Lawrence Merchandising Employee Reviews

Company was great at first
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  VAOctober 2, 2017
Company was great at first BUT after a while it wasn't. A lot of miscommunication regarding job description. If you make a mistake your job hours disappear.
Pros
Pick your jobs
Cons
Can't be too choosy because then you will not get a job at all
Stay away
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New York StateJuly 29, 2017
The pay is antiquated - $10.00 an hour and it never changes. Other companies start at $12.00 and some pay drive time and mileage. Currently I am at $14.00 per hour with drive time and mileage and a steady 20 hours per week with more during holidays. Be careful of the flexibility and never take more then two weeks off (without pay) or else you will be fired.
And then the manager will lie about you and say that you quit. A very unreliable company.
Pros
Part Time
Cons
Pay and the company culture-very disappointing.
Not worth your time
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  TNJuly 27, 2017
Pay is poor for the time you put in. The job may say it takes 2 hours, but it doesn't. No pay for travel time to jobs. If you take these jobs always ask for a bonus.
Pros
freedom to schedule
Cons
Not composted for drive time, poor pay
Very poor company
merchandising (Current Employee) –  NYJuly 17, 2017
Have been employed with this company for a few years. No pay increases since the beginning.

Fits in nicely with my busy schedule. They do not have many hours to offer though.

As an employee I feel they could care less about their field service employees. Very rude if I am ever able to get to talk with someone, which is not often..

I would never recommend anyone to work for this company
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Rude corporate employees, not enough work, not any notice before you have a job to do, horrible pay
Fun workplace always busy
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 8, 2017
Always something to do great people always someone to help if needed easy online scheduling great experience for me to get to know a new area. Really enjoy this company/ job
Friendly work environment
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 31, 2017
I admired the training and communication that is available with the Area Supervisor. In any situation, you are able to contact a supervisor and the possibility of receiving a person at the store is very real.
Pros
Fun/Friendly Work Enviroment
Cons
Fast Paced Work Environment
Great flexibility
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  KentuckyMay 20, 2017
You have the ability to see your work week and move things around to suit your family obligations. You are interacting with different people everyday, which I personally love. Having worked in an office for many years it's nice not to do 9 to 5. If you have an emergency or maybe a question about your assignment the home office is always there and will help you. I have never had a bad experience with the home office assisting me with a question or help.
Pros
Flexibility in work schedule, clear instructions, help at home office with anything you have a question about.
Cons
Wish yrs of service offered more pay and rarely a job will take more time than given
Lawrence Merchanding as field representative for retail in Marin County
Vendor Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 14, 2017
I enjoyed working for Lawrence Merchandising and thought it was a great opportunity. I thanked my field coordinator for giving me her time and expertise.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
excessive mileage
Good Company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 2, 2017
Overall I love how the job is very flexible. When it comes down to rescheduling jobs, its a breeze. Also, having the freedom to work independently it's fun and peaceful! Meeting new people and taking a break when needed is awesome. But there are some cons. For instance, the hours given for the amount of pay isn't enough. And you will know when they are starting to get tired/rid of you... decrease of hours...jobs taken off...and being called for simple things. And remember it's the clients words over yours. Meaning they always win and you always lose.
Pros
Flexiblity, Freedom
Cons
Pay, Hours
Great part-time job for a self-starter!
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 28, 2017
I have been with LMS for just under a year. And there were some lean months in the first quarter, but now there is more work than I could imagine. I have 4 stores and work some every week. I'm in S. Florida, and the supervisor for this zone is incredible. The flexibility is unparalleled and the wages are sufficient. I can't imagine any other part-time position being more flexible or fun!
Pros
Make your own hours.
Cons
Default manager positions take a little while to get. But they do come!
Decent workplace when in need of a job.
Merchandising Representative (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 19, 2017
A typical day at work is relatively easy if you are good at following directions.

No micromanaging but communication lacks.

Management is ok but projects are not given often.

The hardest of the job is the lack of communication.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the independence.
Interesting work, Poor Pay
Service Rep (Former Employee) –  New Mexico, California and OregonApril 14, 2017
I worked for LMS for nearly 6 yrs. I loved it for most of the time. I was in different stores in 3 different states. I appreciated that the job was able to follow me, for the most part. In all the years I worked for LMS, I turned around the jewelry/sunglasses departments at 3 Target stores from nearly being on the brink of disaster. I sadly, did not receive any recognition for my efforts. I helped set up the jewelry and sunglasses departments at a brand new Target, and was not appreciated for that effort. I also filled in at the last moment for many sick reps. I always completed my jobs and had stellar relationships with management at every store I worked at, but was never offered more than $10 an hour. We had paid into a life insurance policy for several years, and they took that away. I finally gave up on the company and resigned a year ago. I'm sorry this company does not pay for expertise and loyalty.
Pros
Flexibility. Interesting work
Cons
Absolutely no pay increases or proper recognition for work above and beyond.
Flexible
Merchandising product, standing (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYMarch 8, 2017
If you are just needing a supplement income this is the job for you. You can schedule your own hours and days. There are minimal jobs but you can grab them as the opportunities present themselves.
I enjoyed this job; left after my Area Team Lead passed away
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COMarch 7, 2017
I enjoyed working for them. For the most part clear instructions were provided for duties, management support was available, I was left to do my job and report in online. The only reason I left was because my Area Team Lead passed away, and she had always loved my work. The person who took her place was not a good fit with me, nitpicking over things I had done for three years. Pay was "per job" at $40, but 4 hours was alotted, so it averaged to $10.00/hour.
Pros
Setting my own hours, making beautiful displays
Cons
None really, until my manager passed away and the person they put in was awful
I go too involved.
Retail Service Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 18, 2017
To make money, I scheduled too much on the road for another entity within the company and when I got to my job, there was nothing I could do so they fired me.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Hired no jobs listed, unorganized, run as fast as you can to another company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  SCFebruary 10, 2017
Too bad the stores use this company, lots of passed dues, maybe one listing a month, rude coordinator. Says the printing is included in the pay. Ink is expensive!.
Pros
Cons
no jobs listed in your login
great opportunity
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  kansas city moFebruary 7, 2017
working for this company has been great, it is flexible and has given me the hours i need. the managers are very helpful. The hardest part is scheduling your days which isnt very hard at all.
Terrible place to work
retail merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 2, 2017
All sounds good until you really get the job. Have to have a smartphone and you spend more time on trying to get the job submitted than doing the actual work because their app is so poor.
The management will lie to you and never back you up.
The $10 an hour is not worth it from a place like this.
Pros
Cons
below par management, and little work, low pay

Comment – February 3, 2017

I agree with you, not a good place. Told I was the default person when a gift card project came up, and then I see another lady doing the work. What's up with that?

Comment – February 5, 2017

I agree with you. They are big on this default merchandiser. I was hired as a default for a grocery store servicing gift cards. I never got any work. When I asked management they always had a different story about what was happening. Why waste my time?

Poor Management/Low Pay/Few Hours
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 13, 2017
I have been with the company for over a year and have had five different supervisors. You can make your own schedule, that's the only positive thing about the job. One week you can work 30 hours another 3. They do not pay any overtime, or actual drive time, they pay what google maps says during slow times. They pay .10 an hour worked for printing directions but some of the directions can be up to 20 pages (color). Management could not care less about employees, and have no people skills. They pay $10/hr., it barely covers drive time and gas. I drive ten miles each way to my store, with projects taking as little as twenty minutes. If you're looking to make money, this is not the place.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Few Hours, Poor Management, No Benefits
great place to work!!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJanuary 10, 2017
love this company! PLENTY of work available, great pay, communication is open and they never bother you with unnecessary visits, emails, or phone calls.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lawrence Merchandising. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8