Lawrence & Schiller Employee Reviews

L&s
Inbound/Outbound Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 8, 2016
At L&S I did not onl inbound calls but I also did outbound surveys. I was very fast paced and I enjoyed the work environment.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
It was always a seasonal job
Fun Employees; Lazy Executive Staff; Drama
Insights (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 3, 2016
I was looking forward to my employment at Lawrence & Schiller very much. This quickly came to an end when I started working there. The reputation of the company is that you work extremely hard and sometimes long hours - this is definitely not the case. Except in the case of maybe 4-6 employees, you will work a 40-45 hour week.

I'm rarely one to criticize executives since strategy and company development take an extreme amount of time, but the management of this company is the largest issue. The VP's are mainly a group of 'good old boys' who chat around the office and leave to go golfing at noon. It legitimately is the CEO's friends that he worked with. The toxic nature of this causes little advancement for talented employees. In fact, for the most part, the company allows advancement based on time - not skill, which really takes the motivation for hard work out of the picture.

There are some extremely talented and fun employees at this company, but sadly they will never reach their potential at this company. The talented employees will either become maxed out because the lazy VP's aren't going anywhere, or they will be smothered by the drama that takes place. It's a sad situation for a company that used to have such a great reputation.
Pros
Fun Employees, Creative Work
Cons
Poor Management, No Performance-based Advancement, Poor Communication
Good people but management skills are nonexistent
customer service (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 15, 2014
Great place to work for the first month then your boss will approach you and tell you all of the gossip going around about you and who said it. There really isn't any training and you are expected to work extreme hours for low pay. This job has nothing to do with your expertise or work ethic, but simply your ability to suck up to the right people. There is a low level of professionalism and a high level of immaturity. I would not suggest working here unless you are a recent college graduate that hasn't quite grown up yet.
Pros
several company paid social events
Cons
everything else
Professional, consumer respected company to work for
Art Department Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 1, 2012
Lawrence & Schiller was a place I always dreamed of working for. It was proof positive that I had made it, in my book, and others! in the Creative Industry. I learned everyday what it took to be a part of the team. Days were busy working on client projects yet when they were complete there were extreme busy and not. . . typical in the business. My co-workers were fun extremely talented artists. The hardest part of the job for me was the fact that I had just had a baby and while I enjoyed the work--it had to be finished so that the client could view it at their appointment. I had to choose to stay when she was home changing daily and that is when I decided to go back to college to learn how to teach graphics! I had a difficult time "quitting" because of the fact that it was such an accomplishment to be there.
Pros
surprise commissions--rare but did happen on occasion
Cons
younger people with "free-er" lifestyles that didn't always mesh with me

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lawrence & Schiller. Our community is ready to answer.

Lawrence & Schiller Reviews by Location