LB Foster Employee Reviews

Disregard for major Stakeholders
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15220October 21, 2017
The company is ISO certified but does not walk the walk. Consistently enact ineffective corrective actions for customer complaints, but fail and refuse to recognize it. Does not care for the customers.
Hires temporary labor and has many layoffs to cut costs and corners.
My Division was Spun Off
Regional Sales Manager for Load Securement (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILOctober 4, 2017
I wish I still worked in my Shipping Systems Division. Our competition couldn't outwork us so they bought us from a company that bought Portec Rail Products, but didn't want to keep the division connected to railcar parts, only the track material.
Bad forman
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Willis, TXOctober 2, 2017
They made promises and could not keep them.They simply made a number of bad decisions when I was there.Insted of trying to talk out problems or fix on going problems they just wait till Friday after your off and have a resptionist call you and tell you not to come back....
I cannot accurately review this company, as I have been gone for 13 years
Customer Service/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 22, 2017
When I worked there it was like a family, as I understand, it is now changed to a corporate atmosphere. Most of the people that I worked with are gone now, so I cannot accurately review this company.
Its was Great till they closed there doors
Maintenance B - Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 22, 2017
Work and maintaining the concrete plant. Working on machines from Europe and making a USA product was pretty cool . The work every was boring when it got super busy.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
Being short hand some times.
Very stressful and difficult to plan due to labor constraints.
Plant Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, TXMarch 31, 2017
LB Foster has been a good place to be for the past several years. There is a great leadership staff who I have had the pleasure of leading. There is a variety of products and the work keeps coming in. There is room for growth for general labor within LB Foster. However, getting people in the door is difficult because of the wages.
upscale manufactoring plant
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 15, 2017
great management team, safety culture, pleasure to work here, enjoyed the people interaction. Considering other option because they need someone who can relocate
Pros
to many to list greatt team
Cons
needs someone to relocate to ND
Enjoyed working for this company decided to retire. Now ask ready to go back to work
Supv office administrtor (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COFebruary 21, 2017
Company is a great company to work for. We had c good company to work for. Company picnics and parties were paid. By thebcompany. They paid bonuses profit sharing. Had a 401k plan. Health benefits were at a loss cost Rio the employee.
Pros
Bonuses company picnics
Cons
Good company that cares about quality, safety, and their employees
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Willis, TXOctober 11, 2016
I think L.B Foster is an amazing company. They have good benefits and have been very successful. But I work for the Chemtec branch and when the oil industry isn't doing so good. Chemtec doesn't do so good.
Pros
Job security, good managment and ethics
Cons
Short lunch, fairly low pay.
Missed potential.
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 8, 2016
This site, to my knowledge, is know longer in business. My time spent there was crudely disregarded and my potential wasted due to lack of direction..
Pros
Drugs.
Cons
Drugs.
Could be improved
Former member (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 9, 2016
Management very young and inexperienced need older people in charge that have years of experience not fresh out of college with little experience in a fast paced environment also opportunity for advancement is based on how well you get along with management and not how you do your job
Slow industry and poor leadership
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 26, 2016
Mid level management is the worst, adds inefficiency and ignorance to problem solving every step of the way. Promotes based on tenure not ability to lead or success.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Mid Level management, slow industry, terrible O&G acquisitions
Productive place to work
Maintenance & Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 9, 2016
Work schedule was awesome and also learned a lot from this company. I liked that I had most of the week ends off so had time for my family. Got to see how product worked and how it benefit the company .
Pros
Friday, Saturday, and Sundays off.
Cons
short breaks
Company focused on quality looking for growth thru product diversification
Business Systems Manager, Construction Products (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 29, 2016
L.B.Foster offers opportunity for personal growth. They support a balanced work and personal life. Co-workers are supportive of one another. Company listens to employees opinions and suggestions for change / improvement. Dedication to job responsibilities is a must.
Not a good environment.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 20, 2016
The company was always laying off people on and off. Not a good place to work for if you wanted to make a career out of it. Hard place to work.
Fun company to work for and people too.
Concrete Batch Operator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 19, 2015
Work was different and jobs were different also. This was a staffing company and the jobs they found for me were in the area I was looking for.
Pros
Jobs were in field that I liked.
Cons
Some jobs were not that good.
Not ideal
Production (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 11, 2015
Low pay and hard hot work. There is not really any room for growth. As far as benefits go I am unsure, i was a temporary employee. The chances for layoffs are fairly high due to it being contractual work.
Pros
Breaks and lunches. Holidays off
good working enviorment with good people
production worker (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, TXAugust 22, 2014
its a good place to work at with great benefits although they could pay more for the kind of work we are doing there.
Production Supervisor @ Tubular Products Division
Production Supervisor, Tubular Products (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 6, 2014
As with many manufacturing jobs, you are a slave to the production schedule. The job is fast paced and keeps me busy. The management team is small (5-6 people max) while the production staff is about 60-70 hourly employees. Often you have to deal with long hours and working weekends and nights. At the end of the day, it is nice to see the finished product loaded onto railcars and shipping out to the customer.
Pros
Excellent company benefits. International company, so room to move up if you can relocate.
Cons
Long working hours and changing production schedules.
Different Weather Conditions
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 29, 2014
Wake up at 4am and get to work, go to a designated spot and grab my scanner and paperwork, once the pipes start to come down the line, i scan the pipes and write documents down and data also put different data inside the scanner to keep up with myself, the management was nice, I pretty much managed myself. I had help here and there but i was basically alone. My co-workers were just like friends. The hardest part was trying to scan everything when the pipes are coming down the line fast. The most enjoyable was basically helping customers understand what i was doing and how i was so valuable to the company.
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Very Dangerous

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LB Foster. Our community is ready to answer.