LAYNE CHRISTENSEN Employee Reviews in United States

Labor intensive
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Dracut, MAJanuary 13, 2016
The Days were long and the work was hard but you always had a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day. Day started typically at 6 am and end around 4 or later depending on the time of year and the work that was required that day but you tasks were clear and the job got done
Great Accounting Management
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 6, 2016
Although my tenure with Layne was short-lived, it was a great experience. My managing team was great and focused on a balance between work and life. Work appreciation was a great part of every day. I learned how to be a better team player and the dynamics of our team worked well together. The worst part was not being able to help other team members due to checks and balances.
Pros
Appreciation, Team Building, Work/Life Balance
Physically demanding fun work place
Drill Hand (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 28, 2015
A typical day at work involved a lot of heavy lifting and digging with very few breaks. We worked in all weather conditions and only stopped if there was lightning. I learned how to fix the equipment we used, the different minerals in the ground, and a lot of other aspects of mining. My co-workers were my family and my team, we worked like a like a well oiled machine. The hardest part of the job was the long work schedule. The enjoyable part of the job was clearing the work site and moving to the next one.
Pros
Safety bonuses, benefits
Cons
Traveling
Casual work place but not secure.
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CADecember 21, 2015
I used my office clerical skills to run and organize the office that was not established to begin with.
I created an office that was welcoming and organized.
I liked the casual environment but it was part time and not long term.
The fellow employees were accepting and helpful.
Pros
Casual workplace, great employee benefits.
Cons
Part time, all male employees.
lots of over time/ little time at home
Driller (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 5, 2015
long hours and big rewards. if you like working outside this is the job for you. also phsically demanding all day, if not digging a big hole in the ground lifting up drilling pipe and other equipment
Pros
big money/ lots of overtime
Cons
away from home alot. get used to it
Compania enfocada a resultados,seguridad delos trabajadores
Water transfer (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 8, 2015
Compania enfocada a resultados con sus clientes,creando cultura de seguridad en el trabajo,creando cultura de trabajo en equipo
Pros
cultura de seguridad
fun place to work with advacment opportunities
Water Filtration/Mud Press Technician (Former Employee) –  Wyalusing, PAAugust 17, 2015
i ran there dewatering systems and did the chemistry to help separate the solids form the water that came back out of the gas well called flow back water which is captured in large tanks called flow back tanks i really enjoyed it there i also helped train people who were new and my manager had them work side by side with me until i told him that they were ready to go on there own all of my co workers where great and would probably would give you the shirt off there back the most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of being trusted to teach people what i knew and that management trusted me to do it the hardest part of my job was trying to train someone who just would not listen or care about there job
Pros
Great managment
Cons
not always the right tool for the job at hand
No pay is worth the lifestyle of the oilfield
Field Lead (Former Employee) –  San Angelo/ MidlandJuly 28, 2015
12 hour shift not including 2-4 hour drive time
learned problem solving and patients
Management would not listen to the employees
small minded employees with no education
no days off for months and being away from family and friends was hard
paychecks are the only reason the oilfields exist
Pros
money
Cons
no life
Stability or lack thereof
Compliance Paralegal (Current Employee) –  The Woodldands, TXJuly 22, 2015
I'm only looking because the stability of the company is on very rocky waters. I enjoy my job and the fruits of my labor being recognized by the DOJ.
Pros
Freedom in job
Cons
Company's financial forecast
Good stable company to work for.
Field supervisor- Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 23, 2014
The work here is steady so your paychecks are usually 40 hours or more. You usually work Monday through Friday which is great. Management is good to work with and crew members get along well.
Used to be a nice place to work
General Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mission Woods, KSAugust 7, 2014
It was a good company while they were in KS. saalries and benefits are good.poor management.
Pros
poor management
Cons
good benefits
Company was great to work for - no real complaints that were not considered "part of the job"
Pump Tech (Former Employee) –  Dracut, MAMay 7, 2014
Clients we worked for were great. The job can be tough sometimes but it is gratifying to know that Layne Christensen appreciated the job we did and kept morale up.
Pros
reasonable compensation; everyone got along well
Cons
too much time away from family; scheduling could be better
Productive Workplace and Safe
Shop Foreman (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 25, 2014
You stay very busy and management will work and answer all questions, The hardest part of job is gone out of town alot, parts not coming in on time can delay work, Alot of heavy lifting and outside work all year round. Most Enjoyable time is satisfying the customer and a job well done. Getting the city's water supply up and running.
Layne
Driller (Current Employee) –  Midland txSeptember 11, 2013
They Lie to you. They say they have work but they don't. When it get slow they send you home and you might set at home for 2 weeks.
good company to work for
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLMay 21, 2013
good company to work for.good people to work with. very nice place to work.
Productive place
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAMarch 9, 2013
Layne is agood company to work for, but work is to slow. I learned to operate heavy equipment and be certified, company has great supervisors,and real good workers. I guess I didnt see anything hard of the job I got good at it and perform good. The most enjoyable part is that all workers get alone and we help each other to perform the work better.
Pros
company gives good safety bonuses.
Cons
has a good health plan / retirement
Company undergoing some changes.
Sr Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 7, 2013
Layne Christensen (Layne) is a Global Water, Mineral, and Mining Construction, Exploration and Repair Company that is currently undergoing and Identity change. The Executive Management is distance and disconnected and middle managers are cost at the expense of sound business practices, that often hurt project in the long run and most managers are un-trained technocrats that have very little value for relationships, or sound negotiations and conflict resolution skills. I also find some of the managers to be of questionable moral standing. I suggest that any one proceed with caution if applying and accepting a position with this company.
Pros
very few
Cons
healthcare system, lack of business vision, communication.