Lawrence Memorial Hospital

Lawrence Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Informative and knowledgeable place to work
Food and Nutrition cook (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSFebruary 16, 2016
A typical day at work at Lawrence Memorial Hospital was a very fun and professional atmosphere. It was always a learning experience from prepping an assortment of ingredients for the patients as well for the customer. Management was respectful and knowledgeable, with the willingness to help others. My co workers were also knowledgeable about recipes and the dietary need of the patients and the healthy living that represents the hospital. The hardest part of my job at Lawrence Memorial would have to be estimating the number of patients that would be emitted into the hospital that would be obligated to have a meal. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see the happiness of the customer after eating something that I created.
Too much drama and clinics do not work as a team.
Patient Account Rep/Patient Access Registrar (Current Employee) –  Walnut Ridge, ARJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day at work includes pre-registering patients and verifying their insurance, getting their charts ready for the Dr, tracking tests and placing test results on patient charts for the Dr to review, registering patients as they arrive for appointments, making sure appropriate documents are signed by the patient and placed in their charts, answering the phone, scheduling appointments, and customer service.

Management does not handle personnel issues properly. They play favorites and if you are not one of the favorites they make life intolerable for you.

Co-workers do not work as a team.

The most enjoyable part of my job is interaction with the patients.
Hospital Environment Unstable
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New London, CTJuly 5, 2016
In the 15 months of working at Lawrence & Memorial, the employees of Westerly Hospital had much more transition that the average employee. Westerly Hospital was purchased by L&M and we the finance department was relocated to their hospital. Poor management or lack of due to temporary management and management that knew nothing about the hospital reimbursement. Each hospital had different software etc etc...
Pros
Meet a few great co-workers
Cons
Transition and poor management
enjoyed my 27 years here
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  New London, CTDecember 3, 2015
spent the majority of my career here with a lot of wonderful professionals.was encouraged to increase my education and offered monetary assistance to do so.
had a great benefit plan
is a union based facility
Pros
had great benefits
Cons
lots of leadership changes through the years
High stressed environment for medical staff and non medical staff alike
worker (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJuly 11, 2016
Directors don't give a hoot about their employees. HR is a joke. There seems to be high turn over for a reason. There's a lot of entitled people working there, who think the rules don't apply to them. There's many two faced people. Anyone who works here better keep their heads down, and their mouths shut if they want to survive.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
Everything everyone has to put up with
Fast paced cultural environment
Emergency Room Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSOctober 2, 2015
Its a great place to work. Rated Top 100 hospitals.
In order to advance, you must be in a department that has room for that. Unfortunately some departments do not and the raises are few.
Pros
Some departments do not have room for advancement and pay raises are very few and very small
Cons
People are friendly, cafeteria food is good, environment is clean, the interaction with the community is phenomenal
PC Analyst/Technician
PC Analyst/Technician, Information Services (Former Employee) –  New London, CTSeptember 2, 2015
I enjoyed my position the work hours scheduled was flexible, as it allowed me to take my daughter to school.
I Installed, maintained, and upgraded numerous PC systems and servers and software. As well as test and review software and hardware.
Aside from the department CIO’s unwillingness to improve our services to the departments as recommended by Connecticut Hospitals Association (CHA), it was a pleasure to work at the hospital.
Pros
benifits, staff, frendly environment, flex-hour schedule
Cons
management and lack of progress to improve the IT services
A good place to work & get to know the hospital.
Food Aide (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAJuly 25, 2016
Management was good, everyone is professional and positive about what they do and how they go about their work.

Everything is extremely organized. All the co-workers I've had were friendly and supportive, with very helpful advice and guidance.

I learned a lot about the hospital and kitchen safety.
Benefits
Cons
Payment
Good place to gain experience
Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 12, 2016
There was always something to do, even during the down time. I enjoyed my co-workers and also enjoyed learning new skills.
Pros
lots of fairs with lots of vendors and goodies!
Cons
too many meetings that I felt cut into time that could be spent on patients.
wonderful TOP 100 hospital
Emergency Department RN (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJuly 4, 2016
Lawrence Memorial Hospital was a great place to work, and I remained there for 13 years until moving to Charleston, SC. If I could have scooped the facility and its people up and taken it all with me to my new home, I would have!
Pros
amazing people, wonderful caring patient-focussed facility
Cons
none really
A great place to start as a new RN
Clinical Nursing Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJune 17, 2016
LMH was a wonderful place to begin my career as a nurse. I was welcomed by staff on all of the units I worked on, given the opportunity for advancement, and encouraged to further my education.
Pros
Staff was friendly and an excellent resource
Cons
Management often times adopted a dissatisfactory leadership style.
Fun fast-paced work place.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Walnut Ridge, ARJuly 30, 2016
A typical day at work I would do rounds, change all the residents, get them ready to eat, feed them and put them to bed. Management is good but does not work with your schedule. Co-workers are all mostly good workers.
Very business oriented hospital. More about the money than their patients.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New London, CTJuly 29, 2016
Good medical benefits. Great place for someone right out of college to start. Not that great for those employees who have been dedicated for 10 plus years.
Family
Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 17, 2016
Great place to work and to care for patients with excellence in mind.
Hardest part of the job was Hospice care and patient death.
Pros
12 hour shifts. Pay per hour.
Cons
Scheduling with full-time school
Never a Dull Moment
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 17, 2015
A typical day at working for Unidine at Lawrence Memorial Hospital usually starts early as you serve the hospital's patients breakfast. You are in charge of getting all meals to patients, communicating with nurses to stay up-to-date on the patients' dietary needs. You are also in charge of managing their diet and watching their intake levels of certain things that the doctor has drawn caution to. The environment is up-beat and requires high energy and often leaves you tired at the end of a shift, the shifts are scheduled in 6 hour or 12 hour blocks which served as the hardest part of the job. Getting to interact with each of the patients, nurses, and hospital staff was the most enjoyable part of the day.
Pros
good pay, up-beat, interesting, insightful
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAJuly 19, 2016
They were good but it is not a job I woukld apply for again. Some of the people were not nice, but the patients were great
Pros
Free Food
Cons
The Dishes
This can be an interesting place to work. Like any other place your supervisor sets the tone for the enviroment.
Surgery Waiting Receptionist/Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSFebruary 3, 2016
I have worked in a couple of areas at LMH as a volunteer. I have enjoyed working there since I have started. There are always work that needs to be done and the variety of jobs available should appeal a wide range of individuals-from paperwork/organizing to interacting with the public.
Pros
As a Volunteer I get free lunch
Mid sized regional hospital, ideal place to start a career.
Server and Storage Administrator (Current Employee) –  New London, CTSeptember 30, 2015
A great place to start your career. It would be best to learn what you can and plan on moving in 3-5 years. Upward mobility at the hospital is limited.

Your local group of co-workers will be supportive. Challenges in the healthcare landscape can make work here very challenging. It is important to not take things personally and try to focus on daily accomplishments.

Try to attach to and learn from knowledgeable peers.
Excellent position and co-workers with hospital downsizing no job secutiry
Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  New London, CTJune 27, 2014
Typical day: Very busy.
What I learned: Additional skills achieved at Employee and Occupational Health.
Management: RN mentor was excellent and gave me confidence to do my job.
Your co-workers: Excellent and skilled in their profession, great to work with.
The hardest part of the job: Keeping up with workload.
The most enjoyable part of the job: Doing my job well and making the customer happy by meeting his/her needs.
Pros
benefits & camaraderie
Cons
hospital downsizing no job security
20 yrs ago, I would not of recommended this hospital to my fellow nurses
Registered Nurse, Medical Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAJanuary 16, 2016
20 years ago this hospital was unsatisfactory. With high patient/nurse ratio's and poor support for staff/client and staff/physician issues. health insurance and education reimbursement was adequate. Keep in mind that this is one persons opinion/experience. It is my expectation/hope that they have evolved with the times.

Lawrence Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location