Lawrence General Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

fun workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJuly 14, 2016
regardless of some situations people may have with the hospital the kitchen is a place to work They are very understanding people and will train you until their best ability
Intern
Pediatric Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMay 31, 2016
Worked as a pediatric assistant and emergency room assistant as an unpaid internship for 150 hours each. Very enjoyable learning experience.
Productive, friendly enviroment
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 22, 2016
Great place to work but am looking to leave the state and move back to New York State.They're going through a change in management which has made the working environment. I've also been there over 10 years and have not seen a significant increase in pay.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
Salary Requirements
great place to work
Phlebotomy Tech (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJanuary 29, 2016
i like the work. Its a friendly and happy place. The patients are wonderful. All hours are great and flexible and meet good standards
Fast paced, friendly, team players, learn something new every day.
Medical Assistant (externship) (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJanuary 25, 2016
There is no typical day as far as not knowing what to expect when walking into work. Although, doing everything we have to do to help patients is what gets done. Everyday we learn something new from each other. It is a pleasure working with the management team. Any time I needed help or a hand with work or with a patient, there was always someone available to assist. The hardest part is going into work everyday not knowing what to expect. The most enjoyable part of the day is doing all possible to helping patients with the best care.
Excellent pay, good team work, revolving management
RN BSN (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MADecember 26, 2015
Staff RN for maternity/nursery unit. Working with other RN's who are passionate about the care of their patients with teamwork, high level of knowledge and experience. Management is reasonable but unfortunately no accountability for the changes they have imposed in the past and have been unwilling to listen to concerns. Assignments are fair. Patient population is multicultural and include many socioeconomic classes. Enjoy learning new medical information from interns at this teaching hospital.
Pros
Excellent pay, retirement and education benefits, excellent RN's to work with
Cons
Revolving management, Education teaching is lacking, healthcare benefits
I was a recep[tionist
Radiological Technician Student (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MANovember 14, 2015
I was trying to get into the xray program so I got ajob working in xray so I could meet the teachers and techs and learn what my future was going to hold. I nmeeded to put myself through chool so I wanted to make sure I new that what I was going to be paing for was what I wantyed to do. i worked om ,editecha n dleaned so so muc. I made 12 dollors an hous at 19 ND APPRECAITED THE JOB SO MUCH. A WHOLE FUTURE LAID RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. WHAT A HAHY TIME. i WEIGHT 140 AND i WAS 5'9 AT 19.
Pros
when your young you dream so big
Cons
when you do it allalone its so hard and you dont eat much cause you cant afford too.
fast paced medsurg floor
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MANovember 5, 2015
faced placed medsurg floor with a broad spectrum of diagnoses. great coworkers. management not very supportive of nurses
Pros
good pay
Cons
management not always supportive of staff. always extremely busy
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAAugust 30, 2015
Wonderful place to work, patients treated with passion, compassion and respect. Excellent benefits and management. Good educational opportunities
Amazing opportunities
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAAugust 21, 2015
The lab team were more like family than co workers. Management was very understanding and helpful. They would push employees to continue to further their education. Excellent communication with office staff throughout the different sites. Most enjoyable part was the points the employees would get for their hard work, making us feel appreciated.
Poor work moral and poor leadership
System Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJuly 30, 2015
Typical day is busy. Like most work places you meet good and bad co-workers. Lots of work to be done with a lot of hard working people. The lack of moral stems from top management down. Poor benefits and lack of hospital wide camaraderie. Meeting new people for the most part is a plus and in some ways the ability to learn from a different environment is always a plus. Potential is there to make a change of hospital moral, but new leadership is needed.
Pros
If you live local the lack of a commute is a plus
Cons
Poor benefits and employee moral
Nice Company
Operating Room Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJune 29, 2015
Nice place to work for. My boss was great! great work environment. new building. nice people. great doctors.new technology to work with
Good Place to work.
Medical biller/Imaging Processor (Current Employee) –  1 General Street, Lawrence MassMay 21, 2015
My co-workers are friendly and most of the time cooperative with each other. Supervisor are always willing to help with any issues pertaning to your job or personal. The hardest part of my job is keeping up with all the paper work given to me. I always give it my best try to keep track of everthing given over to me for scanning. I enjoy working with my co workers they keep me going and supporitve too.
Pros
Good work ethics
Cons
Can be overwellming sometimes
Productive Busy Hospital
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAFebruary 23, 2015
The Hospital Is a large growing Community Hospital. It has great Departments and Hard working staff. However in the recent years do to health care reform the employees no longer benefit as greatly as in past years. The co-workers are really the staple of the job. It is not an easy job by any means very demanding and stressful. Loving what you do makes all the difference.
The best part of the job is the commute and great people you work with. Also providing great patient care and experience!!
Pros
commute, co-workers
Cons
not enough hands on management
Medical Surgical Preceptorship
Med- Surg Preceptorship (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJanuary 27, 2015
Worked as a student nurse in an RN capacity to practice nursing skills ( assessment, documentation, and discharge)
fast paced , and always a challenge
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MADecember 1, 2014
Working as an EMT for Lgh has been great so far. We are 6 months into the new bls service, and things are really taking shape. Management always has your back, and everyone in the department is extremely knowledgeable, and always willing to teach . if you are looking to work in a busy 911 system, this is it! Brush up on your Spanish though!
Pros
excellent pay, descent benefits, new trucks, knowledgeable staff
Cons
new system, still getting some of the bugs out.
Poor management
Admitting (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MANovember 19, 2014
Love my job and what I do, management brings the moral down. Always worried about losing your job when you walk into work everyday.
Cons
no lunch breaks, short staffed, poor benefits
Disappointed
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse Emergency Center (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAOctober 2, 2014
Patient assignments with high acuity and high patient/nurse ratio. Management unsupportive
Pros
nothing jumps out
Cons
no lunch breaks, poor insurance, low morale
I enjoyed working at Lawrence General Hospital
Dietetic Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAOctober 2, 2014
I am retired now, I am not looking to work in nutrition.

Since I now have some responsibilities for helping with a granddaughter when her mother has to work I hope to find a job that can work around that such as driving folks to doctors and the like.
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
working weekends and holidays
Small hospital that services large and diverse population
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAOctober 2, 2014
Enjoyed working at Lawrence as they serve a large and diverse population ranging from rich to poor, spanish speaking to english to chinese.

Lawrence General Hospital Reviews by Location