Lazer Spot

Lazer Spot Employer Reviews

Yard Driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 23, 2014
Moving Trailers some 25 to 60 a day the hardest part is the heat the best time is lunch
bad company
Driver (Current Employee), Rome, GAJuly 21, 2014
Cons: everything
bad equipment
bad work schedule
poor management
alright people to work with
A day at Lazer spot
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Rincon, GAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no break
I would work with Trina. One of us would be on the inbound side and the other on the outside. We would keep track of how many trucks came in and out. We would also help the jokey driver's on where to move a trailer to. we would answer phones and give directions to where we was located. The hardest part of the job was how are swing
shifts were.
The people i work around and of course the food vender...
Driver (Current Employee), Mansfield, LAJune 27, 2014
Productive warm place Great people to work around I learn working around good people rubs off, my co workers are smart bright people and fun to be around .the hardest part about the job is knowing im not the owner lol the most enjoyable part of this job is of course the money but besides that I would say the people I work around.
Under Paid, Over Worked, No Time in half, Not enough Hours
Driver (Former Employee), Dallas TxJune 21, 2014
Pros: home daily
Cons: over worked, climbing in and out trk all day, low paid, no time and half, no lunch breaks
Was Fired for being sick for 2 days second week while hired. was planning on finding a new job anyways. First week was a hire regret.
Horrile accounts.

Homedepot is a Zoo and will kill you will loads.
Georgia Pacific is worst the home depot.
low pay 13.50 Hr..

Recruiter lied and said 14 hourly to get me hired.

Forget it!
It a job that needs your all when at work
Yard Jockey (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 2, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: no time for the famly
I start at 6pm and end at 6am Eat when you can. Do the moves in a timely manner.
Blank
Yard Jockey/Shuttle (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAMarch 29, 2014
I really don't remember to much about Gainey to submit anything.
Make your own decision about the comany
LEAD DRIVER (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAMarch 20, 2014
Good place to work but has issues and not all locations are run the same way
Enjoyable but also stressful
Driver (Former Employee), Cedar Springs, GAMarch 5, 2014
A typical day at work is always waiting. I learned that you have to stay focused on this job. Management at lazor spot was very strict but worth it. I got along with most of my co-workers, but on this job theres no time to talk to others because we are all drivers. The hardest part of the job is workink 12 hours with no one to talk to.
better job
truck driver (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GADecember 10, 2013
Pros: more money
Cons: money
move trailers from dock, put them on yard,could have paid more money
enjoyable people to work with
Trailer jockey (Former Employee), Covington, GAJuly 14, 2013
Pros: work alone
Cons: contract ended to soon.
12 hour shift ok. I learned the production process at big paper & plastic product plant. management and co workers were excellent. The hardest part of job was staying awake. The most enjoyable is getting the job done.
hell working there
yard dog (Former Employee), houstonApril 17, 2013
no way-i have had it.not a good place.mangement overll not good
Stay far away from this company Lazer Spot
Yard Driver (Former Employee), Stuart's Draft vaApril 14, 2013
Cons: no overtime pay no lunch breaks undeducated management
I was hired to switch trailers at the Stuarts Draft Va Location
It didnt last but a week and one half day. The Manager couldn't find his way out of a plastic bag and this guy could screw up a cup of coffee let alone manage a yard. I got written up the first Friday of my first week over a damaged trailer I didn't even damage. The previous driver slammed – more... the dock too hard and broke the hinges off of a trailer I was ordered to move the trailer when the wire tie broke loose and tapped the other switcher no damage occurred the other yard driver even said I didn't do anything but the yard manager pinned it on me simply because I was the new guy. The manager also told me when I was hired I would be working tues to fri but then he said I would be working weekends on day shift I told him I go to church on Sunday morning and I would not do weekends. He says You're going to have to give that up because Lazer Spot doesn't see it that way and neither do I. I said its against the law for you or Lazer Spot to do this because its religious discrimination. Then I got suspended over the damaged trailer and that was the end of lazer spot. And in closing I will not quit going to church and serving god for any employer. Beware of Lazer Spot don't go there. They have some pretty good liars there no lunch breaks or overtime pay flat out junk for insurance – less
not a good place
driver (Current Employee), paris txMarch 29, 2013
Pros: home at night
Cons: no breaks sorry mangment
The hard u work the more the management wants to mess u around I have been with them 6 mo have had to work every weekend due to that was my shift a good come open during the week and thay hired a new person to work week days poor management no over time pay if u need a job u might wanna try your options first
local job until something better comes along
spotter (Former Employee), georgiaMarch 19, 2013
Pros: 2 off days...having a job until something else better comes about
Cons: no breaks, no overtime pay, no releif on standby incase of emergencys
12 hour shift//// non stop site/// no time for breaks/// site never slows down,even when the warehouse goes on break,yard spotters are still working!! no paid overtime!!! god forbid if you have an emergency and need to call out.
dont work here if you dont need to
Driver (Current Employee), Rialto, CAMarch 16, 2013
Don't work here their health insurance is a joke. Cheapest one is 50 a week and doesn't really cover anything and the other two go 150 to 200 a week. With really high deducibles.
Only good thing is you're home every night.
Yard Spotter (Former Employee), Middletown, OHMarch 1, 2013
Pros: schedule
Cons: no scheduled breaks( some days you get no breaks in a 12 hour shift), no overtime pay, junky equipment, management, insurance cost(up to $180 a week for a family)
This location is very fast paced. I was there for almost a year. During that time, we couldn't keep employees. Most would quit within the first 2 days. Plan on filling in for the open positions. The managers think you are on call, and expect you to come in whenever they need you. Oh, and they pay NO overtime. It doesn't matter if you work 80 hours in – more... a week, it's all straight time.
It's a really dirty job, also. No a/c in the trucks or in the factory. Plus, driving on dirt lots. By the end of the day you look like you've been walking through the desert.
The management is very hypocritical, too. We had 3 drivers run under the same bridge and rip the top of a trailer back. 1 of them got fired, the other 2 kept their jobs. While a different driver barely bent the landing gear and got fired.
The only good thing about the job is the schedule. You work 2 days, then 2 off. Then work 3 then 2 off. The work 2 then 3 off. Basically, you get a 3 day weekend every other week. Just make sure you turn your phone off, so they can't call you in. – less
Not a good place to work.
Switcher (Former Employee), Savannah, GANovember 27, 2012
A typical day at laser spot was 12 hours. You move trailers from the dock door to the staging area. Trailers were also moved from the empty rows to dock doors for loading. The particular place I worked at wanted trailers moved at a rate of one every 5 minutes. I found this a little difficult considering they also wanted you to be safe and move trailers – more... so fast.
My coworkers were generally friendly and helpful depending on the day and stress of the day.
I didn't find anything at all enjoyable about this job. – less
raciest
driver (Former Employee), kubotaNovember 13, 2012
Lazer Spot is the most racist company I have ever the displeasure of working for or with!
This job was just like any other job, it had to get done.
Spotter (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAOctober 15, 2012
Pros: they had overtime all he time.
Cons: they didn`t pay overtime rates (time and a half)
A Typical day at work was busy and their was always something to do. I`ve learn some many things working for lazer spot ,they had a way of making think that they didn`t care about how much you work they wasn`t gonna give you any more then you deserved. Management was not fair to there workers.Had great co- workers some where good and some were great, – more... but all and all we gothe work done, no matter what.The hardest part of my job was the weather, no matter what the weather was we had to be in it, come rain or shine the job had to get done.The most enjoyable part was having a job I was Bless to have a job, Thank you lord. – less