LB Foster Employee Reviews

Missed potential.
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 8, 2016
This site, to my knowledge, is know longer in business. My time spent there was crudely disregarded and my potential wasted due to lack of direction..
Pros
Drugs.
Cons
Drugs.
Could be improved
Former member (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 9, 2016
Management very young and inexperienced need older people in charge that have years of experience not fresh out of college with little experience in a fast paced environment also opportunity for advancement is based on how well you get along with management and not how you do your job
Slow industry and poor leadership
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 26, 2016
Mid level management is the worst, adds inefficiency and ignorance to problem solving every step of the way. Promotes based on tenure not ability to lead or success.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Mid Level management, slow industry, terrible O&G acquisitions
Company focused on quality looking for growth thru product diversification
Business Systems Manager, Construction Products (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 29, 2016
L.B.Foster offers opportunity for personal growth. They support a balanced work and personal life. Co-workers are supportive of one another. Company listens to employees opinions and suggestions for change / improvement. Dedication to job responsibilities is a must.
Not a good environment.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 20, 2016
The company was always laying off people on and off. Not a good place to work for if you wanted to make a career out of it. Hard place to work.
Fun company to work for and people too.
Concrete Batch Operator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 19, 2015
Work was different and jobs were different also. This was a staffing company and the jobs they found for me were in the area I was looking for.
Pros
Jobs were in field that I liked.
Cons
Some jobs were not that good.
Not ideal
Production (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 11, 2015
Low pay and hard hot work. There is not really any room for growth. As far as benefits go I am unsure, i was a temporary employee. The chances for layoffs are fairly high due to it being contractual work.
Pros
Breaks and lunches. Holidays off
good working enviorment with good people
production worker (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, TXAugust 22, 2014
its a good place to work at with great benefits although they could pay more for the kind of work we are doing there.
Production Supervisor @ Tubular Products Division
Production Supervisor, Tubular Products (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 6, 2014
As with many manufacturing jobs, you are a slave to the production schedule. The job is fast paced and keeps me busy. The management team is small (5-6 people max) while the production staff is about 60-70 hourly employees. Often you have to deal with long hours and working weekends and nights. At the end of the day, it is nice to see the finished product loaded onto railcars and shipping out to the customer.
Pros
Excellent company benefits. International company, so room to move up if you can relocate.
Cons
Long working hours and changing production schedules.
Different Weather Conditions
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 29, 2014
Wake up at 4am and get to work, go to a designated spot and grab my scanner and paperwork, once the pipes start to come down the line, i scan the pipes and write documents down and data also put different data inside the scanner to keep up with myself, the management was nice, I pretty much managed myself. I had help here and there but i was basically alone. My co-workers were just like friends. The hardest part was trying to scan everything when the pipes are coming down the line fast. The most enjoyable was basically helping customers understand what i was doing and how i was so valuable to the company.
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Very Dangerous
I loved LB Foster for what time they owned the Company i work for
Welder (Former Employee) –  kenova WVSeptember 1, 2013
I loved every part of the day. corporate managers were great the pay and benefits were great. there was no hard part to a days work. Just an all around great company to work for. I love you LB Foster please buy use back
Pros
Great from start to finish
Cons
They sold my divison to Holland LP
Concrete ties
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 24, 2013
Typical day at work was a 12 hour shift. We had to meet a deadline set by the management.I learned how to make and inspect concrete. Learned how to do slump test, airtest, adjusting to make precise mixtures according to specifications. Had a great management team. I had excellent crew of co-workers. The hardest part of job was the rotating shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job was once I had adjusted to my shift, I enjoyed working the 12 hour shifts.
Pros
Twelve hour shifts
Cons
Frequent rotating shifts
so-so
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, TXJune 5, 2013
pays okay, work A LOT during the summer and get laid off for the winter, Id pass on another chance with them.
rewarding work
Steel Cutter (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAApril 6, 2013
Busy challenging learn to cut steel, drive lift. Co workers are awesome. Management great, The hardest part is cutting steel in 100 degree weather. Most enjoyable being outdoors.
Pros
birthday lunches
Cons
sore muscles
it was a safe enviroment to work in safety was there main concern
casting worker (Former Employee) –  Concrete, CODecember 15, 2012
i would show up to work at 6:00 a.m. and all the employees would stretch before starting work then we would continue on with our day. Co-workers were friendly and helpful at all times.
Pros
bonus"s at the end of the month
Cons
too many breaks
Very fun and productive thing to do at my age.
Machine Operator/ Forman/Lead Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 17, 2012
I was very proud to be employed with this company. They provided me with everything I needed as an employee. I learned alot from this company as far as operating mutliple machinery, also attained multiple certifications from this company. Management always listened to their employees accomodated all needs of the plant. All of the co-workers were a great team on both shifts. Everyone got along learned how to work with 1 another. There really wasnt so much of a hard part but very competitive, the most enjoyable part was being employed with a reputable company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LB Foster. Our community is ready to answer.