LeChris, Inc, CABHA certified, CARF accredited mental health organization, is seeking a part time Certified Medical Assistant for our New Bern, NC location.
1) Current Certified Medical Assistant Certificate in this state, or permit to practice.
2) Knowledge of DSM-IV diagnoses and techniques for diagnosing treating clients with varying diagnosis
3) Excellent communication skills and ability to write detailed documentation
4) Ability to function as a team member within the Le’Chris organization and to work in cooperation with the LME, other provider agencies, and various community agencies.
1. Prepares and administers medications and treatments with knowledge of purpose and adverse effects of nursing care provided.
2. Completes all documentation for observation, planning, and evaluation of care provided to patients, including orders by physicians.
3. Functions in monitoring capacity as assigned for completion of patient’s care, employee guidance and discipline.
4. Maintains open lines of communication between Physicians, Physician Assistants, supervisors as well as other departments.
5. Acts on patient’s behalf to assure patient rights and to prevent patient abuse.
6. Acts on first aid knowledge in emergencies.
7. Is aware of safety issues, accomplishing responsibilities in a safe manner, re-enforces good safety practices displayed by other staff members.
8. Is able to maintain confidentiality of information.
9. Works as a team member.