LBA Hospitality Employee Reviews

Horrible work environment
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJanuary 2, 2017
This is the worst company I have ever worked for, and I have been with Marriott since I was 16 years old. This property had 4 or 5 different GMs in the time that I worked there. All fired for being awful people. I don't know what their screening process is, but it sucks. They were awful to their employees, awful to the guests, and awful to vendors. I wouldn't work for LBA ever again, there is literally no amount of money they could offer me.
Pros
Starbucks coffee
Cons
Absolutely everything else
Horrible company
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 26, 2016
Former employee Huntsville,Alabama.
Work at Home2/Hampton Inn Suites.
New GM came in and slowly started getting rid of old crew. Management would throw you under bus quick.
Cheat you every chance they could. All they are concerned about is themselves. Treat You Like sh#t and expect you to do your job and everyone else's. They run folk's off and then want you to do their job along with yours. I would not recommend working there...awful place...
Pros
Discounted room rates
Worst place ever
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 11, 2016
Treat you like shxt. Some of the workers like to talk about people behind their backs. Management is trash fired me because I didn't come in even though I told her ahead of time and she told me to not come in if I couldn't their liars. Housekeeping manager was on her phone most of the time they love to gossip. For all the dirty rooms you clean 7.50 isn't enough very underpaid
Cons
Don't Trust Anyone! Worst company ever!
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 10, 2016
Don't trust anyone! If you work for this company be prepared to be back stabbed on a regular basis. Nobody will care about you except you, everyone is out for theirselves. Even if a manager wanted to stand up for you they won't because they are scared to loose their job. They won't provide you with the proper support to be able to get your job complete and except a lot out of you with no help! Again you can't trust anyone not even Regional Managers or anyone in HR. Some of the people that are in regional positions are grown rednecks that like to run their mouth like they are in middle school. If you don't kiss butt and do everything exactly the way it should be then be prepared for someone to go after your job especially if you get on a regionals bad side. It has happened to multiple people and the people it happened too didn't deserve to be treated like that at all!

Just don't work for these people! They are horrible to work for, you stay stressed out all the time and everyone throws everyone under the bus
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Healthcare benefits, No Support, Nobody cares
Don't trust anyone
Employee (Current Employee) –  Savannah Historic District, GAJune 13, 2016
No one owns up to their own mistake. They always point the blame at another person.They do not care about the morale of employees. No one is happy here. New GM talks to you like you are stupid. When you ask him to explain he just repeats the exact same thing but slower. Employees are leaving once per day at this hotel. New GM does not care about staff and will run hotel into ground.Run away from this company in Savannah.
Pros
Cons
No life, you work all the time can't keep staff
No loyalty to employees
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 31, 2016
Worked for 6 years,never once late never once called in sick. Worked every shift and aNY time they needed me. New management came in Dec 2014 they fired us one by one. Stupidly I thought it wouldn't happen to me boy was I wrong. GM only cares about their bonus and loyalty and dedication mean nothing. 25 years in hospitality and 1st time let go. HR does not care eitger.
Valdosta Ga run don't walk from that Courtyard
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Everything but the co workers
Watch Your Back Enviroment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2015
HR is NOT your friend! They, like most HR departments, are there to protect the company, and they do that very well. GM training consists of a total of 4.5 days in Dothan listening to the various corporate departments tell you how special they are. Be prepared to sleep through the HR and especially the recruiting portion of the class.

Evidently, they had a GM who worked for them for several years before they were caught being a" little less than honest" and now every policy and procedure they have in place is a result of this. They literally have a policy and procedure for the policies and procedures, be prepared to not be trusted.

LEARN TO SAY YES TO EVERTTHING YOUR ASKED. LBA does not want General Managers, they want robots who are reactive, do not think for yourself...that's not what your paid to do.

If accepting a position at LBA, be prepared to "WATCH YOUR BACK" Most everyone at the corporate level is always ready to throw you under the bus to make themselves look good. The RDO's are all scared of loosing their jobs which means you will have no support, your RDO will not go out on a limb for you. If you accept a position keep a detailed diary, do whatever you can to stay off anyone's radar, keep a very low profile, and always be looking for another job. You are under a microscope from the moment you arrive and make sure you do not make the mistake of trusting anyone above the property level.

Don't be offended by the emails you will regularly get that state if you fail to do something you will be terminated, its just their culture. LBA's favorite motto
  more... is "perception is reality", you will hear it a lot, especially from HR. I wonder if Hitler's perception was reality as well? Must have been, I think that is where they got it.

My perception? LBA is probably not the worst company you could work for, but it is very close.
Pros
Good Health Insurance
Cons
Always having to watch your back and everything you say.
management
food and beverage manager (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 10, 2015
Inadequate training. You're thrown in a sink or swim environment. Very poor pay for the amount of work the company expects out of you. You're asked to run their restaurant, work numerous shifts as well as handle all catering and banquet events with minimal staffing. Salary offer is a joke compared to other hotels. You're on call 24/7 even though your restaurant hours of operation aren't 24/7. The company completely depends on customer reviews to base and judge your ability to succeed.
Pros
discount through marriott on hotels
Cons
long hours, no family life, low salary, poor benefits
Growth
General Manager, Fairfield Inn and Suites (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 12, 2014
I was over a small staff of 17 to 21 employees. A typical day for me was having huddle first thing to ensure the staff is ready and prep for the day by going over reviews and requests of guests and discuss any maintenance issues with staff and maintenance technician. Next, I would walk the property and assist with any help in breakfast or desk at check out time. Afterwards, I would check emails and work on any reports in any down time. After lunch time, I would walk the property checking on room attendants. By midday, my AGM would be coming in. I would ensure a manager is present at check in time through midday. For the remainder of the day, check over any reports and assist the staff with any customer issues and customer satisfaction, check emails, and check voicemails.
Pros
incentives for associates, benefits, vacation
Cons
healthcare for level associates
Great place for advancement
General Manager-TownePlace Suites (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 24, 2014
Many opportunities for advancement and bonus/benefits are great!!!
Pros
benefits/bonus structure
Nice property but no direction
Guest Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FloridaMarch 29, 2014
High expectations but property is moving in the wrong direction. Reactive instead of proactive.
Pros
Stability
Cons
No work life balance.
Worst Hotel Management Company in the Country
Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 31, 2012
It was very disorganized, with upper level management talking about employees and guest in a demeaning way. General Manager was very threatening and conniving, never appreciated the hard work and commitment of his employees. Eventually everyone who loved their job gave up and quit because nothing ever changed, even after speaking with management about these issues. Employees have no outlet to discuss pertinent issues they are concerned about. Even though they are told there is an "open door policy" and if they have an issue they can report it anonymously, this is not true. Very disorganized from the top down, and manager turnover rate very high.
Cons
lied to, never supported, retaliated against for wanting to improve employee morale, wages below industry standard