those not infected to maintain a normal and healthy lifestyle by providing information and resources to those in need of such assistance. From my co-workers, I learned to have patience and conversate without displaying emotions. the hardest part of this job is to get individuals to test as well as listen to the prevention education. the most enjoyable part of this job is when I connect someone to care as well as provide helpful information and resources to help them grow a whole and overcome barriers throughout life
Pros
i learned to be considerate and mindful when dealing with a diverse population.
Cons
not being able to obtain a full time position with this organization
Good stepping stone
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2016
Okay place. It was nice to be able to pray and work, but Lawndale exceeds at getting by on the bare minimum. Promoted staff are not properly trained which is dangerous when they are now supervisors, HR is a joke- the entire department is incompetent from the director down- and there is a clear divide between senior leadership and front line staff. Get your experience and leave.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay, Poor management
Great Enviornment, Horrible Management
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2016
Lawndale gives you a platform to minister to patients, pray with co workers, and have them pray for you. The patients are aggressive but that's any clinic you'll work for. Management is the absolute worse. And the pay is horrible, but you'll gain the experience you need to get of there, and advance with another company.
overall great teaching place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2016
1. A typical day at this location was warm and holistic We started each day with a prayer.
2. I learned just about everything I know from Lawndale Christian Health Center this was my hands on experience
3. My co-workers were awesome we still keep in touch
4. The hardest part of this job was a lot of irate patients. This location is in a poverty stricken neighborhood that demanded a great deal of care.
5. The most enjoyable party of this job was the prayer every morning
Pros
prayer
Cons
the pay
productive, was able to learn and improve all my working skills
Maternal Child Health Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2015
Nice environment to work at, co-worker especially supervisor were very welcoming and helpful. This job helped me improve all my learning skills and was able to apply all my learning as well,
Pros
Great environment, equal treatment to all staff
Cons
N/a
Wholistic service
Maternal Child Health Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2015
A typical day at Lawndale Christian Health Center is constant change for the employees and clients/patients.I learned how to serve many cultures in the workplace and inside the home. My gift of building relationships was enhance by the opportunities given to me.
Pros
Excellent Benifits
Cons
Mostly funded by grants
Good start in fitness
Fitness Floor Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2015
Overall, a decent place to start out at. I started here during college and worked full time for a year after graduation. It is a very entry level job with good benefits. Great fitness center staff and health center staff. However, if you are looking for job growth go elsewhere. you will not be able to grow professionally without having to stay here for years.
Pros
Great staff, good food at meetings and solid mission.
Cons
Low pay, no career growth, and managers who work employees
productive and fast past environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2015
I loved working here until the wrong managers became apart of operations and too many changes are not always good or best when inexperienced candididates try to run an organization.
Pros
location and hours of operations
Cons
Short staffed often.
Great learning opportunities
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2015
Best doctors by far. Professional and showing love to patients with prayer as well as medical help. Fun loving staff and in office referrals.
Excellent healthcare facility
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2015
Great healthcare facility to work for on the near west side of Chicago in the Lawndale community. The employees give 100% of themselves to their patients.
Fast pace clinic with helpful teams
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2014
Lawndale Christian Health Center is a great place to work. It is diverse, flexible, and has great opportunity to learn and cross train if you're willing to put yourself out there. The management and fellow colleagues are helpful and friendly, they treat you like family. It is a busy, fast pace clinic, with plenty of patients. Some day are hectic, but manageable.
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 29, 2014
I learned alot and gained alot of expereince working for this organzation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lawndale Christian Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Lawndale Christian Health Center Reviews by Location