Lawrence & Schiller Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Professional, consumer respected company to work for
Art Department Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 1, 2012
Lawrence & Schiller was a place I always dreamed of working for. It was proof positive that I had made it, in my book, and others! in the Creative Industry. I learned everyday what it took to be a part of the team. Days were busy working on client projects yet when they were complete there were extreme busy and not. . . typical in the business. My co-workers were fun extremely talented artists. The hardest part of the job for me was the fact that I had just had a baby and while I enjoyed the work--it had to be finished so that the client could view it at their appointment. I had to choose to stay when she was home changing daily and that is when I decided to go back to college to learn how to teach graphics! I had a difficult time "quitting" because of the fact that it was such an accomplishment to be there.
Pros
surprise commissions--rare but did happen on occasion
Cons
younger people with "free-er" lifestyles that didn't always mesh with me
Good people but management skills are nonexistent
customer service (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 15, 2014
Great place to work for the first month then your boss will approach you and tell you all of the gossip going around about you and who said it. There really isn't any training and you are expected to work extreme hours for low pay. This job has nothing to do with your expertise or work ethic, but simply your ability to suck up to the right people. There is a low level of professionalism and a high level of immaturity. I would not suggest working here unless you are a recent college graduate that hasn't quite grown up yet.
Pros
several company paid social events
Cons
everything else
Very fun workplace environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 27, 2013
I loved the people I worked with, the work environment, and the clients that we served. I really enjoyed working there, was just having a very difficult troubled time with my ilttle boy and would like to have a second chance to prove that I can do it. I worked for Lawrence and Schiller for 2 years and was going through a really hard time at the end in November 2012.
Pros
have nice rewards/gift cards for working extra hours, potluck, learned alot of great information to carry on to the customer service field.
Cons
sometimes short breaks, short lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lawrence & Schiller. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5