Lawnwood Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great Place to begin
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Ft. Pierce, FLFebruary 8, 2017
You learn a lot because of this being a trauma hospital. There are a lot of chiefs, not so many Indians. No benefits, you remain FT, but no benefits even if you offer to pay for them.

Management is good at listening, but slow to act. There are no pay raises no matter what. When you get FT your salary actually goes down.
If you enjoy working in a hospital environment then this hospital is a great place to work.
Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLFebruary 1, 2017
every day consists of a review of the emergency's, a follow-through of your assignments as they pertain to your work orders. I love learning the different methods and software's used by different faculties. although the management in this hospital has changed, I still believe they are getting it right. I love the workplace culture in hospitals which is unsurpassed by other establishments. to me the hardest part of the job is plumbing, although some may differ. the best part of the day comes when you are able to help people that are in need.
Pros
great location
Cons
a bit short staff
Loved the people.
Medical Tech (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJanuary 29, 2017
I enjoyed my travel assignment. I think that the managers were amazing and friendly. They work with your schedule and are straight forward. I don't think the employees have much option for advancement though. Probably a great place to start off or do a travel assignment at, or if you get hired in as a supervisor or want a tech position and that's enough. I would recommend this. Management does everything they can to help within their ability.
Pros
Management is good.
Cons
Unless hired for a higher position, hard to advance there.
I love the people I work with!
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLDecember 13, 2016
I've worked in two different departments at Lawnwood; Operating Room and Radiology. I love the staff I work around. Can be demanding, must be flexible.
First job as an RN
RN Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLOctober 3, 2016
Training was excellent!! Management was nurturing to new nurses and helpful. Will always remember this as one of my favorite places to work.
experiance
Respiratory therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJanuary 10, 2016
good experience working at Lawnwood learned great assessment skills and teamwork witch allowed me to be more component in my field
Pros
good food
Cons
some unhappy coworkers
Lawnwood Pavilion Rehabilitation Center
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLOctober 16, 2015
Nice place to work with supportive management. Teamwork a high priority. Moto: Patients come first. Offers the opportunity to hone skills and develop new skills.
Talented preceptors
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLSeptember 28, 2015
Busy hospital with excellent preceptors. Learned alot. Opportunities for advancement with supportive staff. Co-workers were supportive.
Pros
Great preceptors
Cons
High patient load
Telemetry professional.
Monitor Tech (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce Fl.September 5, 2015
As a Monitor Tech. my responsibilities include interpreting heart rhythm and reporting information to nurses and other supervisors and maintaining a professional demeanor.
Pros
Enjoy hospital setting.
Very busy place to work.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FlAugust 25, 2015
Enjoyed my job as a labor and delivery nurse. I did not find management as supportive. My co workers were good to work with. Most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of my patients.
Pros
Worked nights which worked with my famly schedule.
Cons
No gowth/advancement
great company to grow and learn with.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJuly 23, 2015
A typical day at work consists of providing personal care for patients who are unable to do so themselves with protecting their privacy and integrity.
Excellent therapy staff
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJune 8, 2015
Very flexible and good learning environment for new grads. Have to work every other weekend. Choice of outpt, acute, peds and
inpatient rehab facility
Pros
good manager
Cons
wages
Great Place to Work
Security Director (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLMay 27, 2015
LRMC is a great place. Very friendly people. Administration is there for the staff. Normal day is busy, always busy. But that's one of the pros to working there. Being a Trauma Center brings new challenges everyday. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Always busy, great staff to work with, great benefits
Cons
The facility needs more education on providing sufficient employment towards their employee's. Needs more education on providing for their patients.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA/PCT) (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLApril 21, 2015
Worked with 18-20 patients daily, took vitals 3x per day, recorded I&O's, bathed, showered, changed patients, cleaned trays and rooms, repositioned, transferred, Blood Glucose testing 3x per day. I learned that this facility has RN's doing CNA jobs, such as emptying foley's and ostomies.
The most enjoyable part of the job......
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLFebruary 5, 2015
I enjoy being interactive with people. I have been in the medical field for about 18 years now.... And I love what I do and that's taking care of people and caring for them and there family members...
I loved this job.
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLSeptember 28, 2014
I had to quit because i got married to a man in the ARMY. We had to move to Alaska. I wish i could have stayed. I love this job it was the best job I have ever had. I would go back in a heartbeat. I was working doubles 7 days a week because we were short staffed but it was still great and the pay was wonderful.
Pros
Everything was great
Cons
There was none
very hard and tiring
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJuly 4, 2014
mobile ultrasound is hard work and requires a lot of time and energy to travel from city to city and doing it on time to ensure that your prepared and ready for your patients
Pros
bonus
Cons
part time
great place to work
RRT (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJune 16, 2014
Hospital that delivers great care to the community. Teamwork is rewarded. Fast paced environment.
great working enviroment
Business Office Registrar (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJanuary 28, 2014
love working for a great company

need better benifits and more pay

overall great place to work
Hard work, great team and a wonderful learning environment.
ER, RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLSeptember 13, 2013
Working at Lawnwood was a wonderful learning experience for me. The patient population was extremely diverse with a lot of critical patients. The workload is heavy but manageable making the working team very close (when I worked there). There was typical hospital bureaucracy issues but definitely not the worst I every witnessed. The best part of the job was being part of a great team and knowing that you did the best you could do for a patient. The worst part of the job was the sometimes very heavy load during a busy day.
Pros
Great team, learning environment
Cons
Bureaucracy and heavy load.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lawnwood Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2