Lawrence Merchandising Employee Reviews

Flexible
Merchandising product, standing (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYMarch 8, 2017
If you are just needing a supplement income this is the job for you. You can schedule your own hours and days. There are minimal jobs but you can grab them as the opportunities present themselves.
I enjoyed this job; left after my Area Team Lead passed away
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COMarch 7, 2017
I enjoyed working for them. For the most part clear instructions were provided for duties, management support was available, I was left to do my job and report in online. The only reason I left was because my Area Team Lead passed away, and she had always loved my work. The person who took her place was not a good fit with me, nitpicking over things I had done for three years. Pay was "per job" at $40, but 4 hours was alotted, so it averaged to $10.00/hour.
Pros
Setting my own hours, making beautiful displays
Cons
None really, until my manager passed away and the person they put in was awful
I go too involved.
Retail Service Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 18, 2017
To make money, I scheduled too much on the road for another entity within the company and when I got to my job, there was nothing I could do so they fired me.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Hired no jobs listed, unorganized, run as fast as you can to another company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  SCFebruary 10, 2017
Too bad the stores use this company, lots of passed dues, maybe one listing a month, rude coordinator. Says the printing is included in the pay. Ink is expensive!.
Pros
Cons
no jobs listed in your login
great opportunity
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  kansas city moFebruary 7, 2017
working for this company has been great, it is flexible and has given me the hours i need. the managers are very helpful. The hardest part is scheduling your days which isnt very hard at all.
Terrible place to work
retail merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 2, 2017
All sounds good until you really get the job. Have to have a smartphone and you spend more time on trying to get the job submitted than doing the actual work because their app is so poor.
The management will lie to you and never back you up.
The $10 an hour is not worth it from a place like this.
Pros
Cons
below par management, and little work, low pay

Comment – February 3, 2017

I agree with you, not a good place. Told I was the default person when a gift card project came up, and then I see another lady doing the work. What's up with that?

Comment – February 5, 2017

I agree with you. They are big on this default merchandiser. I was hired as a default for a grocery store servicing gift cards. I never got any work. When I asked management they always had a different story about what was happening. Why waste my time?

Poor Management/Low Pay/Few Hours
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 13, 2017
I have been with the company for over a year and have had five different supervisors. You can make your own schedule, that's the only positive thing about the job. One week you can work 30 hours another 3. They do not pay any overtime, or actual drive time, they pay what google maps says during slow times. They pay .10 an hour worked for printing directions but some of the directions can be up to 20 pages (color). Management could not care less about employees, and have no people skills. They pay $10/hr., it barely covers drive time and gas. I drive ten miles each way to my store, with projects taking as little as twenty minutes. If you're looking to make money, this is not the place.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Few Hours, Poor Management, No Benefits
great place to work!!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJanuary 10, 2017
love this company! PLENTY of work available, great pay, communication is open and they never bother you with unnecessary visits, emails, or phone calls.
Poor business structure
Field Service Representative (FSR) (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 5, 2017
The title says it all. I was hired by a friendly and as helpful as they could be management team. However, it sounded great but little did I know all other negatives lied ahead. $10/hr was all good, but the work would last no more then 15min-2hrs and I'd be luck to get more then a couple projects a weeks. Basically, I'd put in 4hrs a week at best. Compensation for ink and paper used is a far cry from compensated, not including gas for traveling. The instructions for projects lacked clarity, and detailed steps. The worst part of it all, is majority of the clients were totally unaware of our presences or scheduled arrival. Overall, all of this created a disorganized mess, and at times, embarrassment. Having a friendly group doesn't pay the bills or help gain experience.
Pros
Friendly team, no skills required
Cons
Awful pay/compensation, Disorganized, lack of work
violation of the law
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 23, 2016
refused to pay mileage from store to store, so I quit. I liked the work, but they were very store oriented and what the store said they went with.
Pros
Cons
as stated above
was a good experience .
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNNovember 7, 2016
I didn't work there for so long nut the two weeks i did was nice positive people the management was really good we work together.
great work enviroment
Vendor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 29, 2016
Fun place to work liked travelling to various different locations to work. And working with many different stores with a variety of customers. They were all very friendly and respectful
Pros
rembursted gas mileage
Cons
lots of travling
Terrible pay & not enough hours
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 22, 2016
Terrible pay for the amount of time. They give you allotted time to complete jobs but it's never enough. They promised 20+ hours (never had more than 10) not enough work in any given week. They post odd jobs that are miles away. It just doesn't pay to ride an hour for such a low pay. Why they are posting for hire in my area is weird. I don't have any hours and they post for more employees? Strange! Not worth the time.
Cons
Low pay, not enough hours
A big fat joke!!!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Natchitoches, LASeptember 23, 2016
I was hired by them very recently. They never give you any jobs to go and do....Ever!, and they have what they call opportunity jobs.that are like and hour and a half from your location,and are not mandatory. and those jobs are only like 45 mins of pay....terrible company....Stay Away!!!
Pros
Cons
everything
Lawrence Merchandising
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILAugust 31, 2016
This is the type of job that you preform on your own. You set the schedule with the company, merchandise as required, preform your job, and consult your contact person during your visit. Overall I enjoyed this job & recommend this job if you like working on your own!
Great pay, Flexible hours.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKJune 2, 2016
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time working with Lawrence Merchandising Services and would recommend this company to anyone who feels flexibility is important.
Terrible pay
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CAMay 27, 2016
They pay for travel, but not enough. You got to meet others occasionally when resets were performed which required several employees to complete the project
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
pay
If you have integrity this is NOT the job for you
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 29, 2016
Besides not getting paid for travel, you get to go into stores that are a mess and you are expected to restock them, do an inventory, take pictures and complete a survey all in 1 hour - impossible. If you need more time and you call in and ask for it you are told to use the allotted time given. However, if you use more time trying to finish everything that is required of you to do then you are scolded for utilizing additional time. I thought this would be a great, flexible job that I could perform as simply as stated on the videos. However, for my area where stores are numerous, as well as, the traffic, it did not turn out to be a good fit for me. At the end of the day, I was unable to complete each task and was reprimanded for using additional time.
I spent 8 hours in the field to only be paid for 4 1/2 - the other 3 1/2 hour was in traffic which I was not paid.
Flexible
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 21, 2016
Great place to work if you want to manage your own hours and have flexibility. Pay is quite low unfortunately.
You get to chose how much and how often you work.
It is all set up on their website and once you accept a job you get all your instructions to print off and go and complete the job.
Excellent Job for Part-Time Work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  OklahomaApril 16, 2016
I am a mother and wife, and I love to work. Due to my responsibilities at home, I can no longer work full time and raise a family while supporting my wonderful husband. Fortunately for me, Lawrence Merchandising offers me a great way to contribute to my family income and still keep busy and feel involved with the work scene.

This job is part-time, which is exactly what I was looking for. I've always loved retail and in-store work, which was a plus for me. The hiring process was a tad complicated with I-9's and such, but I really wanted a job that was flexible, so the extra paperwork was worth it. I was just really glad to have a job that catered to my lifestyle!

I know a lot of people say that there are not many opportunities available, thus making this job hard to manage, but fortunately for me, that is not really the case. I have a full schedule that fills out the rest of the month (March 2016), which has jobs all over my state, in particularly my area that I agreed to service. I feel like a job hog because there are so many opportunities, that I keep accepting and earning income. Things might change next month and it be my turn to sit at home, but for now, things are definitely great!

I really enjoy traveling and going to new places and meeting people, so going around the circuit to different stores is right up my alley. I just returned from Joplin, Mo (I'm from Tulsa, OK area) and have signed up to go to Coffeyville, KS next week. I am covering everywhere in between, and have opportunity to go all the way to OKC if I so desired. I sort of feel that
  more... it's just the season of things, and that like normal work, opportunities come and go and you have to be on the ball and accept them.

I think another plus for me is that I enjoy networking and being online, and this is definitely geared toward someone who uses technology and is opened minded to printing, organization, time management, online self-taught training videos, as well as self-motivation. I particularly enjoy working with an online content management system that you log into and report your job results. I think that is an amazing tool! I'm super excited about that feature with LMS. It makes me feel like an actual employee vs some 3rd party worker that they randomly hired. I definitely feel like part of a team.

Something that you may want to consider, is that you need to be willing to invest in your job to make life as easy as possible for you while on the job. I have bought a few tools for success, as I call them, to help me effectively do my job. They include, a basic folder, to have something to write on, and to keep my paperwork for my service calls with me at all times while working, printer paper because you will be printing a decent amount of job instructions, I stocked up on a few black printer inks and downloaded online coupons to help level out the prices, and I also upgraded my phone. All these things, especially the phone upgrade, are totally optional, and are NOT required, however, I wanted to go all in, so I did all these things. Except for printer paper and ink, you probably won't need any of these items, only if you want to be comfortable. Some job instructions say to print a few items, but the job is structured to be a fully online, mobile technology job. I upgraded my phone because you take photos of the work you do and I opted to purchase an iPhone 6 to accommodate my love for technology.

And to be honest, there is a printing reimbursement option within the system that you can apply for, but I have not cashed in on the option, mainly because I print in black and white. I have had LMS mail me print outs, materials for working such as boxes, bubble wrap, in-store stickers, ect so I was not out those expenses. I genuinely feel like LMS tries their best to set you up for success by mailing you as many items for the job as possible. About half of the jobs I have taken on have strictly stated NOT TO WORK THE JOB until you had RECEIVED THE MAILED MATERIALS so you could properly do the job. I even had them overnight me a box of work materials when I took on a request for help last minute. I was surprise and extremely happy with them for doing so. I have never had another employer care about my comfort on a job as much as LSM.

As for travel, you can apply for bonuses, so when others say that travel is not covered, maybe this option wasn't always available? I just know that every time I have asked for funding, I have received it with same day confirmation. I recently went out of state to work a job and asked for travel, and it was granted. I feel as if you present your case to LMS, you will be heard.

And speaking of interaction, I really love the interaction between the FSC's and me, (us,) the FSR's. I have personally called them when I had a question doing a service call, and they walked me through everything, and were amazingly friendly. I have read from other reviewers that they were no support, but I can't imagine that ever being an option. Perhaps they had an overhaul and hired new support and changed their system, but in my experience, reaching out for help and confirmation has never been a problem. Questions are welcomed!

The only thing that I have yet to understand about this company is the career track that this job presents. What comes after FSR? FSC? Probably. But then what? Anything? Those are the next things I will learn and understand. I'd like to stay with this job for as long as possible, so I'm always looking UP, because that's where I'm going! Understanding the ladder would be helpful, and I feel like perhaps they should show the bigger picture on the website/training materials so we have a better grasps of what we're working towards.

Overall, if you're looking for an income supplement that is FLEXIBLE, has lots of travel, and are willing to invest in yourself and experience something new, pick Lawrence. You won't be sorry! :) This is literally my new favorite dream job - working the hours I choose, making extra money for my family, and having fun! :)
Pros
Bonus for travel, Printing reimbursement, Friendly FSC, Flexibility, Online reporting of work, Emails, Use your phone for work
Cons
No local offices, never get to meet your FSC in person, Headquarters is really far away

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lawrence Merchandising. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8