LDS

LDS Employer Reviews

2 years of service to the LDS Church
Missionary (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 19, 2014
Their was always another missionary that I worked with. About every 3 to 4 1/2 months I would work with someone different. Every 41/2 to 6 months I would move from one area or county to another. The job was unpaid but the service that we gave to others was priceless.
Everyday consisted of waking up at 6 am to exercise for 45 minutes. After cleaning – more... up and dressing into a conservative/ business suit, my companion and I would then start our personal studies of the scriptures at 7 am. At 8 am we then would study together and go through lesson plans for people that we had scheduled to teach that day. At 9 am we would leave our apartment for the rest of the day to go knock on doors in order to teach people at their homes, go to our scheduled appointments, provide community service to those in need, and even try to teach those we would walk by on the streets. At the end of the day, about 9 pm, we would come back to our apartment to review our success for the day and then plan our the next day by half hour increments.
The job was very rewarding and enjoyable. If it where possible I would still be back in Cleveland doing it. My co-workers, at times, where difficult to deal with, just because of different personalities and work ethic, but I gained a long lasting friendship with all of them.
The hardest part of the job would have to be trying to help those that didn't want help. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing peoples lives change for the better and seeing them all gain a sense of new found happiness and belonging. – less
Community Service in Brazil
Missionary (Former Employee), Klamath Falls, ORJune 9, 2014
Pros: feels great to help others.
Cons: difficult when others reject.
I had to work on a daily basis with a cold contact service sharing my beliefs. I learned how to talk to people and how to get their trust. I had to work with several different co-workers (companions) that at times I did not agree with, but I was able to work past this and continue with our service. The hardest part was having to work with no direction – more... given. I had to figure out what I needed to do to continue forward. I enjoyed talking to the people and getting close to them and building them up. – less
Great supportive enivorment
Collection Development Sr. Clerk Intern (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 28, 2014
Great place to work. A lot of volunteers eager to serve. Management is spot on with request and considerations. The people are easy to get along with and always have a positive demeanor. Easily able to speak your mind and have your voice heard.
It's a Church
x (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 4, 2013
Pros: friendly people
Cons: misguided mission/propose, ironic compensation. (paying tithing on wages paid from tithing)
Not sure why I ever wanted to work for TSCC.. It was always a career decision for me, and I did learn a lot in my field while working there, but I become a sale out emotionally and compromised my personal integrity and self worth in order to conform to the organization, it was not worth it.

Many co-workers felt cookie cutter to me, who seemed to make – more... decisions only to fit in with the crowd. Group think ran rampant.

The hardest part of the Job: Putting up with those who adamantly supported their decisions based on receiving "inspiration" or "personal revelation" (as taught they should do in leadership training's). Which often conflicted with opposing views by other parties who received conflicting "inspiration" about the same project. This gave individuals an inflated sense of entitlement when making decisions.

Leaders and decision makers made business and "Secular" decisions based on the "promptings of the spirit"

Attending Monday devotionals were not mandatory, but being assigned to give the devotional once a year was.

People were generally very nice. But the pressure to conform was always there, and judgement and gossip was quite common.

As you can imagine many employees are very devout Mormons, many supporting family's with 10+ kids.

Prayers before and after most meetings and 1 on 1's

I felt bad that many people who truly loved working there got layed off, while I, who wanted out and was hoping for that severance package, had to stay.

I found another job shortly after. – less
Wonderful, life-changing service opportunities
Young Performing Missionary (Former Employee), Nauvoo, ILAugust 27, 2013
Best time of my life! Spent all day every day serving the Lord and serving my fellow man.
Fun and Productive!
Missionary (Former Employee), MichiganJuly 1, 2013
I would wake up study gospel topics, go out and preach and come back at the very end of the day!
Productive, perpetual and enjoyable.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 1, 2013
Pros: early going home during summer
Cons: being a small company few people at work.
LDS is a small company and we treat each other like family. Everyday is a busy day. The hardest part when doing billing for international account due to exchange rate. The most enjoyable part is cutting checks to vendors and List Owners.
excellent culture and values
Missionary (Former Employee), Arcadia, CAApril 29, 2013
Pros: lots of free dinners
Cons: only two years long
start every day with scripure studies and prayer.worked with awesome and loving people in california.I learned about my true identity as a child of GOD and as an ambassador of Jesus Christ.The leaders would seek prayerfull counsel from the lord before changing things.the hardest part of the job was seeing people not accept the gospel of Jesus Christ.The – more... best part of he job was being anle to teach people about what I love the most. – less
A Great Average OTR Company
Owner Operator/ Dry (Current Employee), Reno, NVFebruary 6, 2013
usually out a week at a time. will work with you to have your weekends off. Times can get a little tough when they are slow and some of the planning may be unorginized. Overall it was a good place to work, but not for a long term career.
overall good experience
Banner Ford Finance Manager (Former Employee), Mandeville LAJanuary 21, 2013
I sold products to buyers. Products from Extended service plams to Life and Disability
Full time missionary service
LDS Missionary (Former Employee), Eugene, ORDecember 18, 2012
This was not a job but a volunteer service, where i gave two years to teach, uplift, and serve all different kinds of people.

The Best part of this service was seeing people make a signifigant change in their life to better themselves and live a more positive and goal oriented life.

The most difficult part was working with another missionary who did – more... not want to serve. As well as seing people come close to making a wonderful change and then not following through.

I learned how to plan, teach, love, work very hard (with no management continually observing me), live a disciplined life style, and represent a world wide organization with dignity. – less
19 months of working one on one with everyone in Ventura County
Missionary (Former Employee), Ventura, CAJune 15, 2012
I spend between 2-3 hours studying the material and then go out and spend the entire day teaching people about the basic beliefs of the church and how it can bless their lives. I learned valuable life lessons that have molded me into a patient, trustworthy, hardworking, motivated, charismatic person.
Great job where you meet new people
Account Representative (Current Employee), Slidell, LAMarch 8, 2012
I have been able to work with others in securing them employment, as well as making inroads into jobs that they might not normally have a chance at getting.
Nice place
Dryliner (Former Employee), Sandyford, DSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: nice team work
Cons: long hours
Working on own intuitive, no stress flexi hours Learn new skills and new tricks how to carry work on a safe place
Amazing
Missionary Service (Former Employee), Philippines ManilaJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: meeting people and sharing the gospel of jesus christ
Being a full time missionary is the best thing any individual can do for themselves but more so for all mankind. I'm truly grateful for the opportunity I got to serve a mission because it has prepared me for every facet in my life now and the challenges I know have happened, are happening, and are yet to happen.
LDS (Later Day Saints)
Administration Officer (Current Employee), work from home.December 13, 2013
Pros: work at your own leisure
Cons: voluntry no pay
This is a part time job, working from home, indexing family history records on a voluntry basis, the work is good and can be done at anytime day or evening.
main part of the work is downloading family records to your own home computer, then up loading to the family record site.

So far i have completed 3500 records to date, i find this very enjoyable.
its a good experience and a spiritual one,learned how to talk to diffrent people.its fun.
Missionary (Former Employee), philippines quezon city missionFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: from my own pocket
Cons: lunch breaks
when i was on my mission in philippines i learned how to communicate with people,learned how to share them what i believe in the Lord Jesus Christ,and i learned and grow to love the people in the philippines,now i can communicate with them in there native language.its fun and its not a easy task in my life,case i walk miles and mile to deliver His msg.but – more... i was so happy that i had a chance to served HIM..sacrifice myself to shared His msg to the people of philippines. – less
Empresa dinâmica.
Assistente Administrativo (Former Employee), CEJanuary 7, 2014
Líderes que transmitiam confiança, empresa incentivava o aprendizado, ambiente tranquilo para trabalhar.