Le'Chris, Inc., CABHA Certified, CARF Accredited mental health agency servicing Eastern NC, is seeking a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant. The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant will provide direct patient care services and perform medical acts as a Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant. Services will be provided under the supervision of a Psychiatrist for patients requiring psychiatric evaluation and medication management. State of North Carolina licensure required. Experience with mental health population required. Competitive compensation and benefits package. Submit resume for consideration.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Will provide medical care to patients through medication management in the various Le’Chris offices.
- Prepares and administers medications and treatments with knowledge of purpose and adverse effects of treatment provided.
- Completes all documentation for observation, planning, and evaluation of care provided to patients, including orders by physicians.
- Functions in monitoring capacity as assigned for completion of patient’s care, employee guidance and discipline.
- Maintains open lines of communication between Medical Director, supervisors as well as other departments.
- Acts on patient’s behalf to assure patient rights and to prevent patient abuse.
- Acts on first aid knowledge in emergencies.
- Is aware of safety issues, accomplishing responsibilities in a safe manner, re-enforces good safety practices displayed by other staff members.
- Is able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Works as a team member.
- 11.Is able to perform the following physical activities: Kneeling, Stooping, Standing, Reaching, Pulling/pushing, Walking, Grasping, Moving fingers, Hearing, Talking, Sitting, Repetitive motions.
REQUIRED MINIMUM TRAINING:
- Current FNP or PA license in North Carolina, or permit to practice.
- Knowledge of DSM-IV diagnoses and techniques for diagnosing treating clients with varying diagnosis
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write detailed documentation
- Willingness to be on-call 24/7 on a rotational basis
- Ability to function as a team member within the Le’Chris organization and to work in cooperation with the LME, other provider agencies, and various community agencies.
- Available to work outside of the agency in order to complete assessment in various locales
- Client Rights and Confidentiality, including HIPPA
- On-going service specific trainings necessary to enhance skills and maintain licensure.
- Periodic updates of the above trainings are the joint responsibility of Le’Chris and the employee.
Indeed - 15 months ago