Lawrence General Hospital Employee Reviews

great place to work
Health Promotion/Wellness Intern (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAFebruary 14, 2017
People are very helpful and fun to work with. They take pride in working there. Being a non-profit organization works on lean management and thus workload sometimes can be hectic.
team work and guidance
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  lawernce massJanuary 25, 2017
organization, team work and gaining self-confidence and autonomy.
allowing to grow as nurse with supportive authority.
Pros
encouraging the growth and the learning with all employees
Cons
management not always productive listener
Fun learning experience
Patients Admissions (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJanuary 22, 2017
Love meeting new and different people everyday and helping them out as much as I can. All my coworkers are very helpful and nice. Liked working 40 hours.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJanuary 11, 2017
I hope to go back soon, I loved working there. All the staff were pleasant and hard working. I worked in the float pool and on R4 and loved it. I only left to get some critical care training.
Great place to work.
Chief Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MADecember 28, 2016
Excellent Management Team. Very professional atmosphere. I'm allowed to advance. The staff is very dedicated to putting patients first. The quality of care rivals that of the Boston hospitals.
Pros
Location.
Cons
None.
I have met some awesome people along the way
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MANovember 14, 2016
I have met some wonderful people along the way I have seen so many come and go but I must say my experience at Lgh has prepared me for what I am looking forward to the future
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
Lunch too short
busy but great
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MANovember 7, 2016
Wonderful place to work at. Wonderful experience seeing patients that come in with all different types of things. The management team and all coworkers are awesome. Sadly the department I work for is no longer part of Lawrence General.
urban community hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MASeptember 13, 2016
Typical night shift at LGH consists of managing care of 5-6 patients working alongside 4 or 5 nurses and 2-3 nursing assistants. There are plenty of opportunities to learn such as assisting patients with peritoneal dialysis treatments, g-tube feedings, and communicating with physicians and family members.
Understaffed and too much gossiping
HOST (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAAugust 28, 2016
The kitchen is full of gossiping. We r understaffed n overworked. We get written up when we call out for being sick so we have to work sick around the sick patients. Breaks are cut short n sometimes we skip breaks. Our raise in pay suck. When someone calls out, their job is then added to ours which makes it more stressful. Everyone complains about being overworked. We do get free meals and the present cook knows his thing.
Pros
we get free meals
Cons
Breaks are sometimes skipped
Nice Part-time job
Host / Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJuly 26, 2016
Everyone at Lawrence Hospital is very welcoming and kind. When I come in everyone is always in a good mood. The atmosphere is relaxed and sometimes tense depending on how many patients you have that day. Management tries very hard to here any concerns we may have and deal with them very efficiently. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with on occasion with ruddiness from people who think the Kitchen is their just to serve them and every single thing they want. Which is not the case and many people seem to forget their there to get better; not on vacation! People need to realize theres more things that we have to do then just what you are seeing.
Pros
Co-workers, Flexible hours
Cons
You may feel like walking out, Rude Patient, Inpatient Staff and Extra work that you might have to do on top of your normal work
fun workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJuly 14, 2016
regardless of some situations people may have with the hospital the kitchen is a place to work They are very understanding people and will train you until their best ability
Intern
Pediatric Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMay 31, 2016
Worked as a pediatric assistant and emergency room assistant as an unpaid internship for 150 hours each. Very enjoyable learning experience.
Productive, friendly enviroment
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 22, 2016
Great place to work but am looking to leave the state and move back to New York State.They're going through a change in management which has made the working environment. I've also been there over 10 years and have not seen a significant increase in pay.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
Salary Requirements
great place to work
Phlebotomy Tech (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJanuary 29, 2016
i like the work. Its a friendly and happy place. The patients are wonderful. All hours are great and flexible and meet good standards
Fast paced, friendly, team players, learn something new every day.
Medical Assistant (externship) (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJanuary 25, 2016
There is no typical day as far as not knowing what to expect when walking into work. Although, doing everything we have to do to help patients is what gets done. Everyday we learn something new from each other. It is a pleasure working with the management team. Any time I needed help or a hand with work or with a patient, there was always someone available to assist. The hardest part is going into work everyday not knowing what to expect. The most enjoyable part of the day is doing all possible to helping patients with the best care.
Excellent pay, good team work, revolving management
RN BSN (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MADecember 26, 2015
Staff RN for maternity/nursery unit. Working with other RN's who are passionate about the care of their patients with teamwork, high level of knowledge and experience. Management is reasonable but unfortunately no accountability for the changes they have imposed in the past and have been unwilling to listen to concerns. Assignments are fair. Patient population is multicultural and include many socioeconomic classes. Enjoy learning new medical information from interns at this teaching hospital.
Pros
Excellent pay, retirement and education benefits, excellent RN's to work with
Cons
Revolving management, Education teaching is lacking, healthcare benefits
I was a recep[tionist
Radiological Technician Student (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MANovember 14, 2015
I was trying to get into the xray program so I got ajob working in xray so I could meet the teachers and techs and learn what my future was going to hold. I nmeeded to put myself through chool so I wanted to make sure I new that what I was going to be paing for was what I wantyed to do. i worked om ,editecha n dleaned so so muc. I made 12 dollors an hous at 19 ND APPRECAITED THE JOB SO MUCH. A WHOLE FUTURE LAID RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. WHAT A HAHY TIME. i WEIGHT 140 AND i WAS 5'9 AT 19.
Pros
when your young you dream so big
Cons
when you do it allalone its so hard and you dont eat much cause you cant afford too.
fast paced medsurg floor
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MANovember 5, 2015
faced placed medsurg floor with a broad spectrum of diagnoses. great coworkers. management not very supportive of nurses
Pros
good pay
Cons
management not always supportive of staff. always extremely busy
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAAugust 30, 2015
Wonderful place to work, patients treated with passion, compassion and respect. Excellent benefits and management. Good educational opportunities
Amazing opportunities
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAAugust 21, 2015
The lab team were more like family than co workers. Management was very understanding and helpful. They would push employees to continue to further their education. Excellent communication with office staff throughout the different sites. Most enjoyable part was the points the employees would get for their hard work, making us feel appreciated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lawrence General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Lawrence General Hospital Reviews by Location