Lazer Spot

Lazer Spot Employee Reviews

Work is easy but the hours are long
Company Driver (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 11, 2015
Work hard and long hours but compensated at a fair rate. Management is very flexible . 12 hour shifts make the week go by quickly. I feel the job has security.
Not a good company
Gate Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2015
Cons: no real lunch breaks
Everything was unorganized about the job. They we didn't get our raises until we called corporate and by that time we were getting laid off. They cut our hours without warning and it was just not a good company to work for in my opinion.
Yard Driver (Former Employee), HENDERSON NVFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: ok pay
Cons: poor management
I would not recommend this company! I was hired as a yard jockey but was expected to do the clerks job. If you like getting threatened to be written up at every little infraction (wrote a number incorrectly on my first day) or let go if you haven't learned someone else's job then this is the place for you. I'm an experienced driver of 20 years but I only lasted here for 7 working days. That should tell you something!!
Job security if you're willing to work
Yard Driver (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2015
Job security if you're willing to work.

I have worked in AL and GA for Lazer Spot. Have opportunities for advancement. I have met some nice co workers
Got a chance to meet many poeple and learn alot.
Yard Jocky (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GADecember 15, 2014
Pros: learning opportunity
Cons: no overtime pay.
A day in the life of a yard jockey well I would start my day going to one of our many sites to get what ever trailers our site needs at the door. Then I would clean the yard straighten any trailers that maybe outta place. Then start to move trailers to the dock doors.
It's a job
Clerk (Current Employee), Strasburg, VADecember 13, 2014
Pros: client is decent, pay is okay, overtime
Cons: benefits, dirty office environment
Not up to date on safety SOP. Yard trucks usually take months to get repaired. Office is comparable to shed with light. Subjected to harassment from truck drivers and management on daily basis.
Good Place to get experience
IT Tech/Clerk Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 4, 2014
Pros: work experience.
Cons: lack of training and professionalism
Although they over work and under pay you...

I love the job. I started as yard check and moved up. Problem is they throw you into a job without proper training and as soon as something goes wrong you're penalized like you've been on the job for years knowing what you are doing.

I did learn a lot and was able to pick up tips for the future to futher my career
Lazer Spot
Spotter Driver (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAAugust 6, 2014
A typical day at work included the routine inspection of spotter vehicle(s).Pickup and relocation of 48 to 50 trailers per day. Most relocation of trailers are, within a short distance of area. Some day cab driving within a 25 mile radius. However there is a conflict of issues in regards to HOS rules. CMV operators, are allowed 14 hours on duty. Or slightly more depending on the radius of the performed driving. It is suggested that behind the wheel is on duty time. If in fact behind the wheel is on duty time; DOT HOS rules are broken daily. There remains an exclusion law; That most drivers do not understand. I learned that improvement in the area of tax exemptions is not understood. The hardest part about the job is 15 to 18 hours a day 6 days per week. The most enjoyable part of the job ; the job is local for most drivers. Home every night.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 23, 2014
Moving Trailers some 25 to 60 a day the hardest part is the heat the best time is lunch
bad company
Driver (Current Employee), Rome, GAJuly 21, 2014
Cons: everything
bad equipment
bad work schedule
poor management
alright people to work with
A day at Lazer spot
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Rincon, GAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no break
I would work with Trina. One of us would be on the inbound side and the other on the outside. We would keep track of how many trucks came in and out. We would also help the jokey driver's on where to move a trailer to. we would answer phones and give directions to where we was located. The hardest part of the job was how are swing
shifts were.
The people i work around and of course the food vender...
Driver (Current Employee), Mansfield, LAJune 27, 2014
Productive warm place Great people to work around I learn working around good people rubs off, my co workers are smart bright people and fun to be around .the hardest part about the job is knowing im not the owner lol the most enjoyable part of this job is of course the money but besides that I would say the people I work around.
Under Paid, Over Worked, No Time in half, Not enough Hours
Driver (Former Employee), Dallas TxJune 21, 2014
Pros: home daily
Cons: over worked, climbing in and out trk all day, low paid, no time and half, no lunch breaks
Was Fired for being sick for 2 days second week while hired. was planning on finding a new job anyways. First week was a hire regret.
Horrile accounts.

Homedepot is a Zoo and will kill you will loads.
Georgia Pacific is worst the home depot.
low pay 13.50 Hr..

Recruiter lied and said 14 hourly to get me hired.

Forget it!
It a job that needs your all when at work
Yard Jockey (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 2, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: no time for the famly
I start at 6pm and end at 6am Eat when you can. Do the moves in a timely manner.
Blank
Yard Jockey/Shuttle (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAMarch 29, 2014
I really don't remember to much about Gainey to submit anything.
Make your own decision about the comany
LEAD DRIVER (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAMarch 20, 2014
Good place to work but has issues and not all locations are run the same way
Enjoyable but also stressful
Driver (Former Employee), Cedar Springs, GAMarch 5, 2014
A typical day at work is always waiting. I learned that you have to stay focused on this job. Management at lazor spot was very strict but worth it. I got along with most of my co-workers, but on this job theres no time to talk to others because we are all drivers. The hardest part of the job is workink 12 hours with no one to talk to.
better job
truck driver (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GADecember 10, 2013
Pros: more money
Cons: money
move trailers from dock, put them on yard,could have paid more money
enjoyable people to work with
Trailer jockey (Former Employee), Covington, GAJuly 14, 2013
Pros: work alone
Cons: contract ended to soon.
12 hour shift ok. I learned the production process at big paper & plastic product plant. management and co workers were excellent. The hardest part of job was staying awake. The most enjoyable is getting the job done.
hell working there
yard dog (Former Employee), houstonApril 17, 2013
no way-i have had it.not a good place.mangement overll not good

Lazer Spot Salaries