LCL Bulk Transport Employee Reviews

Great place to get chocolate
Driver (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAAugust 7, 2016
Over all they seem to be a good place to work. I only lasted through training. Which was very through.
When they gave me 4 trucks to look at & all 4 were dirty after having been sitting there I left. The terminal mgr. was my problem. He knew the trucks were there & didn't have them cleaned out. When I asked if he would sleep in them his reply was "it's not that bad".
This place was a tank wash running 24 hrs. meaning people on staff to clean things. Trucks sitting for a week & not being cleaned was unacceptable to me. Who was the last driver? What did he have? If I get bugs or something worse & bring it home what happens to my marriage???
Pros
Free Chocolate
Cons
Terminal Manager
Unique and interesting position
Tank Wash Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAAugust 5, 2016
Duties included prepping, cleaning and sanitizing of food grade tanker trailers. Consisted of clean food residue(primarily chocolate) from tanker trailers. Involved climbing in and out of tank trailers.
do not work there
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAApril 11, 2016
Coworkers are amazing.
Management very disrespectful does not care about their employees
hardest p[art of the job dealing with management
One of the better companies that I've worked for in my 10+ yrs of driving
Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJanuary 7, 2016
Every place has there good and bad. This has more good then bad IMHO. LCL hauls mostly chocolate w/ some cream loads or sugar loads or occasionally flavorings for beer. nothing hazardous at all. Overall I like it. I think I'll be about $ 68k for 2014. I do a mix of home every other weekend and home weekly.

Their customer base is easy to get into and out out of for the most part. After a month I mostly knew where i was going and what to expect at that particular customer. Over all i am satisfied
Pros
Well Manintained trucks and trailers, I take my truck home, Solid customer base.
Cons
although i get paid for sitting at a customer I think i do too much, but that can be expectied with tanker work.

Comment – April 28, 2016

typo meant $68k in "2015" actually my w2 came in at $69237 I am happy with that!!

Stay Clear!
Regional OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PANovember 27, 2015
Dispatch is in Green Bay and they don't care if you sit for days. You rarely get a chance to talk to the decision makers. This place is a revolving door and I can see why. The money is good in the beginning then they slowing start to take it away. These people are not trustable you have to watch every paycheck. The terminal manager will nickel and dime you to death. They don't care about drivers or make any effort to keep them happy. Stay away! I've spent over 3 days at customers that will not even let you use their facilities.
Pros
pay has potential at times
Cons
everything else
Excellent small family company, I didn't know what i was missing in tanker work
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PANovember 9, 2015
I have been driving for about 5 yrs, Mostly OTR doing van work. I got an email for a job at LCL and gave a call. The recruiter i spoke to was very insightful about the position and what i could expect switching to tanker. He went over the orientation and tanker training pay benefits etc. I am glad a made the switch.
The equipment is well maintained and mostly brand new. My truck has a refrigerator in it and an APU. I take the truck home when i want to go home. I run a mix of regional and OTR I can usually decide if i want to get home weekly or if i want to stay out longer. I like that flexibility Overall it been a good experience and I learned a lot.

The terminal in Elizabethtown is nice, Operations staff there is good and understanding. They were always willing to help when i had questins when i started on my own.
Pros
Get paid to learn the tanker business, No haz mat loads, I get paid for
Cons
The pay package is a bit complex but it is fair
Roll with the punches position. Co-workers are not as supportive as you would like. The hardest part about this job is being on call 24/7
Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  Elkhorn, WINovember 4, 2015
Over all this is a solid based company that specializes in a food grade industry. Each day is the same but different as well. Transportation is a roll with the punches industry.
Pros
flexiblity, profit sharing, not micro managed
Cons
No room for advancement
out of state mgmt great
driver mgr (Former Employee) –  elkhorn wiJune 15, 2015
local mgmt very particular about everything. no room for error anywhere. old location poor condition of facility. drivers can be difficult to deal with on occasion. learned some things about dispatch system.
Pros
good geographiclocation close to hwy
Pick up and delivery Bulk Food Grade commodities.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Elkhorn, WIFebruary 27, 2015
To much wait time for me to get the truck loaded and unloaded. I like to keep Moving. Not enough MILES for me, got to keep movin.
Great place to work, you are a person at LCL not a number
Driver (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PASeptember 28, 2013
Love the company, always more than enough freight. Great people to work for
Not behind there employees
Machine Operator/Tank Washer (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAOctober 9, 2012
Wasn't really commended ever n only got 2 raises in 6 years. Did more then fair share n under appreciated.
Pros
freedom
Cons
everything else
need to inprove alot of things for the drivers that spending lots of time at the yard
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PASeptember 19, 2012
daliy routine in pretrip and if theirs a problem with the equitment they stay on top of that.Far as management it depend on who you deal with. the co-workers are great group of guys .the job was easy just dispatching was a big problem if you like to be on time for laods.
Pros
if you love to be away from home good job
Cons
getting home time in and making money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LCL Bulk Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7