Lawrence Technological University

Lawrence Technological University Employer Reviews

good benefits
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Southfield, MIMarch 20, 2015
This institution gives employees great benefits such as having their kids attend for a discounted cost, and they are also able to obtain a degree for nearly nothing out of pocket, while they are a full time employee.
Challenging and Rewarding Job
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Southfield, MIDecember 30, 2014
Pros: working under the supervision of a motivated professor
The research assistant position I currently hold at the Management School of Business at Lawrence Technological University (LTU) is a challenging and rewarding job.

A typical day at work involves searching for relevant articles from journals of marketing and psychology, understanding them, and summarizing their findings. Next semester, my work will involve analyzing the data pertinent to my research and designing three experiments that will lead the way to answering my research question. Additionally, I will be in charge of forming a poster that explains this research at LTU’s 3rd Annual Research Day in April 2015.

So far, this job was full of excitement due to the many results I read about in journal articles as I attempted to find articles that are relevant to my study. Additionally, it was challenging due to the fact that the topic I am working on is new in the marketing literature. Thus, finding an article that is relevant to my work was pretty challenging. Thus, persistence was a key element that kept me going all semester long.
productive, very technical and entertaining
Graduate Research Assistant Scholar (Current Employee), Southfield, MIOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch, pizza, awesome career fair office
Cons: out door activities
I have had so much fun with conducting research at LTU. It would have been more exciting, if I had a freedom on how you do your research and schedule your tasks accordingly.
Fun
Student Assistant (Former Employee), southfield, MichiganSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: everything
Very easy and fun environment. Get to help out during events on campus
A Decent Place for Part-Time Work
Office Support Coordinator (Current Employee), Southfield, MIAugust 20, 2014
Pros: fairly laid-back, nice co-workers
Cons: poor management of the department, no benefits/healthcare
A typical day in an LTU office goes as follows: get in, check email, wait for someone to tell you what to do, and every so often answer the phone. Occasionally you'll wait for days, because this office is not well managed. Everyone's nice and welcoming, to be sure, but they just don't know how to run things.

As a student worker turned temporary part-time staff, I have never been eligible for benefits, which is why I marked that one star, as well as "job security," because I'm only here until I get hired somewhere else or the Advancement office finds a permanent replacement for the woman whose job I now have.
Excellent place to work
Six Sigma Green Belt Trainer (Current Employee), Southfield, MIJune 11, 2014
DMAIC Process; Process Mapping; Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA); Z – Bench; Key Performance Indicators (KPI); Histograms; Paretos; Value Stream Mapping; SIPOC diagrams; Cause and Effect Matrix; Defects Per Million Opportunities (DPMO); Lead Time Reduction; Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ); Analysis of Variation (ANOVA); and Gage R & R
Great Hours - Limited Room for Advancement
Student Services (Current Employee), Southfield, MIFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: hour flexibility
It would help if LTU would recognize and use talent where appropriate.
serious place
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Southfield, MIFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: promotional oppertunities
Cons: bonus
Fun to work with bright young kids; learn how to manage and deliver effectively; work with very educated faculty members; toughand fun when grade papers; final is fun
Helping others and working in a team
Students Assistant in Student Affairs (Current Employee), Southfield, MIJanuary 21, 2014
Helping professor with their research, student advisory and homework, administrative work.
Graduate Research Assistantship
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Southfield, MIDecember 31, 2013
Pros: exciting and challenging research work
Cons: short break
o Project Developed: (Master’s Thesis) Structural Behavior of Innovative Decked Bulb T bridge girders prestressed with CFCC.
o Designed, built and developed a hybrid and an optimized girder without stirrups, tailored-made with Ultra High Performance Concrete to mitigate catastrophic shear and flexural failure of bridge.
o Performed comparative study between experimental investigation, analytical analysis and Numerical (Finite Element) analysis of flexural and shear behavior of Innovative bridge girders.
Great school to work at
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Southfield, MIAugust 15, 2013
Good place to work. This place is very innovative. Great research teams.
Senior Project at Lawrence Technological University
Student (Former Employee), Southfield, MIApril 28, 2013
Senior projects is conducted in the senior year of bachelors degree. It starts off by performing research on problem statement, followed by needs finding and screening followed by brainstorming.

The solution is then tested throughout the year and presented in front of colleagues and faculty at end of the term.
School + Homework= Fun and Friends
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), SouthfieldFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: everything!!
Cons: no cons!
This job was the BEST!!! I loved working here the experience of getting to know everyone, and learning all there was to know! Amazing. Loved my management they have totally been there for me.
Fast Paced and challenging workplace but still comfortable and ever-changing
Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: fast paced work environment, constantly changing, etc
Cons: time management sometimes
On a typical day I would have numerous phone calls, clients walk-ins, etc and would have to balance all while remaining productive.

I learned many things from this experience including the ability to multi-task, the importance of communication in the workplace, and also the high importance of becoming all that you can be.

As far as management is concerned, it was mostly open with plenty of room to advance.
Educational Institution
Research Project Assistant (Former Employee), Southfield, Mi.January 9, 2013
Place of higher quality higher education.
I completed Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering and Masters of Civil Engineering there.
A Rewarding Temporary Project
Team Leader, Architectural Design Assistant (Former Employee), Detroit, MIDecember 11, 2012
Temporary employment, but extremely rewarding. I helped a struggling Detroit community create a urban gathering space. I learned that you can create something great even with very little funds and materials to architectural impact a community.
Relaxed work environment.
Housing Information Desk Attendant (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJune 27, 2012
Since I worked in housing, I wasn't required to wear specific sort of clothing. The work experience was largely influenced by the type of people that lived in housing, and not necessarily reflective of the university itself. If students were being difficult, it didn't make me think badly of the university. Overall it was a neat experience to interact with people while at work.