Lawnwood Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Lawnwood Pavilion Rehabilitation Center
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLOctober 16, 2015
Nice place to work with supportive management. Teamwork a high priority. Moto: Patients come first. Offers the opportunity to hone skills and develop new skills.
Talented preceptors
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLSeptember 28, 2015
Busy hospital with excellent preceptors. Learned alot. Opportunities for advancement with supportive staff. Co-workers were supportive.
Pros
Great preceptors
Cons
High patient load
Telemetry professional.
Monitor Tech (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce Fl.September 5, 2015
As a Monitor Tech. my responsibilities include interpreting heart rhythm and reporting information to nurses and other supervisors and maintaining a professional demeanor.
Pros
Enjoy hospital setting.
Very busy place to work.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FlAugust 25, 2015
Enjoyed my job as a labor and delivery nurse. I did not find management as supportive. My co workers were good to work with. Most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of my patients.
Pros
Worked nights which worked with my famly schedule.
Cons
No gowth/advancement
great company to grow and learn with.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJuly 23, 2015
A typical day at work consists of providing personal care for patients who are unable to do so themselves with protecting their privacy and integrity.
Excellent therapy staff
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJune 8, 2015
Very flexible and good learning environment for new grads. Have to work every other weekend. Choice of outpt, acute, peds and
inpatient rehab facility
Pros
good manager
Cons
wages
Great Place to Work
Security Director (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLMay 27, 2015
LRMC is a great place. Very friendly people. Administration is there for the staff. Normal day is busy, always busy. But that's one of the pros to working there. Being a Trauma Center brings new challenges everyday. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Always busy, great staff to work with, great benefits
Cons
The facility needs more education on providing sufficient employment towards their employee's. Needs more education on providing for their patients.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA/PCT) (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLApril 21, 2015
Worked with 18-20 patients daily, took vitals 3x per day, recorded I&O's, bathed, showered, changed patients, cleaned trays and rooms, repositioned, transferred, Blood Glucose testing 3x per day. I learned that this facility has RN's doing CNA jobs, such as emptying foley's and ostomies.
The most enjoyable part of the job......
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLFebruary 5, 2015
I enjoy being interactive with people. I have been in the medical field for about 18 years now.... And I love what I do and that's taking care of people and caring for them and there family members...
I loved this job.
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLSeptember 28, 2014
I had to quit because i got married to a man in the ARMY. We had to move to Alaska. I wish i could have stayed. I love this job it was the best job I have ever had. I would go back in a heartbeat. I was working doubles 7 days a week because we were short staffed but it was still great and the pay was wonderful.
Pros
everything was great
Cons
there was none
very hard and tiring
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJuly 4, 2014
mobile ultrasound is hard work and requires a lot of time and energy to travel from city to city and doing it on time to ensure that your prepared and ready for your patients
Pros
bonus
Cons
part time
great place to work
RRT (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJune 16, 2014
Hospital that delivers great care to the community. Teamwork is rewarded. Fast paced environment.
great working enviroment
Business Office Registrar (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJanuary 28, 2014
love working for a great company

need better benifits and more pay

overall great place to work
Hard work, great team and a wonderful learning environment.
ER, RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLSeptember 13, 2013
Working at Lawnwood was a wonderful learning experience for me. The patient population was extremely diverse with a lot of critical patients. The workload is heavy but manageable making the working team very close (when I worked there). There was typical hospital bureaucracy issues but definitely not the worst I every witnessed. The best part of the job was being part of a great team and knowing that you did the best you could do for a patient. The worst part of the job was the sometimes very heavy load during a busy day.
Pros
great team, learning environment
Cons
bureaucracy and heavy load.
Productive and fun co workers
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJune 11, 2013
I have worked at this hospital for a limited amount of time. The staff was great but the wokload is a bit excessive.
Pros
fun place
Cons
heavy load ow woek
Awesome place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 30, 2013
Great place to work, very busy environment, multi-tasking is the key of survival in a very demanding work place.
Productive Learning Environment
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLApril 27, 2013
A typical day at work involved answering 200-300 calls a day from patients in the hospital, their family members, nurses, physicians and other facilities needing to be transferred in and out.

Since working there I have learned a lot about hospital operations and different systems used to notify hospital staff of codes and situations.

The hardest part of the job is getting attached to patients and they pass away.

The most enjoyable is the great people and staff there.
Pros
free lunches/ great benefits/ friendly environment
Cons
n/a
Would be a great place to work but...
PCT (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce FLFebruary 1, 2013
I love my job. Different challenge every day. Honest opinion: But the amount of work as a nursing assistant far exceeds the amount of work at other places in my 10+ yrs of experience. And I agree with the user below. Management need lots and lots of work. They treat their employees very infairly and unfortunately there's nobody to report this to since management is who you have to go to. Something needs to be done and I hope soon. Too many hard workers, not enough praise. Too many good workers come and go because of mistreatment by the staff. Once things improve, I promise. I will give a better rating. That's if I stay there any longer :-/
Pros
good hours, flex schedule
Cons
benefits aren't that great
It's a great place to work!
Unit Secretary, EKG Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLSeptember 26, 2012
I have enjoyed working at Lawnwood Regional Medical Center.
Great Co-workers
Laboratory Assistant/ Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce FloridaAugust 24, 2012
I love being a phlebotomist and working in a hospital. Everyday is different and most of the time you dont get the same patients. Management needs some work. They arent very fair. My co-workers for the most part are very team spirited and dont mind helping.