LBS Financial Credit Union Employee Reviews in United States

Beware of nepotism
Employee (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAFebruary 28, 2016
No privacy provided as a manager. You work in a cubicle and conduct business out in the open where everyone in the department can hear you.
Pros
A lot of nice people, benefits
Cons
Nepotism, compensation, no privacy, lack of initiative within the entire company, micro-managed
No advancement
Financial Services Representative II (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 13, 2015
No opportunity for advancement or growth. Individuals stuck in the same position for twenty five to thirty years. Raises are giving annually but only in pennies .
Proactive an fun place to work
Information Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAJanuary 20, 2015
My experience at LBSFCU was definitely different however I was able to learn and expand my knowledge in various departments.
If you like being micro-managed, this is the place for you.
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  WestminsterJanuary 4, 2015
This company has 250 employees and pretends to be a corporation like Microsoft without the talent. You can't be a free thinker or think out of the box here. It's too strict and the people are NOT friendly. Run, don't walk away from here. I worked there a year and it just about sucked the life out of me. They do NOT believe in work/life balance.
Pros
freeway convenient
Cons
cold environment, co workers can't talk to each other, too many meetings.
25 years (credit union)
Receptionist and file Clerk (Former Employee) –  Westminster CaliforniaSeptember 20, 2014
my day was a routine some changes thru the years I have learned that I can prove myself in any thing I can do in life and personal gain the management was great I had no complaints while working with the credit union.My co-workers come and go but one thing is for certain I gain friendships in those years and you can't place that. the hardest part of the jobs that I had sometimes it wasn't a challenged in my career. the most enjoyable part of the jobs... I learn teamwork,learning many different programs within the CU field, computers, printers,faxes in all of the items/stocking that come with it and the people that I worked with while I was there with the Credit Union.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Great and stable Environment
Vice President, Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAFebruary 12, 2014
The Newport Beach location was a great self starting position into management. The current branch staff is amazing and very supportive to the Credit Union's values which makes managing painless.
great place to work but no advancement opportunity
Information Systems Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 3, 2013
great place to work but no advancement opportunity. Little to no career path.
Great stepping stone in career
Loan Officer I (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CASeptember 18, 2013
A typical day at work consists of processing consumer loan applications, analyzing credit and making informed decisions along with assisting members with any loan questions and providing minor credit counseling.

I love my coworkers and we truly have become an unbreakable team.

The most difficult part of the job would be the multitasking. We are limited in staff so there is a constant flow of work.

The most enjoyable part of my job would be the member service. Making sure each and every member I come in contact with hangs up that phone happy.
Pros
hour lunch, full benefits, pension plan.
Cons
passive-aggressive supervisor in need of human resource counseling.
not the best place to work
Former employee (Former Employee) –  WestminsterApril 2, 2013
My experience working with this credit union was very negative. Management is horrible! They bully you and if they don't like you (the VP) then you are perceived as incompetent. Its sad that you can work there for many years and then suddenly you can't do your job. Be careful!
Pros
working with some of the co-workers
Cons
micro managed

Comment – April 22, 2013

My experience working with this credit union was very bad. Management sucks if they don't like you then leave ASAP! You get there feeling stressed and you leave there with more stress. I was with this company for many years and trust me they will find a way to get rid of you if they feel threaten by how good you do your job.

Management was horrible never cared about the employees or members
Member Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 29, 2013
Work was always the same, there was always someone in the managers office for some reason. My co-workers were great we were a big family always took care of one another. Loved what I did never had problems always gave my best service to members. The only problem at this company was the management team, if they didn't like you then they would give you a hard time.
Pros
working with great tellers
Cons
the management sucks
Good place to work.
Collection Representative II (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CASeptember 17, 2012
Talked to people all day. Mailed letters and skip trace. Co workers were very friendly. Most enjoyable part was talking to people. Management was good. Hardest part would be the time consuming skip tracing.
Pros
talking to people all day.nice co workers my age.
Member/Customer centric employer with great benefits and great leadership
Financial Services Rep I (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAAugust 6, 2012
A typical day at work involves multi-tasking in various areas of member service and sales. Job duties are extensive as a Financial Service Representative, and being able to adapt to various situations and learning to "be on your toes" is essential to being successful in this role. Management is very good and very well balanced between pleasing members/customers and pleasing employees. Co-workers are good as well; LBS does a phenomenal job at hiring great people. The hardest part of the job is the limited level of employee empowerment. Supervisors/Managers are needed too often for approvals and authorizations, which limits the member service ability and slows transactions down. There are no different levels as far as transaction approvals for different positions. New employees to seasoned employees all have the same approval and authorization limits. The most enjoyable part of the job is the recognition received for doing a job well done from the members as well as the management. Employees are valued at LBS from the inside and the outside.
Neighborhood focused financial institution
Member Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 31, 2012
When you work for LBS Financial Credit Union you feel a sense of community with the members that come in, the credit union prides itself on helping the members to the best of their abilities. One thing I have learned about my experience is learning how to be more patient with not only the members but with myself and learning the whole situation and now I apply that to my everyday life. There was no real hard part to my job it is very enjoyable environment but if I did have to name one it would be the level of pay is not comparable to what I have seen out in the market. The most enjoyable would be getting to know each and every member as more than just a account number, delving deeper into who that person is and what they may need
Pros
full benefits
Cons
pay and hours