Lawrence Merchandising

Lawrence Merchandising Employee Reviews

I enjoyed this job; left after my Area Team Lead passed away
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COMarch 7, 2017
I enjoyed working for them. For the most part clear instructions were provided for duties, management support was available, I was left to do my job and report in online. The only reason I left was because my Area Team Lead passed away, and she had always loved my work. The person who took her place was not a good fit with me, nitpicking over things I had done for three years. Pay was "per job" at $40, but 4 hours was alotted, so it averaged to $10.00/hour.
Pros
Setting my own hours, making beautiful displays
Cons
None really, until my manager passed away and the person they put in was awful
Poor Management/Low Pay/Few Hours
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 13, 2017
I have been with the company for over a year and have had five different supervisors. You can make your own schedule, that's the only positive thing about the job. One week you can work 30 hours another 3. They do not pay any overtime, or actual drive time, they pay what google maps says during slow times. They pay .10 an hour worked for printing directions but some of the directions can be up to 20 pages (color). Management could not care less about employees, and have no people skills. They pay $10/hr., it barely covers drive time and gas. I drive ten miles each way to my store, with projects taking as little as twenty minutes. If you're looking to make money, this is not the place.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Few Hours, Poor Management, No Benefits
Terrible place to work
retail merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 2, 2017
All sounds good until you really get the job. Have to have a smartphone and you spend more time on trying to get the job submitted than doing the actual work because their app is so poor.
The management will lie to you and never back you up.
The $10 an hour is not worth it from a place like this.
Pros
Cons
below par management, and little work, low pay

Comment – February 3, 2017

I agree with you, not a good place. Told I was the default person when a gift card project came up, and then I see another lady doing the work. What's up with that?

Comment – February 5, 2017

I agree with you. They are big on this default merchandiser. I was hired as a default for a grocery store servicing gift cards. I never got any work. When I asked management they always had a different story about what was happening. Why waste my time?

Poor business structure
Field Service Representative (FSR) (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 5, 2017
The title says it all. I was hired by a friendly and as helpful as they could be management team. However, it sounded great but little did I know all other negatives lied ahead. $10/hr was all good, but the work would last no more then 15min-2hrs and I'd be luck to get more then a couple projects a weeks. Basically, I'd put in 4hrs a week at best. Compensation for ink and paper used is a far cry from compensated, not including gas for traveling. The instructions for projects lacked clarity, and detailed steps. The worst part of it all, is majority of the clients were totally unaware of our presences or scheduled arrival. Overall, all of this created a disorganized mess, and at times, embarrassment. Having a friendly group doesn't pay the bills or help gain experience.
Pros
Friendly team, no skills required
Cons
Awful pay/compensation, Disorganized, lack of work
Terrible pay & not enough hours
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 22, 2016
Terrible pay for the amount of time. They give you allotted time to complete jobs but it's never enough. They promised 20+ hours (never had more than 10) not enough work in any given week. They post odd jobs that are miles away. It just doesn't pay to ride an hour for such a low pay. Why they are posting for hire in my area is weird. I don't have any hours and they post for more employees? Strange! Not worth the time.
Cons
Low pay, not enough hours
Hired no jobs listed, unorganized, run as fast as you can to another company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  SCFebruary 10, 2017
Too bad the stores use this company, lots of passed dues, maybe one listing a month, rude coordinator. Says the printing is included in the pay. Ink is expensive!.
Pros
Cons
no jobs listed in your login
Flexible
Merchandising product, standing (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYMarch 8, 2017
If you are just needing a supplement income this is the job for you. You can schedule your own hours and days. There are minimal jobs but you can grab them as the opportunities present themselves.
great opportunity
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  kansas city moFebruary 7, 2017
working for this company has been great, it is flexible and has given me the hours i need. the managers are very helpful. The hardest part is scheduling your days which isnt very hard at all.
I go too involved.
Retail Service Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 18, 2017
To make money, I scheduled too much on the road for another entity within the company and when I got to my job, there was nothing I could do so they fired me.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
A big fat joke!!!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Natchitoches, LASeptember 23, 2016
I was hired by them very recently. They never give you any jobs to go and do....Ever!, and they have what they call opportunity jobs.that are like and hour and a half from your location,and are not mandatory. and those jobs are only like 45 mins of pay....terrible company....Stay Away!!!
Pros
Cons
everything
great work enviroment
Vendor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 29, 2016
Fun place to work liked travelling to various different locations to work. And working with many different stores with a variety of customers. They were all very friendly and respectful
Pros
rembursted gas mileage
Cons
lots of travling
violation of the law
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 23, 2016
refused to pay mileage from store to store, so I quit. I liked the work, but they were very store oriented and what the store said they went with.
Pros
Cons
as stated above
great place to work!!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJanuary 10, 2017
love this company! PLENTY of work available, great pay, communication is open and they never bother you with unnecessary visits, emails, or phone calls.
Lawrence Merchandising
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILAugust 31, 2016
This is the type of job that you preform on your own. You set the schedule with the company, merchandise as required, preform your job, and consult your contact person during your visit. Overall I enjoyed this job & recommend this job if you like working on your own!
was a good experience .
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNNovember 7, 2016
I didn't work there for so long nut the two weeks i did was nice positive people the management was really good we work together.
If you have integrity this is NOT the job for you
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 29, 2016
Besides not getting paid for travel, you get to go into stores that are a mess and you are expected to restock them, do an inventory, take pictures and complete a survey all in 1 hour - impossible. If you need more time and you call in and ask for it you are told to use the allotted time given. However, if you use more time trying to finish everything that is required of you to do then you are scolded for utilizing additional time. I thought this would be a great, flexible job that I could perform as simply as stated on the videos. However, for my area where stores are numerous, as well as, the traffic, it did not turn out to be a good fit for me. At the end of the day, I was unable to complete each task and was reprimanded for using additional time.
I spent 8 hours in the field to only be paid for 4 1/2 - the other 3 1/2 hour was in traffic which I was not paid.
I enjoyed working with all employees I worked with. Enjoyed having settings to close to perfection as close as possible
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaApril 9, 2016
I enjoyed working for Lawrence but was unhappy to never receive a raise after being there 8 yrs. All my work was sent on the computer.I would go to receiving to get all my materials unpack them read pog. to put product on the right panel.
Good job if you want to work for 45 mins once a month
Field Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  WVApril 11, 2016
They advertised positions available in my area. Been here two months and have yet to see one job in my area. Best thing about this company is they give you plenty of time to work in other part time positions.

Just can't understand why they even advertised in my area.
Pros
Haven't seen any yet.
Cons
No work
Flexible
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 21, 2016
Great place to work if you want to manage your own hours and have flexibility. Pay is quite low unfortunately.
You get to chose how much and how often you work.
It is all set up on their website and once you accept a job you get all your instructions to print off and go and complete the job.
Great Supplement Income
Merchandising Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MN 55441February 6, 2016
Working here would be great for a retired person looking for something to give them a LITTLE cash and get them out of their house. When reading the job description I know it would be part time but I didn't realize how few hours there would be. It was a great opportunity to gain experience in the field and add more to my resume.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, Work at own pace, Experience
Cons
Too few hours, poor instructions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lawrence Merchandising. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8