Lawrence Merchandising Employee Reviews in United States

Great Supplement Income
Merchandising Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MN 55441February 6, 2016
Working here would be great for a retired person looking for something to give them a LITTLE cash and get them out of their house. When reading the job description I know it would be part time but I didn't realize how few hours there would be. It was a great opportunity to gain experience in the field and add more to my resume.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, Work at own pace, Experience
Cons
Too few hours, poor instructions
If you have integrity this is NOT the job for you
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 29, 2016
Besides not getting paid for travel, you get to go into stores that are a mess and you are expected to restock them, do an inventory, take pictures and complete a survey all in 1 hour - impossible. If you need more time and you call in and ask for it you are told to use the allotted time given. However, if you use more time trying to finish everything that is required of you to do then you are scolded for utilizing additional time. I thought this would be a great, flexible job that I could perform as simply as stated on the videos. However, for my area where stores are numerous, as well as, the traffic, it did not turn out to be a good fit for me. At the end of the day, I was unable to complete each task and was reprimanded for using additional time.
I spent 8 hours in the field to only be paid for 4 1/2 - the other 3 1/2 hour was in traffic which I was not paid.
I enjoyed working with all employees I worked with. Enjoyed having settings to close to perfection as close as possible
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaApril 9, 2016
I enjoyed working for Lawrence but was unhappy to never receive a raise after being there 8 yrs. All my work was sent on the computer.I would go to receiving to get all my materials unpack them read pog. to put product on the right panel.
Good job if you want to work for 45 mins once a month
Field Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  WVApril 11, 2016
They advertised positions available in my area. Been here two months and have yet to see one job in my area. Best thing about this company is they give you plenty of time to work in other part time positions.

Just can't understand why they even advertised in my area.
Pros
Haven't seen any yet.
Cons
No work
Not enough hours, Worked 2 hours a month.
field service representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, PAJanuary 21, 2016
Could not get enough hours to compensate tracking jobs on the website and driving to locations, printing instructions and planograms, and using your cell phone. Automatic termination notice sent for 1 late report in LMS. Only got offered 2 locations at 1 hour intervals a month. Not worth the hassle and time you spend driving and using your own materials.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun place to work
Vendor Representative (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 15, 2016
I like working for Lawrence Merchandising because it is different from my normal full time job. I get to go into Target or other stores depending on where they need me and stock Jewelry and/or Sunglasses. I also do relabeling of different products when needed.
Pros
Make my own hours.
Cons
work away from home
Horrible Place to work
merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 21, 2016
I had been with the company six months and have had three different supervisors. Although you can make your own schedule, there are weeks where there are no jobs and you have no income. FSC's sent out "desperation" emails to fill jobs at the last minute but were never posted on the opportunities board. One week you can work 60 hours another 10. They do not pay any overtime, or actual drive time, they pay what google maps says during slow times. Sometimes they will pay a bonus but it does not cover hours travelled AND gas. They pay .10 an hour worked for printing directions but some of the directions can be up to 20 pages (color). Management does not care about the employees at all. You usually work alone but occasionally work with another person. The worst part of the job is the pay but the best part is you can make your own schedule and move things around.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
treat you poorly, nickel and dime you
joke
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  St. Marys, PAJanuary 13, 2016
This place is a joke. Was on payroll for 3 weeks with not one job to do in my area. Training was ridiculous...all about working in a Target store. There isn't a Target within 100 miles of me!! Never bothered to pay me for the training either. Don't waste your time if you want a REAL job.
Pros
Cons
everything
Would not recommend
Field Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  MDFebruary 4, 2016
This company constantly changes management. Pay is very low and travel time is not paid unless it causes you to fall below minimum wage. Field staff is treated very poorly considering they are the face of the company.
Pros
Cons
Pay, travel time
A very flexible company
Merchandising Representative (Current Employee) –  New Market, VAMarch 28, 2016
Lawrence is a very flexible company to work with in the realm of your time management. The training is through and directions to each job are easy to understand.
Flexibility
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Kosciusko, MSDecember 9, 2015
I like having the flexiiblity of the jobs and the different types of jobs given. I have learned to do nail polish resets, formula resets and have done various different jobs. Some jobs I work in work and some I do alone.
Inconsistant
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lenoir, NCJanuary 5, 2016
Available work in my area is very inconsistent. The online training is easy and self explanatory. This would be a great part-time job is more work were available.
Good Learning Experience
Merchandiser - Southern California (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 9, 2015
A person could learn a lot from the company's guidelines and trainings. The schedule is flexible, but an employee could expect to a long wait for the next job to become available.
Flexible Merchandising Position offers Great Work/Life Balance
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJuly 17, 2015
A typical work day requires that you accept an available opportunity in your area and receive any necessary materials; then the day includes arriving at the designated retailer where you will greet management, and explain the service to be provided. This job then requires that you pay close attention to detail and perform all services noted in the provided description and materials. All jobs can be handled by anyone with the ability to read and follow directions; no other special skills are required. Once the service is documented and all information has been uploaded to the online system, you are free to discuss the job with the store manager and be finished.
Pros
Flexibility, simple reporting system
Cons
Working 'team' jobs where others are not as responsible as you
Beware
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Southside VaNovember 23, 2015
If you are new and get really sick, you lose your job, even with a doctors note.
I emailed that I would be out at least two days, couldn't guarantee it wouldn't be more, and I was overloaded with jobs.
All I got was- "Did you work your stores or not turn it in? I already told them I was very ill.
"It's YOUR responsibility to change your schedule. I told him I had a bad headache, didn't have the ability to schedule, my eyes hurt to read.
So I figured they were gonna dump me. The only way to shut up this idiot was " I quit". They never offered to help, take stores off.
When I got a doctors note and asked to come back, "ITS NOT A GOOD FIT RIGHT NOW" . I had to keep emailing for a reason. Finally he said it was the way I quit. They had to cover not only late ones, but all of them. THEY WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN LATE IF HE HAD USED MY CALLING IN SICK TO GET SOMEONE. He was gonna offer help, etc. But all he did was rant and rave.
They need a professional field service supervisor.
They give you lots of opportunities if you will travel 50 miles or more to a store. The gas expense eats up the 2/3 hours of work. I don't recommend them.
Pros
Schedule yourself, direct deposit.
Cons
You "aren't a good fit" if you are ill and they do not listen.
Field Service Rep - Merchandising
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNAugust 9, 2015
This is was my first position in Merchandising. I enjoyed working with the stores and meeting new people. Great way to network and learn how stores really work and the work their employees are required to complete.
Laid back and go at your own pace
Merchandiser/Vendor (Current Employee) –  Fredericktown, MOJuly 13, 2015
Lawrence allows you to work on your own time at your own pace. So its a good go to job for someone who needs flexible hours. Lawrence gives you the opportunity to work in several locations which is great because you get to work in different environments on a regular basis
This is a fun and independent job.
Field Rep (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CoMay 19, 2015
I love this job as a Field Rep but I do not work enough hours. A regular day at the office would require me to arrive at the store, sign into the vendor log, talk to the Manager briefly and let him know what project I'm there to accomplish for that day. Everyday is a different project.
Pros
Independent Job.
Cons
This job does not offer many hours.
Must be a motivated, self starter to be a merchandiser.
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 9, 2015
Lawrence Merchandising is a good company to work for. An individual will thrive if they are used to being a self starter. You must have great organizational and communication skills so that retail clients are happy with your work. I was hired on a project that payed well and when the project was done they lowered my base pay. I called my supervisor to ask if I could submit a request for a pay raise. I was denied.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Don't pay enough
Ok but could get more work
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 21, 2015
I have only been with this company for a couple of months I like the contract part but hardly ever get work in Greenwood. I like that I can schedule what time I can service a store.