Lawrence & Memorial Hospital

Lawrence & Memorial Hospital United States Employee Reviews

Technician
Technician (Former Employee), New London, CTOctober 9, 2014
Good team building and good work place. Great feedback from ordering and interpreting doctors.
Busy Hospital with main area being the ED
Lead Technologist/Clinical Instructor (Current Employee), New London, CTAugust 20, 2014
High paced hospital setting. Start my day in the main department then move to the ED for second shift. We have two techs 3-11 and one 5-9. In addition to all ED patients we cover O.R., outpatients till 8pm and have in patients as ordered.
My current manager is very fair and easy to work with.
The co-workers on second work symbiotically and independently.
The hardest part of the job is exams being ordered incorrectly having had McKesson software just installed.
My favorite part of the job is direct patient care, working with the physicians to provide the best imaging quality for the patient as well as working with student technologist.
Great Summer Job
Beach Attendant (Former Employee), New London, CTJuly 16, 2014
It was a great summer job and excellent opportunity for daily interactions with patrons.
Excellent position and co-workers with hospital downsizing no job secutiry
Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee), New London, CTJune 27, 2014
Pros: benefits & camaraderie
Cons: hospital downsizing no job security
Typical day: Very busy.
What I learned: Additional skills achieved at Employee and Occupational Health.
Management: RN mentor was excellent and gave me confidence to do my job.
Your co-workers: Excellent and skilled in their profession, great to work with.
The hardest part of the job: Keeping up with workload.
The most enjoyable part of the job: Doing my job well and making the customer happy by meeting his/her needs.
VINDICTIVE MANAGEMENT, NONEXISTENT HR DEPT
LPN (Former Employee), PSYCHIATRYFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: some co-workers
Cons: management
ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE COMPANY TO WORK FOR. HUMAN RESOURCES PUTS OUT POLICIES AND DOES NOT FOLOW THEM. THREATS BY MANAGER NOT TAKEN SERIOUSLY, NO TRAINING GIVEN WHICH LED TO MANY MISTAKES THAT PTS NEVER KNOW ABOUT.WORST HOSPITAL IN THE AREA. TRIED TO PUNISH NURSES AND TECHS FOR STRIKING AND LOST. WHAT KIND OF CORPORATION ILLEGALLY LOCKS AN ENTIRE STAFF OF HUNDREDS OF NURSES AND TECHS OUT OF WORK. THAT SAID IT ALL.
Human Rescources/Past worker
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), New London, CT (Main Campus)February 17, 2014
Pros: when employed; co-workers, breaks when needed, insurance and most important is the knowledged i learned.
Cons: when employed; in specific situations no support from managment and most of all the union, especially when they were proven wrong!
I used to work at Lawrence & Memorial Hospital 5 years ago as a Registered Nurse (RN). I have been attempting to reapply to multiple positions that I am qualified for. When I was employed there I enjoyed working for this hospital, I learned so much and my co-workers at that time were very helpful and approchable as rescourses which also made the job as enjoyable as it could be! Management helped as much as possible, but in unfortunate circumstances I personally felt that when needed they are supposed to defend their staff (depending on the particular type of discipline), but in my case that was not the fact, to and including the Union, but again they do what is easier for them (even if they are proven to be wrong). I have been trying to return to work at this hospital again for multiple positions which I am qualified for, but I have not heard back from Human Rescources, I have called multiple times, including multiple times during the day and I have also sent an e-mail; This has been going on since November 2013 and I think this is absoluty unprofessional at least give an applicant an answer!
wonderful hospital
Staff LPN (Former Employee), New London, CTNovember 19, 2013
Pros: offer continuing ed courses to staff
Cons: no longer hiring lpns
I loved my time at L& M. I learned so much there. The staff is outstanding, work as a team and deliver quality care.
Project Analysis
Clinical Application Analyst (Current Employee), New London, CTNovember 17, 2013
Responsible for system changes to EMR which included template, medical billing and documentation.Assist troubleshooting with Vendor. Testing upgrades or patches. Main task is to implement Meaningful Use and PQRS. I communicate with IT staff, Physicians, Medical/clinical staff, financial staff or anyone needing assistance with EMR.
Adjunct Professor teaching medical terminology
Adjunct professor (Former Employee), New London, CTOctober 22, 2012
At Lawrence and Memorial Hospital I enjoyed teaching a smaller class of 12 students.