LDS Employee Reviews in United States

A very fast paced environment.
Nursing Budget Coordinator (Former Employee) –  LDS Hospital, Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 5, 2016
I met with Nursing Manager to provide more information and data with strategies of how to improve their operations.

I worked with seasoned professionals.

I supported corporate goals of changing billing strategies.
Pros
Be able to make a difference in the patient care we provided.
Cons
Long hours.
volunteer work
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Viña del Mar, VSOctober 19, 2015
This was volunteer work as a 2 year missionary. It was lot of work and in another country. Great experience in the which I had the opportunity to learn a lot.
Mission Review
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CASeptember 7, 2015
We worked on average 16 hours a day in a very structured and organized manner that helped us to exceed our abilities that we normally would have thought we had.

I loved the change that we brought into the lives of strangers and the friendships that were formed from the hard work and the opportunities that we had every day. The hardest part was how much we cared for people and tried. many would just walk away and not desire the change we desired for them.

This was the best hardest time of my life and has helped me to do better each and every day since then.
High paced work enviornment
Processing Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Wells Fargo, Minneapolis, MNSeptember 2, 2015
Multitasking
training processors
customer communication on a daily bases
strong problem solving skills
processing and closing mortgage loans from beginning to end.
pipeline management
working closely with underwriting to ensure a quick close for the customer.
Strong communications skills with employees, managers and co-workers.
Pros
Be pay and benefits
Cons
Sometimes very late hours.
Meaningful
Volunteer Driver (Current Employee) –  Colton, CalifAugust 19, 2015
Excellent opportunity to serve the community and those in need. All volunteer workforce, providing food to those in need of assistance.
Pros
This is a strictly volunteer operation
cool
Young Woman (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTAugust 14, 2015
awesome taught me a lot about service. I loved to voluntter and help othes . Its not really a company.Its a program through the LDS church
2 Year Mission
Service Missionary (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 11, 2015
Awesome. Most life changing event. Keeps you humbled, and strong for spiritual,physical, and mental experiences. Changes mindset and life examples.
Pros
Gives experience for life and religion
Cons
2 years
Productive and fun place.
Financial Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMay 14, 2015
Being a financial clerk at LDS church is a very exciting place to work. I learned a lot from my Branch President and most of all I learned to become a leader. Although it was volunteered work, the experience that I obtained is incomparable.
Pros
Good work atmosphere.
Cons
No pay.
my skills
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  8th Avenve & c Street,SAlt lake cityMay 13, 2015
Stock the restrooms how to solve problems. Be a team player. Try to make everybody happy we customer said you work hard thanks
Life changing experience
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa CaliforniaMarch 17, 2015
There is so many things I learned serving a mission that will help me in life, especially with my future career.
*People skills
*Hard work
*Dedication
*Persistence
*Listening skills
Missionary for the LDS Church
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 23, 2014
Worked as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Awful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Middletown, MDAugust 18, 2014
I applied to LDS because I needed a job not because I wanted to work there. I worked very hard and did everything that I was supposed to. Things went on like, my manager bringing in a adult toy magazine for one of the parties she was having at her house over the weekend. All of the girls were looking at it on the front counter right in front of customers, I couldn't believe it! I left that job because they couldn't give me the hours I needed for work study at high school.
2 years of service to the LDS Church
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 19, 2014
Their was always another missionary that I worked with. About every 3 to 4 1/2 months I would work with someone different. Every 41/2 to 6 months I would move from one area or county to another. The job was unpaid but the service that we gave to others was priceless.
Everyday consisted of waking up at 6 am to exercise for 45 minutes. After cleaning up and dressing into a conservative/ business suit, my companion and I would then start our personal studies of the scriptures at 7 am. At 8 am we then would study together and go through lesson plans for people that we had scheduled to teach that day. At 9 am we would leave our apartment for the rest of the day to go knock on doors in order to teach people at their homes, go to our scheduled appointments, provide community service to those in need, and even try to teach those we would walk by on the streets. At the end of the day, about 9 pm, we would come back to our apartment to review our success for the day and then plan our the next day by half hour increments.
The job was very rewarding and enjoyable. If it where possible I would still be back in Cleveland doing it. My co-workers, at times, where difficult to deal with, just because of different personalities and work ethic, but I gained a long lasting friendship with all of them.
The hardest part of the job would have to be trying to help those that didn't want help. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing peoples lives change for the better and seeing them all gain a sense of new found happiness and belonging.
Community Service in Brazil
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJune 9, 2014
I had to work on a daily basis with a cold contact service sharing my beliefs. I learned how to talk to people and how to get their trust. I had to work with several different co-workers (companions) that at times I did not agree with, but I was able to work past this and continue with our service. The hardest part was having to work with no direction given. I had to figure out what I needed to do to continue forward. I enjoyed talking to the people and getting close to them and building them up.
Pros
feels great to help others.
Cons
difficult when others reject.
Great supportive enivorment
Collection Development Sr. Clerk Intern (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 28, 2014
Great place to work. A lot of volunteers eager to serve. Management is spot on with request and considerations. The people are easy to get along with and always have a positive demeanor. Easily able to speak your mind and have your voice heard.
It's a Church
x (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 4, 2013
Not sure why I ever wanted to work for TSCC.. It was always a career decision for me, and I did learn a lot in my field while working there, but I become a sale out emotionally and compromised my personal integrity and self worth in order to conform to the organization, it was not worth it.

Many co-workers felt cookie cutter to me, who seemed to make decisions only to fit in with the crowd. Group think ran rampant.

The hardest part of the Job: Putting up with those who adamantly supported their decisions based on receiving "inspiration" or "personal revelation" (as taught they should do in leadership training's). Which often conflicted with opposing views by other parties who received conflicting "inspiration" about the same project. This gave individuals an inflated sense of entitlement when making decisions.

Leaders and decision makers made business and "Secular" decisions based on the "promptings of the spirit"

Attending Monday devotionals were not mandatory, but being assigned to give the devotional once a year was.

People were generally very nice. But the pressure to conform was always there, and judgement and gossip was quite common.

As you can imagine many employees are very devout Mormons, many supporting family's with 10+ kids.

Prayers before and after most meetings and 1 on 1's

I felt bad that many people who truly loved working there got layed off, while I, who wanted out and was hoping for that severance package, had to stay.

I found another job shortly after.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
misguided mission/propose, ironic compensation. (paying tithing on wages paid from tithing)
Wonderful, life-changing service opportunities
Young Performing Missionary (Former Employee) –  Nauvoo, ILAugust 27, 2013
Best time of my life! Spent all day every day serving the Lord and serving my fellow man.
Fun and Productive!
Missionary (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 1, 2013
I would wake up study gospel topics, go out and preach and come back at the very end of the day!
Productive, perpetual and enjoyable.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2013
LDS is a small company and we treat each other like family. Everyday is a busy day. The hardest part when doing billing for international account due to exchange rate. The most enjoyable part is cutting checks to vendors and List Owners.
Pros
early going home during summer
Cons
being a small company few people at work.
excellent culture and values
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAApril 29, 2013
start every day with scripure studies and prayer.worked with awesome and loving people in california.I learned about my true identity as a child of GOD and as an ambassador of Jesus Christ.The leaders would seek prayerfull counsel from the lord before changing things.the hardest part of the job was seeing people not accept the gospel of Jesus Christ.The best part of he job was being anle to teach people about what I love the most.
Pros
lots of free dinners
Cons
only two years long

4.5