Lawrence General Hospital Employee Reviews

Poor work moral and poor leadership
System Support Specialist (Current Employee), Lawrence, MAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: If you live local the lack of a commute is a plus
Cons: Poor benefits and employee moral
Typical day is busy. Like most work places you meet good and bad co-workers. Lots of work to be done with a lot of hard working people. The lack of moral stems from top management down. Poor benefits and lack of hospital wide camaraderie. Meeting new people for the most part is a plus and in some ways the ability to learn from a different environment is always a plus. Potential is there to make a change of hospital moral, but new leadership is needed.
Nice Company
Operating Room Receptionist (Former Employee), Lawrence, MAJune 29, 2015
Nice place to work for. My boss was great! great work environment. new building. nice people. great doctors.new technology to work with
Good Place to work.
Medical biller/Imaging Processor (Current Employee), 1 General Street, Lawrence MassMay 21, 2015
Pros: Good work ethics
Cons: Can be overwellming sometimes
My co-workers are friendly and most of the time cooperative with each other. Supervisor are always willing to help with any issues pertaning to your job or personal. The hardest part of my job is keeping up with all the paper work given to me. I always give it my best try to keep track of everthing given over to me for scanning. I enjoy working with my co workers they keep me going and supporitve too.
Productive Busy Hospital
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Lawrence, MAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: commute, co-workers
Cons: not enough hands on management
The Hospital Is a large growing Community Hospital. It has great Departments and Hard working staff. However in the recent years do to health care reform the employees no longer benefit as greatly as in past years. The co-workers are really the staple of the job. It is not an easy job by any means very demanding and stressful. Loving what you do makes all the difference.
The best part of the job is the commute and great people you work with. Also providing great patient care and experience!!
Medical Surgical Preceptorship
Med- Surg Preceptorship (Former Employee), Lawrence, MAJanuary 27, 2015
Worked as a student nurse in an RN capacity to practice nursing skills ( assessment, documentation, and discharge)
fast paced , and always a challenge
EMT-B (Current Employee), Lawrence, MADecember 1, 2014
Pros: excellent pay, descent benefits, new trucks, knowledgeable staff
Cons: new system, still getting some of the bugs out.
Working as an EMT for Lgh has been great so far. We are 6 months into the new bls service, and things are really taking shape. Management always has your back, and everyone in the department is extremely knowledgeable, and always willing to teach . if you are looking to work in a busy 911 system, this is it! Brush up on your Spanish though!
Poor management
Admitting (Current Employee), Lawrence, MANovember 19, 2014
Cons: no lunch breaks, short staffed, poor benefits
Love my job and what I do, management brings the moral down. Always worried about losing your job when you walk into work everyday.
Disappointed
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse Emergency Center (Current Employee), Lawrence, MAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: nothing jumps out
Cons: no lunch breaks, poor insurance, low morale
Patient assignments with high acuity and high patient/nurse ratio. Management unsupportive
I enjoyed working at Lawrence General Hospital
Dietetic Technician (Former Employee), Lawrence, MAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: rewarding work
Cons: working weekends and holidays
I am retired now, I am not looking to work in nutrition.

Since I now have some responsibilities for helping with a granddaughter when her mother has to work I hope to find a job that can work around that such as driving folks to doctors and the like.
Small hospital that services large and diverse population
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Lawrence, MAOctober 2, 2014
Enjoyed working at Lawrence as they serve a large and diverse population ranging from rich to poor, spanish speaking to english to chinese.
Very upbeat, with great learning experiences
Transportation aide (Former Employee), Lawrence, Ma.October 1, 2014
Great Doctors, Nurses, Nurses Aides, and supporting staff. Friendly environment with great opportunity to amplify your knowledge in the medical field.
Spanish speaking is a must
RN (Former Employee), Lawrence, MASeptember 2, 2014
ok place to work--ability to understand Spanish and preferably speak it is a must
VERY FUN PLACE TO WORK FOR
Transportation Technician (Former Employee), Lawrence, MAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
VERY BUSY HOSPITAL , EVERYONE WORKS AS A TEAM , ALWAYS SOMETHING TO DO, CO WORKERS WERE SO MUCH FUN TO WORK WITH WE WERE LIKE A BIG FAMILY ,THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB WAS SEEING HOW SICK AND HURT THE PATIENTS WERE,, THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF MY JOB WAS BEING ABLE TO TAKE CARE OF THE PATIENTS
Awesome Place to work - my department anyway
IS Department (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: great team, great management, best department in the hospital
Cons: busy department, always on the move, hospital needs more restrooms for all employees
I work in the IS department, great coworkers, respectful and appreciative management who are willing to listen and make changes to help and support their staff.

However, other departments are not so lucky. Management could learn a few lessons from the way IS is run and the level of transparency and communication. IS staff can trust their team and management, not the same for other areas within the hospital.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Lawrence, MAJune 16, 2014
Pros: very close to home great knowledge base
Cons: changes in policey
I worked the last 34 years with the Best most dedicated staff .Very busy with lots of oppourtunities for teaching and assisting patients You knew who to ask for assistance and we all had multiple experences to go by for ideas the physcians would listen to you and usually would follow thru with a suggestion that was made.
love this place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Lawrence, MAJune 2, 2014
too bad I had to move, if not I would still be working here. I love the job atmosphere....
Working at Lawrence General is a positive experience, fast paced and offers te opportunity to learn something every day.
Transcriptionist/Certified Voice Editor (Current Employee), Lawrence, MAApril 10, 2014
Pros: home office with working in house when asked.
Cons: disadvantage of not having other transcriptionists to give an opinion on a word or sentence.
Every day offers a variety of different specialties to transcribe, the opportunity to broaden my knowledge of techniques, infection control, surgical procedures and equipment etc. enabling me to further improve turn around time.

Management is cooperative and willing to listen to issues.

the hardest part of the job is getting to understand different accents, it is a skill I have developed over the past ten years.

I do like working at home. The home office has less distractions and more productivity. However, there is a definite benefit to working in an office, another opinion on a word or sentence is always useful. Right now we use Skype and DocQ to listen when requested.
Work
Licensed Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Lawrence, MAApril 6, 2014
Great people to work with, good benefits.. Hardest part of job is patient passing.
If you want to learn Lawrence General is the best place to do so hands down.
Secretary / Aide (Former Employee), Lawrence, MAFebruary 26, 2014
I loved working at Lawrence General Hospital. My experience there was great there wasn't a i time that i can remember where i was not learning something new. While working on Russell 4 Medial surgical I experienced a bit of everything. I able to work with patients with mental instability to diabetic patients on dialysis. I very thankful that opportunity because it taught me who deal with difficult patients, who to be supportive of families with dying loved ones. Overall if had to go back to Lawrence General i would do i in a heart beat.
excellent community hospital
Cardiac and Emergency Room Nurse (Current Employee), Lawrence, MAJanuary 6, 2014
I believe of all the community hospitals in this area, Lawrence General exceeds in patient care and health care delivery.