Lawrence Technological University Employee Reviews

Please refer to Resume
ESL ACADEMIC ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 17, 2017
I love the challenge of teaching here at Lawrence Technological University - The multicultural environment, the friendly faculty and staff. I have taught here at LTU for the past four years. For me there was no "hardest part." I love my job. I love to teach ESL.
Well organised and Balanced Work culture
Student Assistant in Engineering Dean's (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 15, 2017
Work at Lawrence Tech is very balanced with very pretty colleague.
Management is well organised.Free food and beverages are provided.
Nice place to work. People are nice to work with.
Administrative Assistant/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 26, 2016
A day at work can be fast-paced depending upon the time of year. Sometimes a day at work can be extremely busy when school is in session, and at other times during the summer months, the day can be slow. I learned to multi-task to be more efficient. There can be days where our department can be short-handed and we have to make due with the personnel we have. The management is very stream-lined, with people wearing multiple hats. Co-workers are like family. We have to work together on many projects with different people all the time. The hardest part of the job is trying to do multiple jobs and not having enough personnel. The most enjoyable part of the job are my co-workers. Everyone is like a family, because we all know each other and have worked with each other many times on a variety of projects.
Pros
People are great to work with. Family environment
Cons
A lot of work divided amongst small number of people
Fun place to work
Student Assistant (IT Department) (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 18, 2016
It was really fun to work with your friends at college. It supported me to manage my finances and working there is not hectic, they have flexible times and they will reschedule according to exams and classes.
productive and friendly people to work with
N/A (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 25, 2016
Ability to work cross-culturally with many departments, create and manage my own workload, and be self motivated and reliant.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
upward mobility
Great Place
Accounts Payable Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 23, 2016
A typical day of work consisted of working with various co-workers and dealing with various vendors. There is a lot of work with invoices and purchase orders between Lawrence Tech and other companies. I assisted in approving and entering date to print checks.
Pros
Free breakfast
The learning environment is good. The employers strive the employees to care about not only the company, but the clients as well.
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 28, 2016
At my workplace, I have learned how to develop strong leadership skills. These attributes have helped me communicate better among fellow employees, and lead my fellow peers in my group to complete projects on time.
Pros
Everyday, I learn something from the company that is advantageous towards my career
Cons
The workplace is somewhat limited towards my position, as I would like my job position to be more versatile
Quality and Productivity
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 22, 2016
I am proud to pursue my MSc in civil Engineering at Lawrence Technological University, it is the place to study, work, and gain experience.
On Campus Employment At My College
Traffic Control Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 12, 2016
The University itself is wonderful. They provide ample opportunities for on campus employment. As for most temporary jobs, there is not much job security or benefits but they do their best to work around your schedule.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
Job enjoyment depends on the wheather
Knowledgeable, interesting, zeal to work with fun and team support.
Webmaster of Student Orgs (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 5, 2016
My work is really interesting as I come across so many people everyday and get a good chance to communicate with people in and around the organisation. My typical day in the office is such like when their is no work and wasting a bit time in chitchatting, which is useless. Management, co-workers are most friendly and supportive. In my view the hardest and enjoyable part of the job are one end same, as I try to enjoy the job in order to meet the hardest goals or deadlines.
Pros
Highly motivated and supportive team.
Cons
Always encouraging and motivating to the staff
Subjective and challenging work place to learn, compete and fun
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 14, 2016
This place of work gave me the way to face challenges. working on the research and development side of project gave me a chance to explore more into the field of interest and made me ready for the much demanding market.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Great to work for if a teacher
International Student Affairs Representative (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 14, 2016
I have been a student and a worker at this university. Big difference in the way of treatment. When I was a student, it was very bad. But when I was a worker, I had the best director ever!!!
Productive and fun place to educate and communicate with students
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 26, 2016
The TA and tutor job here give you flexible schedule. It gives you reasonable amount of working and good opportunities to communicate, teach and learn from students.
Productive and fun work place.
front desk receptionist at recreatinal centre (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 15, 2016
The work environment was very pleasant. I really learnt time management. The co- workers were very helpful and co-operative.
A Decent Place for Part-Time Work
Office Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 20, 2014
A typical day in an LTU office goes as follows: get in, check email, wait for someone to tell you what to do, and every so often answer the phone. Occasionally you'll wait for days, because this office is not well managed. Everyone's nice and welcoming, to be sure, but they just don't know how to run things.

As a student worker turned temporary part-time staff, I have never been eligible for benefits, which is why I marked that one star, as well as "job security," because I'm only here until I get hired somewhere else or the Advancement office finds a permanent replacement for the woman whose job I now have.
Pros
Fairly laid-back, nice co-workers
Cons
Poor management of the department, no benefits/healthcare
Graduate Research Assistantship
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 31, 2013
o Project Developed: (Master’s Thesis) Structural Behavior of Innovative Decked Bulb T bridge girders prestressed with CFCC.
o Designed, built and developed a hybrid and an optimized girder without stirrups, tailored-made with Ultra High Performance Concrete to mitigate catastrophic shear and flexural failure of bridge.
o Performed comparative study between experimental investigation, analytical analysis and Numerical (Finite Element) analysis of flexural and shear behavior of Innovative bridge girders.
Pros
Exciting and Challenging Research Work
Cons
Short Break
Fast Paced and challenging workplace but still comfortable and ever-changing
Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 18, 2013
On a typical day I would have numerous phone calls, clients walk-ins, etc and would have to balance all while remaining productive.

I learned many things from this experience including the ability to multi-task, the importance of communication in the workplace, and also the high importance of becoming all that you can be.

As far as management is concerned, it was mostly open with plenty of room to advance.
Pros
fast paced work environment, constantly changing, etc
Cons
time management sometimes
Relaxed work environment.
Housing Information Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 27, 2012
Since I worked in housing, I wasn't required to wear specific sort of clothing. The work experience was largely influenced by the type of people that lived in housing, and not necessarily reflective of the university itself. If students were being difficult, it didn't make me think badly of the university. Overall it was a neat experience to interact with people while at work.
Theory and practice
Research Assistant under JOHNSON CONTROLS (Current Employee) –  southfield, MIMarch 22, 2015
Research assistant experience was indeed a great help to understand the integration of practical applications with what i have learnt in the classroom.
Most part of the research activity being confidential, i enjoy the challenges i face and the skill of problem solving helped me maintain my calm.
Excellent place to work
Six Sigma Green Belt Trainer (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 11, 2014
DMAIC Process; Process Mapping; Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA); Z – Bench; Key Performance Indicators (KPI); Histograms; Paretos; Value Stream Mapping; SIPOC diagrams; Cause and Effect Matrix; Defects Per Million Opportunities (DPMO); Lead Time Reduction; Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ); Analysis of Variation (ANOVA); and Gage R & R

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lawrence Technological University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5