Lawrence Memorial Hospital

Lawrence Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Great Experience and Support
Laboratory Operations Manager (full-time) (Current Employee), Medford, MAMarch 18, 2015
I have had great experience and support working at Hallmark Health System learning about finance, budget, employee satisfaction, and blood draw stations in the surrounding towns.
Technology Director (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSMarch 10, 2015
Great people to work with. Very progressive IT department with the most advance security systems I've seen. Lost all their executive leaders in IT and is in the rebuilding phase.
Hard working staff
Student Clinicals (Former Employee), Walnut Ridge, ARFebruary 7, 2015
Everyone was very knowledgeable and able to instruct me on what I need to do to prepare myself for the ASCP. Head phlebotomist was really nice and helped me with my phlebotomy I received most of my phlebotomy experience here. Med techs were easy to talk to and taught me how to run controls on the chemistry analyzer and hematology analyzer.
Terrible company to work for
Information Services (Former Employee), New London, CTNovember 10, 2014
Cons: no training-poor management.
This company offers absolutely NO training to their employees. They do not care about their employees, and put extreme amount of stress on them. They surprise their employees with silly certification exams that you have to pay out of pocket up front, that were never disclosed during the hiring process and spring it upon them after their 90 day review. Management in the department that I worked in, is best suited to work at a chop shop in a junk yard, then hospital, in a professional environment. I would advise you do your research before attempting to send in application this facility.
Technician
Technician (Former Employee), New London, CTOctober 9, 2014
Good team building and good work place. Great feedback from ordering and interpreting doctors.
Great Starter Job!
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSOctober 1, 2014
I worked at LMH for a brief period as a new grad. They are excellent at training new grads and offer lots of constructive criticism which helped me learn and grow as an RN.
Great hospital to work for.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSAugust 27, 2014
Pros: continuing education and great patient care
They have great nursing staff and doctors. I had great co-workers. The nursing staff were well educated and so kind and patient with all the patients while providing good patient care. They had options for continuing your education and encouraged it. They worked around home and school life. I would work for them again.
Busy Hospital with main area being the ED
Lead Technologist/Clinical Instructor (Current Employee), New London, CTAugust 20, 2014
High paced hospital setting. Start my day in the main department then move to the ED for second shift. We have two techs 3-11 and one 5-9. In addition to all ED patients we cover O.R., outpatients till 8pm and have in patients as ordered.
My current manager is very fair and easy to work with.
The co-workers on second work symbiotically and independently.
The hardest part of the job is exams being ordered incorrectly having had McKesson software just installed.
My favorite part of the job is direct patient care, working with the physicians to provide the best imaging quality for the patient as well as working with student technologist.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSJuly 27, 2014
I was a volunteer, this is not applicable. Great place to volunteer- we go free food from the cafeteria each shift.
Great Summer Job
Beach Attendant (Former Employee), New London, CTJuly 16, 2014
It was a great summer job and excellent opportunity for daily interactions with patrons.
Excellent position and co-workers with hospital downsizing no job secutiry
Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee), New London, CTJune 27, 2014
Pros: benefits & camaraderie
Cons: hospital downsizing no job security
Typical day: Very busy.
What I learned: Additional skills achieved at Employee and Occupational Health.
Management: RN mentor was excellent and gave me confidence to do my job.
Your co-workers: Excellent and skilled in their profession, great to work with.
The hardest part of the job: Keeping up with workload.
The most enjoyable part of the job: Doing my job well and making the customer happy by meeting his/her needs.
great learning environment
ICU/ER volunteer (Current Employee), Lawrence, KSApril 29, 2014
Pros: familiarize myself with medical field
Cons: hard to listen to some people talk negatively about patients
I learned a lot and was able to familiarize myself with the medical field. I learned about the dynamics of the different positions in a hospital setting and how they interact with patients.
Lawrence Memorial Hospital
Medical Records Intern (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSMarch 12, 2014
• Assist the Health Information department with various tasks
• Organize medical records
VINDICTIVE MANAGEMENT, NONEXISTENT HR DEPT
LPN (Former Employee), PSYCHIATRYFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: some co-workers
Cons: management
ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE COMPANY TO WORK FOR. HUMAN RESOURCES PUTS OUT POLICIES AND DOES NOT FOLOW THEM. THREATS BY MANAGER NOT TAKEN SERIOUSLY, NO TRAINING GIVEN WHICH LED TO MANY MISTAKES THAT PTS NEVER KNOW ABOUT.WORST HOSPITAL IN THE AREA. TRIED TO PUNISH NURSES AND TECHS FOR STRIKING AND LOST. WHAT KIND OF CORPORATION ILLEGALLY LOCKS AN ENTIRE STAFF OF HUNDREDS OF NURSES AND TECHS OUT OF WORK. THAT SAID IT ALL.
Human Rescources/Past worker
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), New London, CT (Main Campus)February 17, 2014
Pros: when employed; co-workers, breaks when needed, insurance and most important is the knowledged i learned.
Cons: when employed; in specific situations no support from managment and most of all the union, especially when they were proven wrong!
I used to work at Lawrence & Memorial Hospital 5 years ago as a Registered Nurse (RN). I have been attempting to reapply to multiple positions that I am qualified for. When I was employed there I enjoyed working for this hospital, I learned so much and my co-workers at that time were very helpful and approchable as rescourses which also made the job as enjoyable as it could be! Management helped as much as possible, but in unfortunate circumstances I personally felt that when needed they are supposed to defend their staff (depending on the particular type of discipline), but in my case that was not the fact, to and including the Union, but again they do what is easier for them (even if they are proven to be wrong). I have been trying to return to work at this hospital again for multiple positions which I am qualified for, but I have not heard back from Human Rescources, I have called multiple times, including multiple times during the day and I have also sent an e-mail; This has been going on since November 2013 and I think this is absoluty unprofessional at least give an applicant an answer!
Very delightful place to work.
RN (Former Employee), NewLondon CtJanuary 13, 2014
I enjoyed working at this place because it challenged me to excell.
At this location I worked in labor and delivery which is a passion of mine. Helping the women in the labor and delivery process was great.
Negative atmosphere, great co-workers
HIM Clerk III/ROI Specialist (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: discount in the gift shop and caffiteria
Cons: management
I would do just about everything there was to do in the medical records department. Prepping paper documents for scanning, scanning then analyzing the electronic record for correct documents.I also did release of information and posted payments from moneys received from records sent. The management i dont think was the greatest. I think they did things that worked for them and not for the people that did the work. The co-workers were the greatest and I loved being a part of that team. I learned a lot the medical record and what is legally suppose to be in one. I also learned what you can and cant release in a medical record and who can have it. The hardest part of the job was trying to read the mind of the supervisor and doing the right thing.I enjoyed the people I worked with and the job in general.
Wonderful place to receive health care services.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Lawrence, KSDecember 11, 2013
Pros: benefits
LMH is a place where as a patient you can feel you are taken care of by each and every member of the health care team. As an employee you are well taken care of and have a wonderful support system. The hardest part of the job is making sure you don't miss any critical details while taking care of each patient. I love working with patients and being able to say, "I did everything for this patient to ensure they are safe, supported, and moving towards a healthier self.
Challenging area with great supervisor
Interventional Mammographer (Former Employee), New London, CTDecember 4, 2013
I worked at L+M hospital for many years, so it became very much a family. I enjoyed the challenges my job presented to me. Every day was different with many different personalities of patients and co-workers. I learned a great deal about the equipment, computers and interpersonal skills. I worked well with the Breast Imaging Supervisor and enjoyed my time with her. I enjoyed the interventional part of my job the most.
wonderful hospital
Staff LPN (Former Employee), New London, CTNovember 19, 2013
Pros: offer continuing ed courses to staff
Cons: no longer hiring lpns
I loved my time at L& M. I learned so much there. The staff is outstanding, work as a team and deliver quality care.

1 2 3

About Lawrence Memorial Hospital

Lawrence Memorial Hospital (LMH) is a 173-bed community hospital owned by the City of Lawrence, Kansas. It is licensed for 146 – Read more

Lawrence Memorial Hospital Salaries