Lawrence Merchandising Employee Reviews in United States

If you have integrity this is NOT the job for you
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 29, 2016
Besides not getting paid for travel, you get to go into stores that are a mess and you are expected to restock them, do an inventory, take pictures and complete a survey all in 1 hour - impossible. If you need more time and you call in and ask for it you are told to use the allotted time given. However, if you use more time trying to finish everything that is required of you to do then you are scolded for utilizing additional time. I thought this would be a great, flexible job that I could perform as simply as stated on the videos. However, for my area where stores are numerous, as well as, the traffic, it did not turn out to be a good fit for me. At the end of the day, I was unable to complete each task and was reprimanded for using additional time.
I spent 8 hours in the field to only be paid for 4 1/2 - the other 3 1/2 hour was in traffic which I was not paid.
Flexible
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 21, 2016
Great place to work if you want to manage your own hours and have flexibility. Pay is quite low unfortunately.
You get to chose how much and how often you work.
It is all set up on their website and once you accept a job you get all your instructions to print off and go and complete the job.
Excellent Job for Part-Time Work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  OklahomaApril 16, 2016
I am a mother and wife, and I love to work. Due to my responsibilities at home, I can no longer work full time and raise a family while supporting my wonderful husband. Fortunately for me, Lawrence Merchandising offers me a great way to contribute to my family income and still keep busy and feel involved with the work scene.

This job is part-time, which is exactly what I was looking for. I've always loved retail and in-store work, which was a plus for me. The hiring process was a tad complicated with I-9's and such, but I really wanted a job that was flexible, so the extra paperwork was worth it. I was just really glad to have a job that catered to my lifestyle!

I know a lot of people say that there are not many opportunities available, thus making this job hard to manage, but fortunately for me, that is not really the case. I have a full schedule that fills out the rest of the month (March 2016), which has jobs all over my state, in particularly my area that I agreed to service. I feel like a job hog because there are so many opportunities, that I keep accepting and earning income. Things might change next month and it be my turn to sit at home, but for now, things are definitely great!

I really enjoy traveling and going to new places and meeting people, so going around the circuit to different stores is right up my alley. I just returned from Joplin, Mo (I'm from Tulsa, OK area) and have signed up to go to Coffeyville, KS next week. I am covering everywhere in between, and have opportunity to go all the way to OKC if I so desired. I sort of feel that
  more... it's just the season of things, and that like normal work, opportunities come and go and you have to be on the ball and accept them.

I think another plus for me is that I enjoy networking and being online, and this is definitely geared toward someone who uses technology and is opened minded to printing, organization, time management, online self-taught training videos, as well as self-motivation. I particularly enjoy working with an online content management system that you log into and report your job results. I think that is an amazing tool! I'm super excited about that feature with LMS. It makes me feel like an actual employee vs some 3rd party worker that they randomly hired. I definitely feel like part of a team.

Something that you may want to consider, is that you need to be willing to invest in your job to make life as easy as possible for you while on the job. I have bought a few tools for success, as I call them, to help me effectively do my job. They include, a basic folder, to have something to write on, and to keep my paperwork for my service calls with me at all times while working, printer paper because you will be printing a decent amount of job instructions, I stocked up on a few black printer inks and downloaded online coupons to help level out the prices, and I also upgraded my phone. All these things, especially the phone upgrade, are totally optional, and are NOT required, however, I wanted to go all in, so I did all these things. Except for printer paper and ink, you probably won't need any of these items, only if you want to be comfortable. Some job instructions say to print a few items, but the job is structured to be a fully online, mobile technology job. I upgraded my phone because you take photos of the work you do and I opted to purchase an iPhone 6 to accommodate my love for technology.

And to be honest, there is a printing reimbursement option within the system that you can apply for, but I have not cashed in on the option, mainly because I print in black and white. I have had LMS mail me print outs, materials for working such as boxes, bubble wrap, in-store stickers, ect so I was not out those expenses. I genuinely feel like LMS tries their best to set you up for success by mailing you as many items for the job as possible. About half of the jobs I have taken on have strictly stated NOT TO WORK THE JOB until you had RECEIVED THE MAILED MATERIALS so you could properly do the job. I even had them overnight me a box of work materials when I took on a request for help last minute. I was surprise and extremely happy with them for doing so. I have never had another employer care about my comfort on a job as much as LSM.

As for travel, you can apply for bonuses, so when others say that travel is not covered, maybe this option wasn't always available? I just know that every time I have asked for funding, I have received it with same day confirmation. I recently went out of state to work a job and asked for travel, and it was granted. I feel as if you present your case to LMS, you will be heard.

And speaking of interaction, I really love the interaction between the FSC's and me, (us,) the FSR's. I have personally called them when I had a question doing a service call, and they walked me through everything, and were amazingly friendly. I have read from other reviewers that they were no support, but I can't imagine that ever being an option. Perhaps they had an overhaul and hired new support and changed their system, but in my experience, reaching out for help and confirmation has never been a problem. Questions are welcomed!

The only thing that I have yet to understand about this company is the career track that this job presents. What comes after FSR? FSC? Probably. But then what? Anything? Those are the next things I will learn and understand. I'd like to stay with this job for as long as possible, so I'm always looking UP, because that's where I'm going! Understanding the ladder would be helpful, and I feel like perhaps they should show the bigger picture on the website/training materials so we have a better grasps of what we're working towards.

Overall, if you're looking for an income supplement that is FLEXIBLE, has lots of travel, and are willing to invest in yourself and experience something new, pick Lawrence. You won't be sorry! :) This is literally my new favorite dream job - working the hours I choose, making extra money for my family, and having fun! :)
Pros
Bonus for travel, Printing reimbursement, Friendly FSC, Flexibility, Online reporting of work, Emails, Use your phone for work
Cons
No local offices, never get to meet your FSC in person, Headquarters is really far away
Good job if you want to work for 45 mins once a month
Field Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  WVApril 11, 2016
They advertised positions available in my area. Been here two months and have yet to see one job in my area. Best thing about this company is they give you plenty of time to work in other part time positions.

Just can't understand why they even advertised in my area.
Pros
Haven't seen any yet.
Cons
No work
I enjoyed working with all employees I worked with. Enjoyed having settings to close to perfection as close as possible
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaApril 9, 2016
I enjoyed working for Lawrence but was unhappy to never receive a raise after being there 8 yrs. All my work was sent on the computer.I would go to receiving to get all my materials unpack them read pog. to put product on the right panel.
A very flexible company
Merchandising Representative (Current Employee) –  New Market, VAMarch 28, 2016
Lawrence is a very flexible company to work with in the realm of your time management. The training is through and directions to each job are easy to understand.
Fun place to work
Vendor Representative (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 15, 2016
I like working for Lawrence Merchandising because it is different from my normal full time job. I get to go into Target or other stores depending on where they need me and stock Jewelry and/or Sunglasses. I also do relabeling of different products when needed.
Pros
Make my own hours.
Cons
work away from home
Great Supplement Income
Merchandising Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MN 55441February 6, 2016
Working here would be great for a retired person looking for something to give them a LITTLE cash and get them out of their house. When reading the job description I know it would be part time but I didn't realize how few hours there would be. It was a great opportunity to gain experience in the field and add more to my resume.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, Work at own pace, Experience
Cons
Too few hours, poor instructions
Would not recommend
Field Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  MDFebruary 4, 2016
This company constantly changes management. Pay is very low and travel time is not paid unless it causes you to fall below minimum wage. Field staff is treated very poorly considering they are the face of the company.
Pros
Cons
Pay, travel time
Not enough hours, Worked 2 hours a month.
field service representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, PAJanuary 21, 2016
Could not get enough hours to compensate tracking jobs on the website and driving to locations, printing instructions and planograms, and using your cell phone. Automatic termination notice sent for 1 late report in LMS. Only got offered 2 locations at 1 hour intervals a month. Not worth the hassle and time you spend driving and using your own materials.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Not enough hours
Horrible Place to work
merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 21, 2016
I had been with the company six months and have had three different supervisors. Although you can make your own schedule, there are weeks where there are no jobs and you have no income. FSC's sent out "desperation" emails to fill jobs at the last minute but were never posted on the opportunities board. One week you can work 60 hours another 10. They do not pay any overtime, or actual drive time, they pay what google maps says during slow times. Sometimes they will pay a bonus but it does not cover hours travelled AND gas. They pay .10 an hour worked for printing directions but some of the directions can be up to 20 pages (color). Management does not care about the employees at all. You usually work alone but occasionally work with another person. The worst part of the job is the pay but the best part is you can make your own schedule and move things around.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
treat you poorly, nickel and dime you
joke
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  St. Marys, PAJanuary 13, 2016
This place is a joke. Was on payroll for 3 weeks with not one job to do in my area. Training was ridiculous...all about working in a Target store. There isn't a Target within 100 miles of me!! Never bothered to pay me for the training either. Don't waste your time if you want a REAL job.
Pros
Cons
everything
Inconsistant
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lenoir, NCJanuary 5, 2016
Available work in my area is very inconsistent. The online training is easy and self explanatory. This would be a great part-time job is more work were available.
Flexibility
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Kosciusko, MSDecember 9, 2015
I like having the flexiiblity of the jobs and the different types of jobs given. I have learned to do nail polish resets, formula resets and have done various different jobs. Some jobs I work in work and some I do alone.
Beware
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Southside VaNovember 23, 2015
If you are new and get really sick, you lose your job, even with a doctors note.
I emailed that I would be out at least two days, couldn't guarantee it wouldn't be more, and I was overloaded with jobs.
All I got was- "Did you work your stores or not turn it in? I already told them I was very ill.
"It's YOUR responsibility to change your schedule. I told him I had a bad headache, didn't have the ability to schedule, my eyes hurt to read.
So I figured they were gonna dump me. The only way to shut up this idiot was " I quit". They never offered to help, take stores off.
When I got a doctors note and asked to come back, "ITS NOT A GOOD FIT RIGHT NOW" . I had to keep emailing for a reason. Finally he said it was the way I quit. They had to cover not only late ones, but all of them. THEY WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN LATE IF HE HAD USED MY CALLING IN SICK TO GET SOMEONE. He was gonna offer help, etc. But all he did was rant and rave.
They need a professional field service supervisor.
They give you lots of opportunities if you will travel 50 miles or more to a store. The gas expense eats up the 2/3 hours of work. I don't recommend them.
Pros
Schedule yourself, direct deposit.
Cons
You "aren't a good fit" if you are ill and they do not listen.
Good Learning Experience
Merchandiser - Southern California (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 9, 2015
A person could learn a lot from the company's guidelines and trainings. The schedule is flexible, but an employee could expect to a long wait for the next job to become available.
Field Service Rep - Merchandising
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNAugust 9, 2015
This is was my first position in Merchandising. I enjoyed working with the stores and meeting new people. Great way to network and learn how stores really work and the work their employees are required to complete.
Ok but could get more work
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 21, 2015
I have only been with this company for a couple of months I like the contract part but hardly ever get work in Greenwood. I like that I can schedule what time I can service a store.
Flexible Merchandising Position offers Great Work/Life Balance
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJuly 17, 2015
A typical work day requires that you accept an available opportunity in your area and receive any necessary materials; then the day includes arriving at the designated retailer where you will greet management, and explain the service to be provided. This job then requires that you pay close attention to detail and perform all services noted in the provided description and materials. All jobs can be handled by anyone with the ability to read and follow directions; no other special skills are required. Once the service is documented and all information has been uploaded to the online system, you are free to discuss the job with the store manager and be finished.
Pros
Flexibility, simple reporting system
Cons
Working 'team' jobs where others are not as responsible as you
Low-paying temporary work
Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 15, 2015
I learned to do many different jobs and enjoyed the co-workers, but I wasn't compensated fairly and was abruptly laid off.