Lawrence Merchandising Employee Reviews

Great Supplement Income
Merchandising Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MN 55441February 6, 2016
Working here would be great for a retired person looking for something to give them a LITTLE cash and get them out of their house. When reading the job description I know it would be part time but I didn't realize how few hours there would be. It was a great opportunity to gain experience in the field and add more to my resume.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, Work at own pace, Experience
Cons
Too few hours, poor instructions
Would not recommend
Field Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  MDFebruary 4, 2016
This company constantly changes management. Pay is very low and travel time is not paid unless it causes you to fall below minimum wage. Field staff is treated very poorly considering they are the face of the company.
Pros
Cons
Pay, travel time
Not enough hours, Worked 2 hours a month.
field service representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, PAJanuary 21, 2016
Could not get enough hours to compensate tracking jobs on the website and driving to locations, printing instructions and planograms, and using your cell phone. Automatic termination notice sent for 1 late report in LMS. Only got offered 2 locations at 1 hour intervals a month. Not worth the hassle and time you spend driving and using your own materials.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Not enough hours
Horrible Place to work
merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 21, 2016
I had been with the company six months and have had three different supervisors. Although you can make your own schedule, there are weeks where there are no jobs and you have no income. FSC's sent out "desperation" emails to fill jobs at the last minute but were never posted on the opportunities board. One week you can work 60 hours another 10. They do not pay any overtime, or actual drive time, they pay what google maps says during slow times. Sometimes they will pay a bonus but it does not cover hours travelled AND gas. They pay .10 an hour worked for printing directions but some of the directions can be up to 20 pages (color). Management does not care about the employees at all. You usually work alone but occasionally work with another person. The worst part of the job is the pay but the best part is you can make your own schedule and move things around.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
treat you poorly, nickel and dime you
joke
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  St. Marys, PAJanuary 13, 2016
This place is a joke. Was on payroll for 3 weeks with not one job to do in my area. Training was ridiculous...all about working in a Target store. There isn't a Target within 100 miles of me!! Never bothered to pay me for the training either. Don't waste your time if you want a REAL job.
Pros
Cons
everything
Inconsistant
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lenoir, NCJanuary 5, 2016
Available work in my area is very inconsistent. The online training is easy and self explanatory. This would be a great part-time job is more work were available.
Flexibility
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Kosciusko, MSDecember 9, 2015
I like having the flexiiblity of the jobs and the different types of jobs given. I have learned to do nail polish resets, formula resets and have done various different jobs. Some jobs I work in work and some I do alone.
Beware
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Southside VaNovember 23, 2015
If you are new and get really sick, you lose your job, even with a doctors note.
I emailed that I would be out at least two days, couldn't guarantee it wouldn't be more, and I was overloaded with jobs.
All I got was- "Did you work your stores or not turn it in? I already told them I was very ill.
"It's YOUR responsibility to change your schedule. I told him I had a bad headache, didn't have the ability to schedule, my eyes hurt to read.
So I figured they were gonna dump me. The only way to shut up this idiot was " I quit". They never offered to help, take stores off.
When I got a doctors note and asked to come back, "ITS NOT A GOOD FIT RIGHT NOW" . I had to keep emailing for a reason. Finally he said it was the way I quit. They had to cover not only late ones, but all of them. THEY WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN LATE IF HE HAD USED MY CALLING IN SICK TO GET SOMEONE. He was gonna offer help, etc. But all he did was rant and rave.
They need a professional field service supervisor.
They give you lots of opportunities if you will travel 50 miles or more to a store. The gas expense eats up the 2/3 hours of work. I don't recommend them.
Pros
Schedule yourself, direct deposit.
Cons
You "aren't a good fit" if you are ill and they do not listen.
Good Learning Experience
Merchandiser - Southern California (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 9, 2015
A person could learn a lot from the company's guidelines and trainings. The schedule is flexible, but an employee could expect to a long wait for the next job to become available.
Field Service Rep - Merchandising
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNAugust 9, 2015
This is was my first position in Merchandising. I enjoyed working with the stores and meeting new people. Great way to network and learn how stores really work and the work their employees are required to complete.
Ok but could get more work
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 21, 2015
I have only been with this company for a couple of months I like the contract part but hardly ever get work in Greenwood. I like that I can schedule what time I can service a store.
Flexible Merchandising Position offers Great Work/Life Balance
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJuly 17, 2015
A typical work day requires that you accept an available opportunity in your area and receive any necessary materials; then the day includes arriving at the designated retailer where you will greet management, and explain the service to be provided. This job then requires that you pay close attention to detail and perform all services noted in the provided description and materials. All jobs can be handled by anyone with the ability to read and follow directions; no other special skills are required. Once the service is documented and all information has been uploaded to the online system, you are free to discuss the job with the store manager and be finished.
Pros
Flexibility, simple reporting system
Cons
Working 'team' jobs where others are not as responsible as you
Low-paying temporary work
Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 15, 2015
I learned to do many different jobs and enjoyed the co-workers, but I wasn't compensated fairly and was abruptly laid off.
Laid back and go at your own pace
Merchandiser/Vendor (Current Employee) –  Fredericktown, MOJuly 13, 2015
Lawrence allows you to work on your own time at your own pace. So its a good go to job for someone who needs flexible hours. Lawrence gives you the opportunity to work in several locations which is great because you get to work in different environments on a regular basis
great part-time job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2015
this job is great and you get the chance to meet many new faces. This job is great for students and is very easy to learn. You will get the chance to meet new people everyday and learn new tasks ofte.
This is a fun and independent job.
Field Rep (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CoMay 19, 2015
I love this job as a Field Rep but I do not work enough hours. A regular day at the office would require me to arrive at the store, sign into the vendor log, talk to the Manager briefly and let him know what project I'm there to accomplish for that day. Everyday is a different project.
Pros
Independent Job.
Cons
This job does not offer many hours.
Excellent Communication
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 4, 2015
My experience with this company has been very good. The lines of communication are always open. They provide their reps with all the tools needed to be successful.
Must be a motivated, self starter to be a merchandiser.
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 9, 2015
Lawrence Merchandising is a good company to work for. An individual will thrive if they are used to being a self starter. You must have great organizational and communication skills so that retail clients are happy with your work. I was hired on a project that payed well and when the project was done they lowered my base pay. I called my supervisor to ask if I could submit a request for a pay raise. I was denied.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Don't pay enough
Great job if you can work on your own
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 24, 2015
Great job if you can work on your own. Hardest part of the job is having enough product. The best part of the job is working with all the different customers
Hours Vary
Senior Merchandising Rep (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 1, 2015
This job varies from week to week. There is some continuity work, but the hours vary. Around Christmas, there is quite a bit of work. However, at other times of the year, it varies quite a bit.
Pros
independent work
Cons
hours vary