Lawrence Technological University Employee Reviews

Positive energy at workplace
Lab Engineer (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 5, 2017
Such a great experience for me to be there everyday, I'am enjoying my time working, sharing and learning new skills with my colleagues. Work environment is friendly and positive which helps us overcome our daily challenges to get the projects done in ease.
Great small school
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 6, 2017
Great school, small community, everyone knows each other, diverse community
Great success rate
local employers trust the quality of the school
not overrated
Lawrence Technological University
•Completed 18 Hours of Lean Six Sigma (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INApril 16, 2017
Lawrence Technological University is a private, by and by centered college giving understudies a thorough, superb training – an instruction that pays off. The Brookings Institution positions Lawrence Technological University fifth among U.S. schools and colleges for boosting graduates' acquiring potential. Payscale.com reports that pay rates of LTU single guy's graduates are in the main 10 percent broadly
It's a wonderful school
International Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 16, 2017
Everyone is supportive and motivating around the workspace. I work at dean of students office which allows me to interact student from all over the campus
Great work environment and flexible hours.
Admissions Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 21, 2017
Call alumni to give updates about the school and talk about the LTU annual fund. Update alumni's information in the system. I get to hear stories and advice from alumni and their experience.
Great school
RESEARCH PROJECT (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 10, 2017
Great school. Great teachers. The school has a great reputation in the area and some of the brightest engineers have graduated from Lawrence Technological University.
Great people
Manager, Marketing and Support (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 21, 2017
The employees were a great resource to the students and really enjoyed the ability to assist them. It was a wonderful place to work and I would highly recommend it to anyone who loves higher education.
Well organised and Balanced Work culture
Student Assistant in Engineering Dean's (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 15, 2017
Work at Lawrence Tech is very balanced with very pretty colleague.
Management is well organised.Free food and beverages are provided.
productive and friendly people to work with
N/A (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 25, 2016
Ability to work cross-culturally with many departments, create and manage my own workload, and be self motivated and reliant.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
upward mobility
Fun place to work
Student Assistant (IT Department) (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 18, 2016
It was really fun to work with your friends at college. It supported me to manage my finances and working there is not hectic, they have flexible times and they will reschedule according to exams and classes.
Nice place to work. People are nice to work with.
Administrative Assistant/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 26, 2016
A day at work can be fast-paced depending upon the time of year. Sometimes a day at work can be extremely busy when school is in session, and at other times during the summer months, the day can be slow. I learned to multi-task to be more efficient. There can be days where our department can be short-handed and we have to make due with the personnel we have. The management is very stream-lined, with people wearing multiple hats. Co-workers are like family. We have to work together on many projects with different people all the time. The hardest part of the job is trying to do multiple jobs and not having enough personnel. The most enjoyable part of the job are my co-workers. Everyone is like a family, because we all know each other and have worked with each other many times on a variety of projects.
Pros
People are great to work with. Family environment
Cons
A lot of work divided amongst small number of people
Quality and Productivity
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 22, 2016
I am proud to pursue my MSc in civil Engineering at Lawrence Technological University, it is the place to study, work, and gain experience.
Great Place
Accounts Payable Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 23, 2016
A typical day of work consisted of working with various co-workers and dealing with various vendors. There is a lot of work with invoices and purchase orders between Lawrence Tech and other companies. I assisted in approving and entering date to print checks.
Pros
Free breakfast
On Campus Employment At My College
Traffic Control Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 12, 2016
The University itself is wonderful. They provide ample opportunities for on campus employment. As for most temporary jobs, there is not much job security or benefits but they do their best to work around your schedule.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
Job enjoyment depends on the wheather
The learning environment is good. The employers strive the employees to care about not only the company, but the clients as well.
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 28, 2016
At my workplace, I have learned how to develop strong leadership skills. These attributes have helped me communicate better among fellow employees, and lead my fellow peers in my group to complete projects on time.
Pros
Everyday, I learn something from the company that is advantageous towards my career
Cons
The workplace is somewhat limited towards my position, as I would like my job position to be more versatile
Great to work for if a teacher
International Student Affairs Representative (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 14, 2016
I have been a student and a worker at this university. Big difference in the way of treatment. When I was a student, it was very bad. But when I was a worker, I had the best director ever!!!
Subjective and challenging work place to learn, compete and fun
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 14, 2016
This place of work gave me the way to face challenges. working on the research and development side of project gave me a chance to explore more into the field of interest and made me ready for the much demanding market.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Knowledgeable, interesting, zeal to work with fun and team support.
Webmaster of Student Orgs (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 5, 2016
My work is really interesting as I come across so many people everyday and get a good chance to communicate with people in and around the organisation. My typical day in the office is such like when their is no work and wasting a bit time in chitchatting, which is useless. Management, co-workers are most friendly and supportive. In my view the hardest and enjoyable part of the job are one end same, as I try to enjoy the job in order to meet the hardest goals or deadlines.
Pros
Highly motivated and supportive team.
Cons
Always encouraging and motivating to the staff
Productive and fun place to educate and communicate with students
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 26, 2016
The TA and tutor job here give you flexible schedule. It gives you reasonable amount of working and good opportunities to communicate, teach and learn from students.
Productive and fun work place.
front desk receptionist at recreatinal centre (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 15, 2016
The work environment was very pleasant. I really learnt time management. The co- workers were very helpful and co-operative.