Lawrence Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

work environment
Admission Representative (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 10, 2017
the work environment was fast paced and offered many opportunities to advance. Lawrence Memorial Hospital offered education to employees to advance and seek career changes.
Pros
location, healthcare coverage
Cons
holiday and sick leave
overall care
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  New London, CTAugust 7, 2017
very good experience , learned allot about dietary restrictions, and kitchen standards.

patient satisfaction and needs met daily

worked with a great staff
Great atmosphere and great staff
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 2, 2017
This place was located in the laboratory at a small hospital in Lawrence,KS. It was a very small community with a fun and friendly staff throughout the whole hospital.
Happy employees everywhere!
Staff Nurse Crisis Intervention (Current Employee) –  New London, CTAugust 2, 2017
Every corner you turn there is another employee saying hello to you. This is the first place I have ever worked where most of the employees show they are happy rather than not wanting to be there. The work environment is overall positive. Good compensation rates.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Don't always get enough breaks
The best place I ever worked!
Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJuly 28, 2017
I can't say enough good things about my time at LMH! My work there was challenging, but I was compensated at or slightly above market value. Management (CIO) was competent, and they put their good values in action. I would still be there except for a desire to live in a larger city.
Pros
Challening work, competent management, college town
Cons
college town
Too many changes
Manager (Current Employee) –  New London, CTJuly 24, 2017
Union Hospital with a very "pro employee" culture. The affiliation with Yale has brought some very undesirable changes that are primarily effecting the management.
Pros
excellent salary
Cons
manager take aways (no more sick bank)
Clinicals
Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJuly 12, 2017
Terrible place to learn. Fast Paced. Variety of Exams/patient types. Plenty of surgical and fluoroscopic opportunities.Catty staff and a clinical instructor with a lack of professionalism.
high turn over for a reason
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJuly 11, 2017
high turn over - poor salary compared to surrounding areas and they assure you they make up with by considering you family.

compensation is poor and thus many employees leave. Most employees especially administrative or clerical have only been there a short time.
Promotions and Culture
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New London, CTJune 21, 2017
I've seen many people in clinical areas be promoted to leadership positions. Being that hospitals are driven by nursing, I have not seen many promotions within administrative non-clinical areas. I believe that now that the hospital is affiliated with Yale New Haven Health System, we should see a lot of positive changes within the culture of L+M. I also think the new CEO of L+M is a wonderful addition and will make positive changes in our community hospital. He seems to really care about the people who work at L+M and wants to get a pulse on the organization as a whole.
good place to work
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  New London, CTJune 9, 2017
union does not work very hard to help when you need them, the management often is too clicky, when short in your field you work very hard, other than that is okay to work there
Pros
overtime
Cons
when your out of work due to injury union does not help, much for your dues you pay
Excellent staff.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  New London, CTJune 6, 2017
Knowledgeable, friendly coworkers. Stressful at times but management willing to help out. The most difficult was the 24 hour call on weekends. However, if working call at night, eight hours of sleep time was given, paid.
Friendly, balanced workplace
Charge Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMay 31, 2017
0530 as Charge, I make assignments for 2 other and myself. We are a 175 bed hospital. We are a small dept. with a balanced workload, with great respect for each other. There is a healthy mix of being very busy & being slow (summer). Voted top 100 of hospitals our size for the last 4 yrs.
I liked it at first
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Medford, MAMay 14, 2017
I've been here for 4 years and have done nothing but come in for shifts and work my hardest just to get my hours cut from 30 hours to 10 hours, if I'm lucky.
no room to grow
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAMay 4, 2017
while working at Lawrence memorial hospital I decided to go back to school to further education wanted to cut hours and it was not approved I felt stuck and had no room to grow had to let it go
Volunteer Service
Emergency Department Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New London, CTApril 20, 2017
I cant really review this company because I never worked for them. I only participated as a volunteer at the Emergency Room which was a good experience since I got to understand how an efficient place should run.
Experience at Lawrence Memorial Hospital
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSApril 5, 2017
Overall the experience is satisfactory. Management is average and I would say we are taken care of. For being a smaller hospital with a more intimate atmosphere it is a pretty good place to work and a good place to kind of get to know many people you will be communicating with throughout the departments.

The one downfall of being at a small facility is at times working understaffed or being asked to take care of more patients than almost physically possible in the time allotted. We still make do, however, if we had a little more time with our patients, I think patient care results would be better.
Pros
smaller atmosphere, close staff
Cons
short breaks, at times can be rushing pateints
Good place to work wanted to try something different.
Food Service I (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMarch 8, 2017
Started my day at 4:45 am Monday - Friday. Had to work every third weekend. Job required duties varied from day to day. I fixed entrees, salads, desserts, special functions, basically all duties assigned for that shift.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Low pay for amount of years service.
Could be better
Worker (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSFebruary 26, 2017
Co-workers are great! Management lacks significantly. Benefits are OK. Pay is still below what other hospitals offer. Not good with furthering education for non-physicians. Close to home, but not worth the stress and lack of respect from management and some physicians.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Managment
Nice place to work
Medical Biller/Follow-up (Current Employee) –  New London, CTJanuary 31, 2017
L&M Hospital has been a very enjoyable place to work. I enjoy my position as a biller and have learnt a lot about insurances.
Productive Facility
CNA/Phlebotomist/Radiology Aide (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJanuary 20, 2017
I have always enjoyed working here. By far when of the best places I have worked at. Everyone here is really nice and always greet you with a smile. I would recommend other people to work here as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval