Lawrence Hall Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Great place
LPN (Current Employee) –  Walnut Ridge, ARSeptember 13, 2017
Great place to work, excellent team work,wonderful resident care. Very flexible schedules, competitive pay, connected to hospital for better quality care
Day at LH
Child Welfare Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2017
I am rather new but from what I've seen thus far, everyone has a very busy day at LH with answering client calls, seeing clients, putting in case notes, and speaking with admin/supervisors on a daily. The culture is pretty laid back. Management is supportive and I've learned so much at LH in this short time that I don't know where to start.
Pros
Fee training
Cons
need consistent staff
Great people
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXApril 4, 2017
I worked with awesome people and had an amazing management team. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to interact with my usual customers and meeting friendly people daily.
Pros
Great management
Work Life Balance missed at this company
worked with youth (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2016
Job expectations and responsibilities easily exceed 40 hours a week (closer to 60). Client concerns are the focus at the expense of employee safety and concerns. Working with youth can be rewarding but be prepared to work excessive hours and go through a lot during those hours.
Pros
working with challenging youth
Cons
excessive hours/culture that does not value employee
Worst of the worst
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2016
Worked here for six years. When I moved to management I found out how things really worked. THE HR VP is a liar and will tell your business to anyone who listens. DO NOT WORK HERE!
Pros
Cons
everything
Dequarian
cook (Former Employee) –  4833 N. Francisco Chicago ILJune 18, 2015
I really had a great time it was something that I really haven't did before and it helped me succeed and I like that program for that it helped me save money and put money in my pockets at the same time
Pros
cooking, learning, caring
Cons
dont have any
Everyday is a mystery
Mentor / Child Care worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2012
A typical day at work is working with at risk youth in their everyday life goals and lessons. There is a lot to learn because everyone is different and have different things going on with themselves. Management needs to work with co- workers. The hardest part of the job is getting the youth too see things the right way instead of the way they choose to go about things. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching youth become successful and make something out of life.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short staffed