Lawrence Merchandising Employee Reviews

Beware
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Southside VaNovember 23, 2015
If you are new and get really sick, you lose your job, even with a doctors note.
I emailed that I would be out at least two days, couldn't guarantee it wouldn't be more, and I was overloaded with jobs.
All I got was- "Did you work your stores or not turn it in? I already told them I was very ill.
"It's YOUR responsibility to change your schedule. I told him I had a bad headache, didn't have the ability to schedule, my eyes hurt to read.
So I figured they were gonna dump me. The only way to shut up this idiot was " I quit". They never offered to help, take stores off.
When I got a doctors note and asked to come back, "ITS NOT A GOOD FIT RIGHT NOW" . I had to keep emailing for a reason. Finally he said it was the way I quit. They had to cover not only late ones, but all of them. THEY WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN LATE IF HE HAD USED MY CALLING IN SICK TO GET SOMEONE. He was gonna offer help, etc. But all he did was rant and rave.
They need a professional field service supervisor.
They give you lots of opportunities if you will travel 50 miles or more to a store. The gas expense eats up the 2/3 hours of work. I don't recommend them.
Pros
Schedule yourself, direct deposit.
Cons
You "aren't a good fit" if you are ill and they do not listen.
Horrible Place to work
merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 21, 2016
I had been with the company six months and have had three different supervisors. Although you can make your own schedule, there are weeks where there are no jobs and you have no income. FSC's sent out "desperation" emails to fill jobs at the last minute but were never posted on the opportunities board. One week you can work 60 hours another 10. They do not pay any overtime, or actual drive time, they pay what google maps says during slow times. Sometimes they will pay a bonus but it does not cover hours travelled AND gas. They pay .10 an hour worked for printing directions but some of the directions can be up to 20 pages (color). Management does not care about the employees at all. You usually work alone but occasionally work with another person. The worst part of the job is the pay but the best part is you can make your own schedule and move things around.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
treat you poorly, nickel and dime you
Flexible Merchandising Position offers Great Work/Life Balance
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJuly 17, 2015
A typical work day requires that you accept an available opportunity in your area and receive any necessary materials; then the day includes arriving at the designated retailer where you will greet management, and explain the service to be provided. This job then requires that you pay close attention to detail and perform all services noted in the provided description and materials. All jobs can be handled by anyone with the ability to read and follow directions; no other special skills are required. Once the service is documented and all information has been uploaded to the online system, you are free to discuss the job with the store manager and be finished.
Pros
Flexibility, simple reporting system
Cons
Working 'team' jobs where others are not as responsible as you
Friendly environment
Field Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 6, 2014
High energy and no dull moment. I've learned HR processes along with getting a team of 400 field reps motivated to get projects done on time to meet clients expectations. I also learned that if I learn more about the people I work with than the product my company promotes, I am more successful.

This company has a close knit management and co-workers. Surprisingly, we all get along well for the one purpose of making the company thrive and meet client expectations.

The hardest part of the job and keeping up with high level of turnover as half of the reps are on a very part-time basis. This can be very challenging. The most enjoyable part is the relationships I have built with reps over the years.
Pros
benefits effective right away
Warning not as promised when hired
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MassSeptember 6, 2014
Easy merchandising assignment but be careful if you are just looking for the "quoted" 4-5 hours per week. On the day of my training I suddenly have five other assignments plus an absurd jewelry re-card if assignment which was an additional 8 hours !!! The regional recruiter that I interviewed with didn't mention any of this but stated I believe 4-5 hours per week. So if you are looking for a not so great hourly rate for the work involved, assignments thrown out randomly and highly disorganized "new"
reporting website by all means take a chance!!
Pros
easy pog's to set
Cons
disorganized stock areas, assignments pushed out suddenly, slow website reporting
fun going differant places to work
Service Representative/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 9, 2014
Enjoyed going to different types of jobs, like the Christmas Tree Shop, Sears, WalMart, Khols and Target stores, meeting new people, doing different types of jobs, stocking shelves, putting up new stock, working from planograms, stocking and making orders. when finished you would come home and enter them online.

Very rarely did you work with other employees unless it was a big job such as the jewelry repackaging for Targets

Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and going to different stores
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no health care, milage for going to some stores, short hours
By far not the best place to work for.
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  mid-MissouriApril 2, 2014
Instructions misleading and incomplete.
Time allowances not sufficient for work to be done.
When extra time reported they are petty with as little as 20 minutes.
Management leads through creating conflict.
They do not pay mileage even though you can drive over 100 miles in one day.
Hourly pay is reduced to minimum wage when drive time/extra time is requested.

Part time job with no consistency.
Pros
you are on your own and can quit any time after you find a real job.
Cons
you hate to quit, but at times you need to wake up and smell the coffee.
Must be a motivated, self starter to be a merchandiser.
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 9, 2015
Lawrence Merchandising is a good company to work for. An individual will thrive if they are used to being a self starter. You must have great organizational and communication skills so that retail clients are happy with your work. I was hired on a project that payed well and when the project was done they lowered my base pay. I called my supervisor to ask if I could submit a request for a pay raise. I was denied.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Don't pay enough
Not enough hours, Worked 2 hours a month.
field service representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, PAJanuary 21, 2016
Could not get enough hours to compensate tracking jobs on the website and driving to locations, printing instructions and planograms, and using your cell phone. Automatic termination notice sent for 1 late report in LMS. Only got offered 2 locations at 1 hour intervals a month. Not worth the hassle and time you spend driving and using your own materials.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Not enough hours
Smaller Company that cares
Project Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNAugust 29, 2013
My day would begin with almost everyone saying good morning. I learned more excel than when I started. Great Management all the way up the chain. I never felt that I didn't matter or was below anyone else. My most enjoyable part of the job was just going to work and working with a great bunch of people.

The hardest thing was leaving the job
Pros
great people, team moral boosters
Cons
punching a clock
This is a fun and independent job.
Field Rep (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CoMay 19, 2015
I love this job as a Field Rep but I do not work enough hours. A regular day at the office would require me to arrive at the store, sign into the vendor log, talk to the Manager briefly and let him know what project I'm there to accomplish for that day. Everyday is a different project.
Pros
Independent Job.
Cons
This job does not offer many hours.
I like merchandising and meeting the employees.
mercandiser, Vender (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJanuary 16, 2015
they give us jobs to do. they use to pay us by the job now they pay us hourly. They don't compensate us much when we have to drive to the service or have to print the instructions for the service.
Some of the other jobs should have 2 people to do.
Pros
i like merchandising jewelry
Cons
driving to the stores to service
Great place to Work for
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 18, 2013
Lawrence is a great place to work for, they have an amazing flexible schedule. I took this on for a 2nd job part time, when you first start its hard to get hours but the longer your employed the more available accounts are. Holidays are also busier time with more accounts.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no full time
Laid back and go at your own pace
Merchandiser/Vendor (Current Employee) –  Fredericktown, MOJuly 13, 2015
Lawrence allows you to work on your own time at your own pace. So its a good go to job for someone who needs flexible hours. Lawrence gives you the opportunity to work in several locations which is great because you get to work in different environments on a regular basis
joke
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  St. Marys, PAJanuary 13, 2016
This place is a joke. Was on payroll for 3 weeks with not one job to do in my area. Training was ridiculous...all about working in a Target store. There isn't a Target within 100 miles of me!! Never bothered to pay me for the training either. Don't waste your time if you want a REAL job.
Pros
Cons
everything
Great Jog
Retail Merchandiser/ Reset/Remerch Lead (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MN/DallasJanuary 14, 2015
Management is very helpful. Fair pay for work done. Very convenient scheduling process. I really enjoy my job and am given the opportunity to expand.
Pros
great people. very understanding and very fair
Cons
a little time consuming based on time alloted.
Ok
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Waco,TxJuly 9, 2013
I didnt really enjoy this job because of some of the stores that wasnt near to me. And coming from not having no income to need income just to make income was hard for me. In order for me to get a paycheck I would have to travel to towns that was 2-3 hours away from me.
Field Service Rep - Merchandising
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNAugust 9, 2015
This is was my first position in Merchandising. I enjoyed working with the stores and meeting new people. Great way to network and learn how stores really work and the work their employees are required to complete.
Would not recommend
Field Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  MDFebruary 4, 2016
This company constantly changes management. Pay is very low and travel time is not paid unless it causes you to fall below minimum wage. Field staff is treated very poorly considering they are the face of the company.
Pros
Cons
Pay, travel time
Great Company to work for
Territory Representative (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 23, 2013
My experience working for Lawrence Merchandising has been great, there is a great rapport between management and field reps as well as communication and effective training.
Pros
great projects
Cons
lack of hours