Lawrence General Hospital Employee Reviews

Lgh
Cafeteria Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MANovember 17, 2017
Awesome Place to work good management and staff members would love to advance my career in my current position here and enjoy my time helping others with all the help they need
good work place
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAOctober 29, 2017
very demanding on the floor
short staff at all times
not enough time for bed side nursing and meet all patients emotional needs
it has been a long time
culture may have change
Pros
breaks
Cons
always holiday was older employees picked all the holidays
People are outstanding
Director (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAOctober 19, 2017
This is a hard working organization with people very committed to serving the mission. You should expect to wear many hats as the organization is lean and the work is challenging but the reward is great.
Nice place to work
Medical Coding and Billing (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAOctober 8, 2017
I have learned so much at LGH. Great work environment. Salary and benefits are ok, but could be better. 403 B match doesn't kick in till 3rd year and then they match only 1%. Not a big incentive to stay past your first year if you can make more some place else.
Pros
nice campus
Cons
healthcare and 403B benefit
Great place to work.
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAOctober 5, 2017
This was my first experience working in Human Resources. I worked with a great staff and learned many aspects of HR. The hospital environment could be very busy at times but our department worked well together and supported one another.
Fast-Paced working environment
Staff nurse on the Cardiac Care/Telemetry unit (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MASeptember 18, 2017
I enjoyed working in the telemetry floor, and the staff nurses were generally supportive. I discovered that I was not suited for working overnight shifts, and left as a result of that and my need to care for a terminally ill parent.
Great enviornment and very diverse
Food and Nutritional Services Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAAugust 10, 2017
I have learned many things in my role as an Operations Manager. I was in charge of the hiring process, and I thought that was a great experience. The work place is very fun, fast paced and diverse. The hardest part of the job is when employees call out, and the most enjoyable part is working together with everyone in the department and being able to train new employees.
Very fast paced, place to work for. So much to accomplish
Coordinator of Nursing Education, (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAAugust 9, 2017
I loved working at LGH,
It had a family feel to it. All the nursing staff were awesome and hard working. Vacation time was a bit tough to work around it, but we managed in our tiny department. Hospital was going through some changes and renovation so it was always something new to explain to the patients
Pros
You could get CEUs every tuesday
Cons
Short lunches and holidays were part of PTO
amazing
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAAugust 3, 2017
i loved everything about my job, i had to take vital and assti the doctors in any tretment being done on any patients. love that i can make someone feel better just by having a smile on my face
Great Place!!!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJuly 21, 2017
I loved working as an aide here, it was really good experience especially while going to nursing school. The nurses there are so good and caring. Staff is very helpful. I worked in the med surgical unit which could be very busy. Overall a great place to have been employed at.
Pays well, great experience, bad culture
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJuly 15, 2017
If you haven't been there for 25 years, you will never be good enough. You'll get to see a lot and do a lot. The supervisors could use some education on how to manage people, but most of the others are good hearted and nice enough. Overall not a bad place to work if you're looking for some good inner city experience.
Pros
Hospital based, Part of ED team, Only do (lots of) ALS calls
Cons
Culture, supervisors
Pediatric Emergency Room Volunteer
Pediatric Emergency Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJune 6, 2017
Volunteering in the emergency room was a great experience. I was able to get a feel on how the hospital operates on a day to day basis. There is a small chance to get very minimal hands on experience with helping patients.
Poor Management Leads To Poor Work Environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJune 5, 2017
Extremely poor management is driving this once great hospital into the ground. They do not know how to manage employee crises and it's a free for all
Pros
Nursing Wages
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Benefits, Poor Nurse to Patient Ratio, Negative Work Environment, Bullying Senior Nurses, Understaffed Specialty Units etc
Learn many things , fast speed
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMay 30, 2017
Working at Lawrence General Hospital as a Radiology Receptionist, has taught many things such as being very careful , detailed thorough with everything you do or say. Making my patients feel better and happy is all i care about.
Good
Operating Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMay 25, 2017
Good benefits, nice health plan benefits and dental. Union rights are the best and they help in anything that you ask them form. Holidays of are the best.
Pros
Union
fast paced
Patient Admission Rep Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAApril 13, 2017
The typical day was busy!
I definitely learned great skills which I will put to good use.
The management of the department at the time was not supportive.
There was no team-work spirit
Pros
conveniently located
Cons
the management of the department
Great place to work as an interpreter
Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMarch 14, 2017
I was a medical interpreter in the Emergency Center for a little over a year. The patients were all pretty friendly unless they came in with a cop because they were criminals...
Cons
you can get sick...
Bueno
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMarch 7, 2017
Muy buen trabajo/muy buenas experiencias laborales
Pros
Buen
Cons
Si
great place to work
Health Promotion/Wellness Intern (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAFebruary 14, 2017
People are very helpful and fun to work with. They take pride in working there. Being a non-profit organization works on lean management and thus workload sometimes can be hectic.
Where do I start?
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJanuary 31, 2017
poor raises, massive workload, poor responses from management,
office gossip and hostility, the list goes on and on. The year that no one received a raise, cut benefits, and had nearly doubled the workload, (squeezing as much money as they could from the people that make it for them) administration sent out envelopes to all the staff asking for donations. I suppose they were really hard up. Which makes sense considering all of the cosmetics they had done. I really do hope that when hit a good fiscal year they'll give some back to their employees.
Pros
a few cool co-workers
Cons
everything listed above